Hey leftists, please give me ONE reason to trust the government to do ANYTHING...

How about the one our founders envisioned? You know, limited in scope, with a narrow set of powers, those not explicit left to the states, answerable to the people, service in Congress being a part-time endeavor..... where Federal agencies aren't empowered to essentially regulate the masses.

And I'm sure I'll get some rant about people of color being 1/5 of a person... wait for it.

We have a form of government that is superior to the one the founding fathers envisioned. One where all are treated equally, one that has established itself as the most powerful on earth, one that is the envy of the rest of the world

people are not treated equally. Here are two examples:

A person with no children pays more in taxes than one with the exact same income with children.

That is not equal treatment.

A person who has a mortgage pays less in taxes than a person with the exact same income who does not have a mortgage.

why I support a pure flat % personal income tax. No deductions no exemptions on ALL personal income.

We have a form of government that is superior to the one the founding fathers envisioned. One where all are treated equally, one that has established itself as the most powerful on earth, one that is the envy of the rest of the world

A person with no children pays more in taxes than one with the exact same income with children.

A person who has a mortgage pays less in taxes than a person with the exact same income who does not have a mortgage.

why I support a pure flat % personal income tax. No deductions no exemptions on ALL personal income.

I agree but those who tout the equality of treatment of all people argue vehemently against that very thing.

It is mentally unhealthy to hold diametrically opposed ideals but that doesn't stop the so called progressives.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be just a riot if this ends up leading to the ability of the states to nullify laws through amendment?

I actually like Bishop's repeal amendment. Its mere existence acknowledges that states cannot at present nullify federal law. Which some folks apparently don't realize.

Of course it will fail.

I agree but those who tout the equality of treatment of all people argue vehemently against that very thing.

It is mentally unhealthy to hole diametrically opposed ideals but that doesn't stop the so called progressives.

a pure flat tax is also opposed by the right, aka conservitives.
hedge fund managers do not think they should pay as high of a percentage as most working americans do.
After all they create soo many jobs....

Last edited:

It is mentally unhealthy to hole diametrically opposed ideals but that doesn't stop the so called progressives.

hedge fund managers do not think they should pay as high of a percentage as most working americans do.

But according to the left wingers on this board, repugnantcans do not want equal treatment for everyone.

It is a simple point..

You obviously believe the US Government is a tyranny

Do you believe that EVERY govt on earth is a tyranny? If not, you must be able to name one that you prefer to the US. It should not be that hard

Name the Govt. we should model ourselves after

Soft tyranny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you cant really deny it. it is obvious.

It's exactly what they want.

Soft tyranny is often cited by historians as being the driving force behind many insurrections. The most obvious area in which soft tyranny affects people occurs with their fiscal situations. Price control is typically considered to be a common feature associated with communist societies; however, it relates directly to not only rebellion, but also soft tyranny. For example, when seigneurial rights, such as land taxes and byway tolls, began to seriously irritate the French peasantry in the mid-eighteenth century, violence in the form of rioting emerged as a consequence.[4] In effect, the price of bread, which was a staple in the peasant diet, increased to the point where common peasants could not afford to purchase it on a daily basis.[5] And whenever people cannot feed themselves, havoc tends to ensue. This instance in mid-eighteenth century France exemplifies a form of soft tyranny which can quietly disrupt and eventually unravel an entire socio-economic order

Sounds like what you get when you have a relatively small number of Americans monopolizing most of the wealth while the overwhelming number of Americans struggle for jobs, homes and basic healthcare. When the government uses its considerable power to protect the rights of the wealthy while ignoring the struggle of the working man....you have tyranny

I wasn't aware I made a point like that. Really grasping at straws aren't you?

So let me get this straight....you morons are providing a false dilemma of...

"If you don't love it, go somewhere else." and that is your argument? Right? Am I getting this correct?

It is a simple point..

Do you believe that EVERY govt on earth is a tyranny? If not, you must be able to name one that you prefer to the US. It should not be that hard

Oh, I don't know.... How about the US government. Not the one obama envisions, but the one outlined in the US Constitution.

OK...good point

Which US Government should we model ourselves after?

Name the timeframe and we can discuss

Government is doing nothing for the poor.

Egs-friggin-zactly! They're doing nothing more than breeding more poor people. The government, in effect pays people to stay poor.
Government should be teaching people how to fish, not passing out flounder.

Grant money is available for training/retraining. But the opportunities aren't going to come knocking at your door; you've gotta look and do some legwork too. ("You" collectively)

Grant Money for Job Training | eHow.com

It is mentally unhealthy to hold diametrically opposed ideals but that doesn't stop the so called progressives.

It doesn't stop conservatives either. Wealth inequality plays a huge role, whether conservatives like to admit it or not.

The costs of rising economic inequality
Concentrating so much income in a relatively small number of households has also led to trillions of dollars being spent and invested in ways that were spectacularly unproductive. In recent decades, the rich have used their winnings to bid up the prices of artwork and fancy cars, the tuition at prestigious private schools and universities, the services of celebrity hairdressers and interior decorators, and real estate in fashionable enclaves from Park City to Park Avenue. And what wasn't misspent was largely misinvested in hedge funds and private equity vehicles that played a pivotal role in inflating a series of speculative financial bubbles, from the junk bond bubble of the '80s to the tech and telecom bubble of the '90s to the credit bubble of the past decade.

The biggest problem with runaway inequality, however, is that it undermines the unity of purpose necessary for any firm, or any nation, to thrive. People don't work hard, take risks and make sacrifices if they think the rewards will all flow to others. Conservative Republicans use this argument all the time in trying to justify lower tax rates for wealthy earners and investors, but they chose to ignore it when it comes to the incomes of everyone else.

But according to the left wingers on this board, repugnantcans do not want equal treatment for everyone.

The ones in power sure don't.

The ones in power sure don't.

Neither do the dimocrats

What would happen if we were all truly treated equally under the law?

Is that what you want? I see absolutely no downside.

Soft tyranny is often cited by historians as being the driving force behind many insurrections. The most obvious area in which soft tyranny affects people occurs with their fiscal situations. Price control is typically considered to be a common feature associated with communist societies; however, it relates directly to not only rebellion, but also soft tyranny. For example, when seigneurial rights, such as land taxes and byway tolls, began to seriously irritate the French peasantry in the mid-eighteenth century, violence in the form of rioting emerged as a consequence.[4] In effect, the price of bread, which was a staple in the peasant diet, increased to the point where common peasants could not afford to purchase it on a daily basis.[5] And whenever people cannot feed themselves, havoc tends to ensue. This instance in mid-eighteenth century France exemplifies a form of soft tyranny which can quietly disrupt and eventually unravel an entire socio-economic order

Sounds like what you get when you have a relatively small number of Americans monopolizing most of the wealth while the overwhelming number of Americans struggle for jobs, homes and basic healthcare. When the government uses its considerable power to protect the rights of the wealthy while ignoring the struggle of the working man....you have tyranny

"You must spread some reputation around before giving to Rightwinger again."

I just posted a question about that in EZ's repfest topic, because the last time I gave you a pos rep was 12/29/10 and the last rep given to anyone was 01/04/11.

Anyway, good post. :clap2:

It is a simple point..

Oh, I don't know.... How about the US government. Not the one obama envisions, but the one outlined in the US Constitution.

OK...good point

how about the constitution as it is written right now for starters?

"You must spread some reputation around before giving to Rightwinger again."

I just posted a question about that in EZ's repfest topic, because the last time I gave you a pos rep was 12/29/10 and the last rep given to anyone was 01/04/11.

Anyway, good post. :clap2:

clueless.

OK...good point

how about the constitution as it is written right now for starters?

Ducking again?

Name a period of time when we followed the Constitution to your liking?

I find it fascinating how the left just blindly trust government........always wondered how that sentiment manifested itself? These people really do think that the government has the best interests of the people at heart and can be trusted implicitly. Its fcuking fascinating.

I just hope these people arent in charge of anything.............:2up:

I find it fascinating how the left just blindly trust government........always wondered how that sentiment manifested itself? These people really do think that the government has the best interests of the people at heart and can be trusted implicitly. Its fcuking fascinating.

I just hope these people arent in charge of anything.............:2up:

it is interesting, i think it is some sort of a disorder to be honest.

It is a simple point..

OK...good point

A good start would be to repeal all executive level departments after the DOT was created in 1951.

Loser pays tort reform would be good too.

End all remaining New Deal and Great Society 'improvements' save Civil Rights circa the 1960's.

Our government is made up of people we vote into office. It's not some shadowy cabal of cigarette smoking trench-coat wearing men to live secretly in the shadows, "gather secret information" and "pull strings".

What's happened to the Left in this nation? In the Sixties and Seventies, not a one of them trusted the government with anything.

"Question authority."

"Tune in, turn on, drop out."

"Stick it to The Man."

"Speak truth to power."

"These colors don't run the world."

"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away."

"Our programme is cultural revolution thorugh a total assault on culture, which makes use of every tool, every energy and every media we can get our collective hands on... our culture, our art, our music, our books, our posters, our clothing, the way our hair grows long, the way we smoke dope and fuck and eat and sleep-it's all one message-the message is freedom."

"Civil disobedience. . . is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that numbers of people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of the leaders of their government and have gone to war, and millions have been killed because of this obedience. . Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, and all the while the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem."

Now? You worship government. You've turned into exactly what you used to protest against.

Congratulations, the American political Left. You are now The Man.

Forum List

Back