Herman Cains plan? 9-9-9 For those that hate it

A tax plan from a millionaire former Federal Reserve official(Cain) that transfers the tax burden from the rich to the poor.

Republicans never change...

Are any of you idiots capable of using YOU OWN BRAINS and coming up with YOU OWN OPINIONS without having them spoon fed to you?

It's laughable. The ONLY time I post links is if I'm asked for one or if its a poll. I use my brain not Google to form an opinion.

Constantly posting someone else's work, be it legit or not, makes you look very shallow.

The plan is stupid and gimmicky.

If you like it, you're probably stupid too.

I have used my own brain and my own opinion to come to this conclusion. :thup:

Last edited:

Are any of you idiots capable of using YOU OWN BRAINS and coming up with YOU OWN OPINIONS without having them spoon fed to you?

It's laughable. The ONLY time I post links is if I'm asked for one or if its a poll. I use my brain not Google to form an opinion.

Constantly posting someone else's work, be it legit or not, makes you look very shallow.

Grandpa Stinkfinger, opinions from you righties don't mean shit - and usually your so-called wingnut sources don't either.

Grandpa Stinkfinger, opinions from you righties don't mean shit - and usually your so-called wingnut sources don't either.
Must make YOUR opinions lower than whaleshit. What's yer point?

The plan is stupid and gimmicky.

If you like it, you're probably stupid too.

I have used my own brain and my own opinion to come to this conclusion. :thup:

Was I talking to you?

Nope, you just desire undue attention.

And I assure you I'm not stupid. No genius, but no idiot either.

Your asking me a clearly partisan question. I gave you a partisan response. Seems fair to me.

Or did you actually expect tax cuts from nearly a decade ago to create jobs today? :cuckoo:

Wasn't a partisan question; it was a very fair question and you, as always, took it to an "us against them" place. You went so far to state that the GOP doesn't care if its a good or bad thing for the nation; only that it is a political football. You should expect more from your party.

As for what I expected, gee, if tax cuts were such a silver bullet, how did we end up here? I mean, we had the tax cuts, there should be more money in the economy than ever--in the hands of the rich who supposedly create jobs and expand the economy. What happened? I'm your response will in no way mention funding 2 major wars while cutting taxes; will it?

no part of my response eluded to us vs them. And what do the wars have to do with our current tax debate? Moving the goalposts doesn't change the core part of our discussion. Besides did Obama raise taxes to pay for the wars? Yea, its a moot point. Were talking about the effects of taxes on jobs not the wars. Nice try though.

Didn't think you'd admit it was the seeds of financial disaster.

I'm not sure if it is part of the equation above but Wal Mart buys a shitload from American companies. It may not be in the taxable category so it may not be applicable.

But are those products "made in the USA"?

Cain hasn't decided yet if his plan lets businesses deduct computers designed in the USA with parts from California, Japan and Korea and assembled in Thailand.
s

Yes, they are made in the USA. For all of the guff Wal*Mart gets for featuring a lot of stuff made from overseas, almost all of the food in Wal*Mart (there are some exceptions) is produced in this country. Wal*Mart is the #1 grocer in the US. As I said though, I know food isn't taxed when we buy it but I don't know about the wholesale level. I doubt it.

But Wal*Mart does buy a shitload of domestically produced goods.

notionally yes. Tax cuts only spur growth when they're cuts. When they become the norm they are just "normal" and spur no growth, they just don't impede it. Thats why since Obama signed the extension of the Bush tax cuts the economy has stabalized but not been spurred. Bush's cuts in the 4 years after they were enacted helped in the creation of 8M jobs, how long would you consider a tax cut is a tax cut instead of just being the tax rate? Taxes have been the same for about 9 years now, when your tax rate is the same for nine years in a row keeping them the same is not a cut and will spur no growth.

Sounds as though you're making an argument that it is a psychological effect.
Not even close. When tax cuts first take effect they people and business' have more money than they did before they take effect, over time that additional money gets incorporated into thier normal spending habits and becomes the new norm. after 4 or 5 years the stimulative effect is gone as to stimulate the economy you have to pump something new into it and the same taxes you had last year for 5 years is nothing new. It is a matter of norming, not psychology.

So after one budget cycle, there should be no effect if taxes are cut on businesses?

Wasn't a partisan question; it was a very fair question and you, as always, took it to an "us against them" place. You went so far to state that the GOP doesn't care if its a good or bad thing for the nation; only that it is a political football. You should expect more from your party.

As for what I expected, gee, if tax cuts were such a silver bullet, how did we end up here? I mean, we had the tax cuts, there should be more money in the economy than ever--in the hands of the rich who supposedly create jobs and expand the economy. What happened? I'm your response will in no way mention funding 2 major wars while cutting taxes; will it?

no part of my response eluded to us vs them. And what do the wars have to do with our current tax debate? Moving the goalposts doesn't change the core part of our discussion. Besides did Obama raise taxes to pay for the wars? Yea, its a moot point. Were talking about the effects of taxes on jobs not the wars. Nice try though.

Didn't think you'd admit it was the seeds of financial disaster.

Why the hell would I admit that when our tax code had NOTHING to do with the housing bubble collapse that caused our downfall?

I think you got your wish list and reality mixed up.

Sounds as though you're making an argument that it is a psychological effect.
Not even close. When tax cuts first take effect they people and business' have more money than they did before they take effect, over time that additional money gets incorporated into thier normal spending habits and becomes the new norm. after 4 or 5 years the stimulative effect is gone as to stimulate the economy you have to pump something new into it and the same taxes you had last year for 5 years is nothing new. It is a matter of norming, not psychology.

So after one budget cycle, there should be no effect if taxes are cut on businesses?
who said that? Obviously if the cut is big enough it takes time for the adjustment to take root and become the new normal. Think about how long it would take to spend a million bucks if you were trying not to spend it anywhere that wouldn't return more than you spent and you'll get the idea. If the kitty's big enough and being replenished as it's spent it's gonna take a while and the stimulative effect will last longer. At some point however all the growth that can be financed by it is purchased and things settle out in a bigger pie returning to normal except the pie is bigger. At that point the cut stops having a stimulating effect because it takes more money to fill the pie. I mean if you want to have an adult conversation fine. But if what you're doing is attempting to catch me in some imagined and exagerated inconsistancy by asking stupid and leading questions then I'll pass.

Last edited:
Eh, he passed the second largest tax hike as a % of GDP since WW2.

Clinton likes to say he passed the largest tax cut as well, referring to his cuts on tariffs and trade barriers (one of the issues he came into the Presidency seeking).

Yes, they are made in the USA. For all of the guff Wal*Mart gets for featuring a lot of stuff made from overseas, almost all of the food in Wal*Mart (there are some exceptions) is produced in this country. Wal*Mart is the #1 grocer in the US. As I said though, I know food isn't taxed when we buy it but I don't know about the wholesale level. I doubt it.

But Wal*Mart does buy a shitload of domestically produced goods.

OK. I did know that Wal-Mart's food tends to be US-grown. Not every Wal-Mart has food, though, and I'm guessing as a percentage of Wal-Mart's total expenses, labor and merchandise from overseas dwarfs it. I can't be sure, though.

I don't have any problem with Wal-Mart, though. I think the issue is whether Cain's plan would increase Wal-Mart's taxes enough to cause layoffs (being that it is America's largest employer).

i like the 9-9-9 plan.

it is short, so i don't have to read much.

it is easy to understand, because i am familiar with the number 9.

and it is cool. three times the number nine! yeehaw!
This is fantastic, your support of the plan is just as complete and well thought out as the plan is!!!

Forum List

Back