Hey, People

Aug 29, 2021
I'm not a stranger to forums, I usually keep them up in the background while I'm doing other things. I lurked here sometime ago, but chose now to make an account due to the closure of a different forum I used to frequent. RIPeroni.

Regardless, people usually refer to me as either Ida or Raven for short, I enjoy anime, video games, manga, books, horror movies, building models, 3D Printing, graphic design, pixelart, and other such things.

"Politically", I lean more towards philosophers like Aristotle, Lysander Spooner, Samuel Konkin, and early Murray Rothbard(He became less consistent later on). I'm extremely critical of Hoppe's work, just to get that statement out of the way for anyone who has similar views.

I've been called "extremely abrasive" in the past, but I'll try to be respectful.

U most likely can get away with being abrasive on this board because USMB is(@ current anyways) NOT a PC dominated message board due to vastly more open minded & logical moderators than the 2nd/3rd class boards like yahoo answers & other PC dominated M/B's that litter up cyber space. I do wish U the most pleasant & informative experience on USMB & will catch up with you in the forums!

U most likely can get away with being abrasive on this board because USMB is(@ current anyways) NOT a PC dominated message board due to vastly more open minded & logical moderators than the 2nd/3rd class boards like yahoo answers & other PC dominated M/B's that litter up cyber space. I do wish U the most pleasant & informative experience on USMB & will catch up with you in the forums!
Thank you for the rundown and the welcome. I'll still try not to be abrasive, however it's nice to know that I likely won't be punished if I slip back into those tendencies.

It's also good to know that the forum staff are pretty chill here, since the staff do tend to make or break an online social experience.

I'm not a stranger to forums, I usually keep them up in the background while I'm doing other things. I lurked here sometime ago, but chose now to make an account due to the closure of a different forum I used to frequent. RIPeroni.

Regardless, people usually refer to me as either Ida or Raven for short, I enjoy anime, video games, manga, books, horror movies, building models, 3D Printing, graphic design, pixelart, and other such things.

"Politically", I lean more towards philosophers like Aristotle, Lysander Spooner, Samuel Konkin, and early Murray Rothbard(He became less consistent later on). I'm extremely critical of Hoppe's work, just to get that statement out of the way for anyone who has similar views.

I've been called "extremely abrasive" in the past, but I'll try to be respectful.
Welcome. Are you a big fan of Harry Potter by chance?

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

An abrasive approach is required in the Jungle.

Welcome in. With a name like that, you may know where the bodies are buried, or where they will be buried.

Welcome. Are you a big fan of Harry Potter by chance?
I've read the whole series, but I wouldn't refer to myself as a big fan. It's well-written, in the sense that it conveys a large amount of information in a smaller amount of words, and is very descriptive where it matters, but I felt as though the world-building was lackluster, and the storytelling could have been better. I get a bit tired of protagonists that were born special.

Well, if you feel abrasive, there is the taunting zones.
I am currently there being a Brillo Pad.
I mostly lurk there, it's always nice to watch a little trainwreck when you're good and bored. I may partake if I'm feeling particularly antagonistic. Now that I know you're having a good time in there, though, I'll go cheer you on, so thank you for the heads-up.

You nay be needed for help with physical removal.... ;)

HHHREMOVE.png

Thank you for the rundown and the welcome. I'll still try not to be abrasive, however it's nice to know that I likely won't be punished if I slip back into those tendencies.

It's also good to know that the forum staff are pretty chill here, since the staff do tend to make or break an online social experience.
Our rank & file USMB members are by far the best I have ever encountered regarding the online M/B's. Our non PC moderators simply outclass the moderators on other M/B's, hence USMB's high rating due to moderators who fully understand that a PC stifled message board is no M/B @ all!

Our rank & file USMB members are by far the best I have ever encountered regarding the online M/B's. Our non PC moderators simply outclass the moderators on other M/B's, hence USMB's high rating due to moderators who fully understand that a PC stifled message board is no M/B @ all!
That's some funny shit, right there.

Hey. . . welcome.

Your interests and politics remind me of one of our old members. . . she would be just about your age by now, Pumpkin Row. She disabled search functions for her brilliant posts. . . and she became very discouraged with the garbage that went on here, and left us. :(

I hope you do not become so as well.
Above all, remember to keep your sense of humor and look on the bright side of things.

It takes a very strong person to engage with the B.S. that goes on in this world, and on this forum. Good luck to you. :113:

Hey. . . welcome.

Your interests and politics remind me of one of our old members. . . she would be just about your age by now, Pumpkin Row. She disabled search functions for her brilliant posts. . . and she became very discouraged with the garbage that went on here, and left us. :(

I hope you do not become so as well.
Above all, remember to keep your sense of humor and look on the bright side of things.

It takes a very strong person to engage with the B.S. that goes on in this world, and on this forum. Good luck to you. :113:

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for your loss. It's disappointing that we can't search her posts, as I'd have liked to glance through them if she followed similar/same philosophers, and had similar interests.

I can't guarantee not becoming discouraged, since I do suffer from severe depression, but I think I have it pretty well-handled. I usually just take a quick break to do something else until I feel like myself again.

I suppose it does. I'll just hope that I'm as strong as you are, I guess.