Hi Def Society Episode 7, tonight 10.7.15

When ever Congress starts new gun legislation ... The only thing that happens is more guns are sold.
The Assault Weapons Ban (allowed to expire) ... Resulted in increasing the number of "assault weapons" (by their definition) owned.
You could still buy pre-ban mags (30 rounds) etc ...

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
When ever Congress starts new gun legislation ... The only thing that happens is more guns are sold.
The Assault Weapons Ban (allowed to expire) ... Resulted in increasing the number of "assault weapons" (by their definition) owned.
You could still buy pre-ban mags (30 rounds) etc ...

call and back me up then scrooge god damn

The problem I see isn't with limiting weapon's purchases ... It is the fact it won't make a difference until you do something about the 400 million guns already owned.
There are more guns than people in this country ... And laws only limit the law abiding.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I think that people read too much into what "The People" are going to do.

I am just guessing, but I figure crap will fall apart due to another situation (economic collapse, natural disaster or whatnot) before there is any Revolution.
That being the case ... It will be "every man/woman for themselves" ... And if you are not armed, you are going to be a victim.

Sonny, they wouldn't have much of a show right now if you weren't on the line.

I think that people read too much into what "The People" are going to do.

I am just guessing, but I figure crap will fall apart due to another situation (economic collapse, natural disaster or whatnot) before there is any Revolution.
that being the case ... It will be "every man/ woman for themselves" ... And if you are not armed, you are going to be a victim.

Not only that, far too many are going to 'depend' on others for survival. I could see it being somewhat like the show The Walking Dead where there are rival bands of people trying to take each other out instead of trying to find ways to work with each other to ensure they live to see the next sunrise.

Not only that, far too many are going to 'depend' on others for survival. I could see it being somewhat like the show The Walking Dead where there are rival bands of people trying to take each other out instead of trying to find ways to work with each other to ensure they live to see the next sunrise.

So then comes the million dollar question ...
A firearm will only get you so far, but how many people do you know have the "grit" it is going to take in order to make it day to day?

A firearm will only get you so far, but how many people do you know have the "grit" it is going to take in order to make it day to day?

if i get a million guaranteed, ill answer it flat out

Grew up in the fields of my parents' farm, where we ate what we grew and had slaughtered, and also went fishing several nights every week year round. Canned and froze vegetables from the garden to have year round, also had freezers full of meat and seafood. Rarely bought any of that in a store. Also had a dairy cow and a pasteurizing machine. To feed the stock, we had our own mill where we ground corn from the fields and other grains to make our own mix. It truly was a working farm in every sense. I could easily go 'offline' and live that way. I'm happiest when I'm outside doing something.

A million guaranteed slaps upside the head?

The qualifier is beyond the possibility to accurately calculate and relies on the unlikely probability that you would even remember or appropriately quantify "people you know".

ur mean to me tnite fuxxface

It's kinda hard not to be after seeing the stickman picture you drew for your current avatar. :badgrin:

It's kinda hard not to be after seeing the stickman picture you drew for your current avatar. :badgrin:
thnxx bro

Grew up in the fields of my parents' farm, where we ate what we grew and had slaughtered, and also went fishing several nights every week year round. Canned and froze vegetables from the garden to have year round, also had freezers full of meat and seafood. Rarely bought any of that in a store. Also had a dairy cow and a pasteurizing machine. To feed the stock, we had our own mill where we ground corn from the fields and other grains to make our own mix. It truly was a working farm in every sense. I could easily go 'offline' and live that way. I'm happiest when I'm outside doing something.

I know a few folks that would be fine ... And a lot of folks that would be lost or "babes in the woods".

Forum List

Back