Hey, People

I'm not a stranger to forums, I usually keep them up in the background while I'm doing other things. I lurked here sometime ago, but chose now to make an account due to the closure of a different forum I used to frequent. RIPeroni.

Regardless, people usually refer to me as either Ida or Raven for short, I enjoy anime, video games, manga, books, horror movies, building models, 3D Printing, graphic design, pixelart, and other such things.

"Politically", I lean more towards philosophers like Aristotle, Lysander Spooner, Samuel Konkin, and early Murray Rothbard(He became less consistent later on). I'm extremely critical of Hoppe's work, just to get that statement out of the way for anyone who has similar views.

I've been called "extremely abrasive" in the past, but I'll try to be respectful.
Welcome to USMB, Idalia. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Welcome to USMB Idalia….a most beautiful name I might add. I’m always intrigued with origins and meanings of names. It seems in addition to Greek origin that Italian is another ethnicity that claims origin of Idalia, both referencing “the golden sun”. What a strong image of strength and positive energy. Do you consider yourself to have traits of enduring energy? That is what I strive for on a daily basis: positive energy, but admittedly can do negative quite well on off days! Welcome:)

Welcome Idalia, what makes you abrasive?
In person and online, I tend to mock and ridicule people. I also come off as sarcastic, whether I'm genuine or not. As an example, I make fat jokes about one of my coworkers, due to his weight, and often mock the performance of coworkers who seem to under perform in sales numbers. I usually don't realize until I reflect on it that I probably come off as a horrible person. I've also often been told that I'm too cynical and negative.

Welcome to USMB Idalia….a most beautiful name I might add. I’m always intrigued with origins and meanings of names. It seems in addition to Greek origin that Italian is another ethnicity that claims origin of Idalia, both referencing “the golden sun”. What a strong image of strength and positive energy. Do you consider yourself to have traits of enduring energy? That is what I strive for on a daily basis: positive energy, but admittedly can do negative quite well on off days! Welcome:)
Thanks, though I admittedly usually go by my middle name instead. I'm not very good with name origins, but I feel as though those two cultures would have a lot of overlap.

I can't really claim to be a beacon of positive energy, I'm very bad at looking on the bright side of things, though I have been trying harder lately. Bad habits die hard, though, so I doubt I've improved any.

I'm not a stranger to forums, I usually keep them up in the background while I'm doing other things. I lurked here sometime ago, but chose now to make an account due to the closure of a different forum I used to frequent. RIPeroni.

Regardless, people usually refer to me as either Ida or Raven for short, I enjoy anime, video games, manga, books, horror movies, building models, 3D Printing, graphic design, pixelart, and other such things.

"Politically", I lean more towards philosophers like Aristotle, Lysander Spooner, Samuel Konkin, and early Murray Rothbard(He became less consistent later on). I'm extremely critical of Hoppe's work, just to get that statement out of the way for anyone who has similar views.

I've been called "extremely abrasive" in the past, but I'll try to be respectful.
Welcome to the site, enjoy your time on here.

In person and online, I tend to mock and ridicule people. I also come off as sarcastic, whether I'm genuine or not. As an example, I make fat jokes about one of my coworkers, due to his weight, and often mock the performance of coworkers who seem to under perform in sales numbers. I usually don't realize until I reflect on it that I probably come off as a horrible person. I've also often been told that I'm too cynical and negative.
Seems like your abrasiveness is somehow tied to your job. I can see that; working in sales can be highly competitive and there is a lot of pressure, having a slacker around can be quite annoying.

GridChopper.jpg

Thanks, though I admittedly usually go by my middle name instead. I'm not very good with name origins, but I feel as though those two cultures would have a lot of overlap.

I can't really claim to be a beacon of positive energy, I'm very bad at looking on the bright side of things, though I have been trying harder lately. Bad habits die hard, though, so I doubt I've improved any.
I am sure you’re right about cultures overlapping. I also agree, particularly with our current global reality, that it often takes effort to see the bright side of things. Many people have been dealt the worst hands ever at the get-go, origin of birth. These types of individuals who still thrive are remarkable in what they overcome by sheer will, hard work, and never giving up. To see the good overriding the negatives requires balance. For me, it requires breaking away from a constant pull I have for all things political. Even though I engage daily in political discussions, I balance it with other interests: family/friends, non-political interests, time with animals and in nature, attention to health and exercise, movies.

I relate about bad habits being harder to correct as most of us are creatures of habit. The good news is personal routines we establish can usually be at least modified, but takes sufficient desire to do so. Even acknowledging we have areas that need to be improved is not something all people care to do. That’s an important step actually!

You come across as well read and well spoken. I look forward to reading your posts.

Well if you think like Blinken, you can make 80 billion dollars in weapons, we gave for free. as a strategically good move

If you cause innocent people to die, consider it for the greater good

Think like Stalin. One death is a tragedy, a million is just a statistic..see how easy that is???

Or think of NY as criminals making a good living, people have to replace those items and pay taxes for the 2nd time. A boost to the econony...............See how clean I can make New York Shitty look like

When Hoppe was mentioned ,I thought it was Arthor Hoppe. A political Satirist who poked fun at Presidents. Especially LBJ.

Anyone who is fine by Lysander is fine by me.