High school basketball team is stripped of title after tortillas were thrown at opposing Latino players

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Their feelings got hurt.

"A high school basketball team in Southern California was stripped of its regional title after members of the mostly White team threw tortillas at a predominantly Latino opposing team following a final match two weeks ago, the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) said Wednesday."

That will probably make an impression on them, whether or not it changes behaviors, hearts or minds remains to be seen I suppose.

Their feelings got hurt.

"A high school basketball team in Southern California was stripped of its regional title after members of the mostly White team threw tortillas at a predominantly Latino opposing team following a final match two weeks ago, the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) said Wednesday."

what those kids was damn wrong. Unsportsmanlike for sure. I would have handled it differently though. If I had been their coach... made them personally apologize then make them cook tacos for the other team. If they refused to do so... maybe then take their title

Could have been worse, could have been s**t, could have been bottles, which is dangerous....eggs.....etc

But tortillas on the other hand, are very nice.;)

Their feelings got hurt.

Don't know the details and honestly don't care but if your title is accurate I have no problem with it.

Nothing worse than a sore winner/bad sport

Could have been worse, could have been s**t, could have been bottles, which is dangerous....eggs.....etc

But tortillas on the other hand, are very nice.;)
I second this. Things like tortillas in my opinion should be considered a compliment.

God bless you and all of the players always!!!

Holly

Their feelings got hurt.

Good. No rewards for poor sportsmanship. UNLESS its a man posing as a woman. Then lots of food should be thrown at him.

what those kids was damn wrong. Unsportsmanlike for sure. I would have handled it differently though. If I had been their coach... made them personally apologize then make them cook tacos for the other team. If they refused to do so... maybe then take their title

Correct, that's exactly what you do; have your adversaries prepare and handle your food. :eusa_shhh:

If I get an unsatisfactory meal at a restaurant, I complain to the management when I leave. The last thing I would do is send my food back to the cook. God only knows what he'd do with it behind those kitchen walls.

That will probably make an impression on them, whether or not it changes behaviors, hearts or minds remains to be seen I suppose.
This is exactly the thing that I always, always wonder about on the race issue: What is the actual goal of behaviors and actions that we see? Is it just to punish, or intimidate, or attack?

Most of what we do certainly doesn't seem to have the goal of changing hearts & minds, or actually healing our racial issues. If ever.

Last edited:
Unacceptable for sure.
But the punishment is absurd and unwarranted.
And then of course a group of faculty liberals didn't think even that is enough...no...they wanted the players banned and forced to undergo "corrective teaching". Right out of 1984.

The correct thing to have done is find out who the initial instigators were. Who brought the tortillas, and who distribute them. Punish them, and perhaps suspend the team for one game.

It was rude, unsportsmanlike, but come on, take their title away and put them on probation for 3 years? This means kids in future classes will be punished for the action of these kids. Ridiculous.

This is exactly the thing that I always, always wonder about on the race issue: What is the actual goal of behaviors and actions that we see? Is it just to punish, or intimidate, or attack?

Most of what we do certainly doesn't seem to have the goal of changing hearts & minds, or actually healing our racial issues. If ever.
History is not like this. We are the greatest experiment in human history. All the groups we have. You are pushing love. That does not exist. People aggravate each other. What can be done is tolerance. and we are not doing that. We make excuses for criminal acts. We say it is okay to not be responsible in our ways. This can not last and will not. It is causing decay in our nation.

If it had been a Negro team would they have thrown watermelon rinds at them?

If the team was mostly Hispanics in California then they were probably Illegals so they can go fuck themselves. They deserved to be ridiculed.

Forum List

Back