Hi you all - a little about me:

WILL YOU GUYS KNOCK IT OFF??? THIS IS INTRODUCTIONS. MindWars, no one cares if you broke the rules again and got reported. I'm sure it is our fate to have you with us forever, regardless of the nonsense you're always very badly composing into semi-English. Votto, take it to the religion and ethics forum. Same for anyone else.

I will ignore posts like what you are referring to. Thank you for the good advice - religion and ethics forum I will hopefully find and post at.
Just dont post the theory in your OP. It has already been killed lol
Since when does another guy's religion get you so bent out of shape? A lot of posters here think end times are coming. At least he's not damning us all to hell. Give him a break.
Ok, so my point was, he made a ridiculous theory in the OP.
People are going to go after it.
An introduction thread should be just that. An introduction.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and am interested in both Biblical research and scientific research. I am also into the environment as we believe earth is a gift to man from God (Jehovah - Psalms 83:18 KJV). My wife and I are organic gardeners but are now elderly so we don't do as much gardening as we used to.

In view of current events, Jesus foretold pestilence/plague as a sign of the last days (Luke 21:11) which we believe began in 1914 when WWI began and that therefore the Spanish influenza of 1918, which killed c. 20 million people that year, was part of the beginning of the last days. Not sure if the current Corona/Covid 19 plague/pandemic is part of the end of the last days.

I love doing research and especially researching answers to questions. I hate debating, but like discussing subjects with those who may not agree with us/me.
:hello77:
Welcome Newtonian :)

Yes, plague is only 100 years old. No plagues before the spanish flu.
Thanks for the info

Is it proper to discuss topics like pestilence on this thread? Assuming it is:

The Spanish Influenza was the worst plague in history from before 1918 - hopefully this current pestilence will not be worse. Note also that the 1918 pandemic killed 20 million people worldwide in just one year - and spread to all but 2 islands if I remember correctly. Also that flu strain was also a virus - man has not progressed much in curing viruses.

All that Jesus foretold for the last days began in 1914 - not just pestilence. I posted on that because we are in a pandemic right now.
The black plague killed up to 200m people. It wiped out 50 percent of europe.
The plague of Justinian killed up to 50m people and that was 1500 years ago..
Seems you are distorting reality to fit your theory.

Can you document your figures? The black plague killed about 20 million people between c. 1347-1351 CE. [Note: Also called black death, bubonic plague, pneumonic plague]. From our website some articles on the bubonic plague:

Here are some of our links on the currently relevant information about the spanish influenza:

For example this excerpt from this link:

"Following in the wake of the ravages of World War I, the Spanish flu reaped over 20 million human lives in just a few months of 1918-19. The only territory on earth to escape this scourge was the small island of St. Helena. In places where the population was decimated, funeral pyres were lit to burn the piles of bodies."

A link from our website on the plague of Justinian:

Excerpt:

"“In all history there had been no sterner, swifter visitation of death,” says “Science Digest” of the 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic. The article notes that the sixth-century plague of Justinian “supposedly claimed 100 million lives—but it endured for 50 years.”"

WILL YOU GUYS KNOCK IT OFF??? THIS IS INTRODUCTIONS. MindWars, no one cares if you broke the rules again and got reported. I'm sure it is our fate to have you with us forever, regardless of the nonsense you're always very badly composing into semi-English. Votto, take it to the religion and ethics forum. Same for anyone else.

I will ignore posts like what you are referring to. Thank you for the good advice - religion and ethics forum I will hopefully find and post at.
By the way, there is nothing wrong with the donuts. Marion is just yanking my chain.

rofl.gif

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and am interested in both Biblical research and scientific research. I am also into the environment as we believe earth is a gift to man from God (Jehovah - Psalms 83:18 KJV). My wife and I are organic gardeners but are now elderly so we don't do as much gardening as we used to.

In view of current events, Jesus foretold pestilence/plague as a sign of the last days (Luke 21:11) which we believe began in 1914 when WWI began and that therefore the Spanish influenza of 1918, which killed c. 20 million people that year, was part of the beginning of the last days. Not sure if the current Corona/Covid 19 plague/pandemic is part of the end of the last days.

I love doing research and especially researching answers to questions. I hate debating, but like discussing subjects with those who may not agree with us/me.

Hi!

OP, Newtonian, is it?

Hope you have a thick skin because anything posted in the religion forum is going to get attacked viciously. Just make your point and disregard the bile.

Hi!
:hhello:

OP, Newtonian, is it?

Hope you have a thick skin because anything posted in the religion forum is going to get attacked viciously. Just make your point and disregard the bile.

Thank you for the advice/warning! I'll give it a try.

Hi!
You look familiar - did you meet me on the jwtalk forum?

Either way:

Agape/philia/love

By the way, there is nothing wrong with the donuts. Marion is just yanking my chain.
Nothing wrong with donuts?

Aside from being equivalent to crack cocaine while contributing to diabetes and heart failure, you are correct.

Now that you mention is, I need a hit but all the crack houses..........er.....um.........donute joints are probably closed now

Thanks corona.

Since when does another guy's religion get you so bent out of shape? A lot of posters here think end times are coming. At least he's not damning us all to hell. Give him a break.
I liked it. You are just bias against door knockers and many Christians in general.

Welcome.

Hi!
You look familiar - did you meet me on the jwtalk forum?

Either way:

Agape/philia/love
Unfortunately I don't know the jwtalk forum! :)
But you made me curious Newtonian....I want to know something about that forum :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with donuts?

Aside from being equivalent to crack cocaine while contributing to diabetes and heart failure, you are correct.

Now that you mention is, I need a hit but all the crack houses..........er.....um.........donute joints are probably closed now

Thanks corona.
Well, eat whatever you like. I'm not going to welcome people with a carrot juice cocktail, though.

Thanks for the info

The Spanish Influenza was the worst plague in history from before 1918 - hopefully this current pestilence will not be worse. Note also that the 1918 pandemic killed 20 million people worldwide in just one year - and spread to all but 2 islands if I remember correctly. Also that flu strain was also a virus - man has not progressed much in curing viruses.

All that Jesus foretold for the last days began in 1914 - not just pestilence. I posted on that because we are in a pandemic right now.

Can you document your figures? The black plague killed about 20 million people between c. 1347-1351 CE. [Note: Also called black death, bubonic plague, pneumonic plague]. From our website some articles on the bubonic plague:

Here are some of our links on the currently relevant information about the spanish influenza:

"Following in the wake of the ravages of World War I, the Spanish flu reaped over 20 million human lives in just a few months of 1918-19. The only territory on earth to escape this scourge was the small island of St. Helena. In places where the population was decimated, funeral pyres were lit to burn the piles of bodies."

Excerpt:

"“In all history there had been no sterner, swifter visitation of death,” says “Science Digest” of the 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic. The article notes that the sixth-century plague of Justinian “supposedly claimed 100 million lives—but it endured for 50 years.”"
The black plague had 3 stages, also called the bubonic plague. What you cited, was the second.
Guess i should have been more clear. My apologies.
All together it was almost 200m.

I liked it. You are just bias against door knockers and many Christians in general.
I attacked his theory, not his religion.
Please learn English.

Welcome! You'll find this place informative, amusing, head scratching, and sometimes, you'll catch yourself actually talking to yourself saying, "did I just read that?"
I don't think the virus is our end of days but the great part about participating in this forum is that keyboards are socially distant. :)

Just grab your flame retardant clothing and head gear and as always, try not to take anything personally.

WELCOME to the boards, Newtonian. May you enjoy your new adventure. You arrived at a pretty perfect time as we are all learning to navigate a new board format. :)

Thanks for the info

Excerpt:

The black plague had 3 stages, also called the bubonic plague. What you cited, was the second.
Guess i should have been more clear. My apologies.
All together it was almost 200m.
No problem. Glad you are interested in accurate information.

In Jesus prophecy for the last days in Matthew chapter 24; Luke 21, Mark 13 he indicated all of these things, not just diseases, would mark the last days. For example, Mt.24:7-9 refers to nation against nation (Greek ethnos) not just kingdom against kingdom (Greek basilea). Britannica notes World War I was the first total war - this is why historians refer to this as WWI.

Two brief excerpts from Britannica:

"To its contemporaries, it was known simply as “the World War” or “the Great War,” because it was nearly impossible to imagine a conflict that would surpass the one that shattered Europe between July 28, 1914, and November 11, 1918. Combat and disease claimed the lives of more than 8 million fighting men, and 21 million more were wounded. As many as 13 million civilians died as a result of starvation, exposure, disease, military action, and massacres. ...

the intercontinental movement of troops helped fuel the deadliest influenza pandemic in history. The ripple effects of the war, from the Great Depression, to World War II, to the Cold War, continue to be felt today."

Forum List

Back