Hillary Clinton expresses 100% support for Trump's actions in Syria

I'm by no means a fan of Hillary but when she's right she's right you let what Assad did go with no response and no one on the world stage will take you serious going forward,

Why did Trump tell Assad and the Russians he was going to strike before he did? I ask especially after Trump said this in the past

FACT CHECK: Should Mosul Campaign Have Been A 'Sneak Attack,' As Trump Said?

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

The attack on Mosul is turning out to be a total disaster. We gave them months of notice. U.S. is looking so dumb. VOTE TRUMP and WIN AGAIN!

7:40 PM - 23 Oct 2016

The Question

Is Trump correct that the U.S. talked about attacking Mosul three or four months ago and that the "element of surprise" would have been a better strategy?

The Short Answer

No.

But Trump did warn the Russians and Syrians and that air base was unoccupied before he bombed it. Trump is looking so dumb.
Because we also have troops in Syria the U.S. and Russia have used this line of communication before to prevent them from accidentally hitting each other's troops. The goal was to destroy the airstrip and send a message not kill Russian personal and I suspect he was doing this on the advice Secretary of Defense Mattis someone who is anything but dumb when it comes to military matters.

Ok, then why this?

Majority Of Republicans Said 'No' When Obama Wanted To Launch A Strike On Syria | The Huffington Post

Majority Of Republicans Said ‘No’ When Obama Wanted To Launch A Strike On Syria
Donald Trump didn’t seek Congressional approval.
Your point is what? Obama didn't need need congressional approval he could have launched a strike against Syria just as Trump did.

That's very liberal of you

Sen. Rand Paul: Syria, Trump and another unconstitutional rush to war

Every American condemns the atrocities in Syria, and we cannot help but be shaken by the images of innocent women and children dying. It is also true that often in foreign policy, things are not as simple as they appear, and actions often have consequences well beyond the obvious.

It is for this very reason that the Founders wanted a deliberate, thoughtful foreign policy, and when military action was needed, they wanted it debated and authorized by Congress.

Make no mistake, no matter who is president or what their party is, it is my firm belief that the president needs congressional authorization for military action, as required by the Constitution. I call on this president to come to Congress for a proper debate over our role in Syria, just as I did in 2013 when President Obama contemplated acting in Syria.
Again so what that is the position Rand Paul has taken for years as did his father Ron Paul. It's true only Congress can declare war but the President as CIC does have the the authority to order a military strike for something like this. Obama had that authority Trump has it and whoever follows him as President will have it. You can whine and moan about this all you like something I doubt you would be doing if the President ordering the strike had been a Democrat but it won't change the fact Trump had the authority to order the strike.

Last edited:
Sealybobo has lost his mind. The only action of Obama's via the military aspect I opposed was the Lybian disaster. That country was stable & complying with agreements Visa vie their WMDs.

Syria on the other hand has been indiscriminately killing it's citizens for years now. Doing everything it can to eliminate the "middle" so the world is left with the choice of him or ISIS.
From the beginning I have supported almost all of Obama's actions in Syria. I even praised him extensively when he drew the red line. Sadly he ran from that ultimatum and Russia & Iran filled the vacuum. As a result the European nations are all now at constant risk of attacks & the atrocities in Syria escalated.

A half a million civilians are dead now in Syria. And good chunk of that total is a direct result of America's indecisiveness when it came to backing our words with actions.

Sealybobo can go fuck himself
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

2:14 PM - 29 Aug 2013

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III.

5:46 AM - 31 Aug 2013
This isn't 2013 cletus. This is 2017 and the situation has gotten FAR WORSE. Not only that but no one outside the people directly involved have all the facts.

And if you're trying to score Trump flip flop points I don't give a shit. I've said all along that Trump's mouth is his biggest problem. But that changes nothing for those needlessly being slaughtered in Syria.

Sad that you would rather use the opportunity to play your stupid partisan games than hope that this action can possibly open some other avenues both in Syria & North Korea

See you pathetic mother fucking hypocrites. If Obama bombed without congress' approval you would have faulted him for that. When he didn't bomb because he didn't get approval you fault him for that. Can't win with you guys.

Obama Was Right to Abandon ‘Red Line’ on Syria’s Chemical Weapons

I'm by no means a fan of Hillary but when she's right she's right you let what Assad did go with no response and no one on the world stage will take you serious going forward,

Why did Trump tell Assad and the Russians he was going to strike before he did? I ask especially after Trump said this in the past

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

The attack on Mosul is turning out to be a total disaster. We gave them months of notice. U.S. is looking so dumb. VOTE TRUMP and WIN AGAIN!

The Question

Is Trump correct that the U.S. talked about attacking Mosul three or four months ago and that the "element of surprise" would have been a better strategy?

The Short Answer

No.

But Trump did warn the Russians and Syrians and that air base was unoccupied before he bombed it. Trump is looking so dumb.
Because we also have troops in Syria the U.S. and Russia have used this line of communication before to prevent them from accidentally hitting each other's troops. The goal was to destroy the airstrip and send a message not kill Russian personal and I suspect he was doing this on the advice Secretary of Defense Mattis someone who is anything but dumb when it comes to military matters.

Ok, then why this?

Majority Of Republicans Said 'No' When Obama Wanted To Launch A Strike On Syria | The Huffington Post

Your point is what? Obama didn't need need congressional approval he could have launched a strike against Syria just as Trump did.
No he didn't need to ask Congress to bomb the shit out of Isis. Look it up. It's a law he doesn't need to. But what Trump did was unconstitutional. He needed to get congress' approval and you know it. Funny how some days you know what is constitutional and some days you don't.

Defense Appropriations Bill

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

The Question

The Short Answer

No.

Ok, then why this?

That's very liberal of you

Sen. Rand Paul: Syria, Trump and another unconstitutional rush to war

Every American condemns the atrocities in Syria, and we cannot help but be shaken by the images of innocent women and children dying. It is also true that often in foreign policy, things are not as simple as they appear, and actions often have consequences well beyond the obvious.

It is for this very reason that the Founders wanted a deliberate, thoughtful foreign policy, and when military action was needed, they wanted it debated and authorized by Congress.

Make no mistake, no matter who is president or what their party is, it is my firm belief that the president needs congressional authorization for military action, as required by the Constitution. I call on this president to come to Congress for a proper debate over our role in Syria, just as I did in 2013 when President Obama contemplated acting in Syria.
Again so what that is the position Rand Paul has taken for years as did his father Ron Paul. It's true only Congress can declare war but the President as CIC does have the the authority to order a military strike for something like this. Obama had that authority Trump has it and whoever follows him as President will have it. You can whine and moan about this all you like something I doubt you would be doing if the President ordering the strike had been a Democrat but it won't change the fact Trump had the authority to order the strike.

For something like this? That's the point. No he doesn't have the power to bomb on his own for something like this. Can he bomb every country when he sees their government isn't treating their citizens well? Then bomb America you stupid shits. LOL. Rand Paul is right. Odd you don't know what Trump did was unconstitutional. You all act like masters of the book.

If Clinton and McCain both fully support Trump's action on Syria, then Trump fucked up badly somewhere along the line. Not to mention going against what he promused during his campaign

If Clinton and McCain both fully support Trump's action on Syria, then Trump fucked up badly somewhere along the line. Not to mention going against what he promused during his campaign

“Assad is a brutal dictator who must be held accountable for his actions,” said Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), who was Hillary Clinton’s running mate in the 2016 election. “But President Trump has launched a military strike against Syria without a vote of Congress. The Constitution says war must be declared by Congress. I voted for military action against Syria in 2013 when Donald Trump was advocating that America turn its back on Assad’s atrocities. Congress will work with the President, but his failure to seek Congressional approval is unlawful.”

Sealybobo has lost his mind. The only action of Obama's via the military aspect I opposed was the Lybian disaster. That country was stable & complying with agreements Visa vie their WMDs.

Syria on the other hand has been indiscriminately killing it's citizens for years now. Doing everything it can to eliminate the "middle" so the world is left with the choice of him or ISIS.
From the beginning I have supported almost all of Obama's actions in Syria. I even praised him extensively when he drew the red line. Sadly he ran from that ultimatum and Russia & Iran filled the vacuum. As a result the European nations are all now at constant risk of attacks & the atrocities in Syria escalated.

A half a million civilians are dead now in Syria. And good chunk of that total is a direct result of America's indecisiveness when it came to backing our words with actions.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III.

This isn't 2013 cletus. This is 2017 and the situation has gotten FAR WORSE. Not only that but no one outside the people directly involved have all the facts.

And if you're trying to score Trump flip flop points I don't give a shit. I've said all along that Trump's mouth is his biggest problem. But that changes nothing for those needlessly being slaughtered in Syria.

Sad that you would rather use the opportunity to play your stupid partisan games than hope that this action can possibly open some other avenues both in Syria & North Korea

Bullshit you twat. In 2013 1500 people died. How many died here? You're being played by the media fool. IT's causing you to flippy floppy.

So the consensus among wingnuts regarding Syria is:

1. Clinton has been right all along.
2. Obama was wrong.
3. Trump was wrong until last night.

Is that correct?

✔@realDonaldTrump

✔@realDonaldTrump

How has it gotten worse you political fucking hack? In 2013 they killed 1,500 civilians, including at least 426 children. Days later, President Obama declared that he was ready to order a military strike on Syria to punish Bashar al-Assad, but would consult Congress. They said no.

And Trump said “If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!” “What I am saying is stay out of Syria,” Trump added days later. “AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER,” he emphasized, “DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!” Most importantly, Trump Tweeted this:

✔@realDonaldTrump

I love Grampa's defense of his flippy floppy. That things are much worse. Today Assad killed 85 and because Grampa was shown pictures of poisoned kids, he's on board. Sort of reminds me how Bush lied us into Iraq. Trumps a good actor and salesman. He's clearly sold Grampa. But Grampa wasn't moved back in 2013 when 1500 were killed and like 500 were kids. That didn't move Grampa fucking merked because he's a god damn political fucking hack job. LOL

since Hillary was going to be bush 3.0, does that mean trump is?
Really? I thought she smelled more like an Obama number 2.
Obama was bush 2.0
I meant she smelled like Obama's number 2 as in Obama's bowel movement,but I guess you didn't get it because you think Obama's shit doesn't stink.
Oh lol gotcha.
Yea... I just love Obama! <snicker>
Apparently you love his talk tough and carry a small stick approach to Syria.

since Hillary was going to be bush 3.0, does that mean trump is?
Really? I thought she smelled more like an Obama number 2.
Obama was bush 2.0
I meant she smelled like Obama's number 2 as in Obama's bowel movement,but I guess you didn't get it because you think Obama's shit doesn't stink.
Oh lol gotcha.
Yea... I just love Obama! <snicker>
Apparently you love his talk tough and carry a small stick approach to Syria.
Obama is a loser. Much like you are an idiot.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Having a President who says one thing and does another rates an "I don't give a shit" from you? And it's not as if he made the decision to ignore his own statements on something like campaign finance or some weapons system we may never use; he ran on being non-interventionalist and less than 100 days into his regime, he has intervened in the Middle East.

Calling it a game of "gotcha" is fine but seriously, this is how involvement starts. Meanwhile Hezbollah is sitting there in Lebanon with 30,000 rockets, an army of terrorists into the 10-20 thousand range who are made up mainly true believers in radical Islam and they have zero fear of a 20-30 year war since they are funded by the US drug pandemic. They already have the ability to reach every square inch of Israel and would have no trouble taking out American installations in Syria.

It isn't a riskless move.

It isn't going to be without consequence.

And it's not our fight.

Forum List

Back