Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

I like Cain and if the GOP fucks him over, I'm outta that party for good. Won't EVER be a 'crat but there are other choices.

How do you define "fuck him over"? If he loses the primaries?
There are other choices. They range from fringe to comic. None of them is a serious contender for power.

So, 34% will vote for ANY Pub. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Franco that 34% becomes 55-60% when the GOP that dont get elected support him
That 39% BHO has?
that is it

Your boy is in big trouble, you can go into denial all you want too

Look I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago and was a big supporter of Perry. This mess with the collage and illegal aliens is killing Perry, as it should
Cain has experience as a CEO, this is all the president is
Look, before you and I go any further, i am fine with Perry winning. My biggest deal with Cain is his tax reform

Good luck

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.
He favors the Fair Tax wherein INCOME TAX IS ELIMINATED! One provision in the Fair Tax proposal is that it would not be implemented until the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

There's nothing wrong with that. We could get rid of half the current employees of the IRS and use the rest to collect the tax. Nobody need know how much money anybody else makes...just tax what they spend. What could be simpler?

I don't know where you get your information from, but it is dead wrong. Cain favors continuing the personal income tax and adding a national sales tax. The 9-9-9 plan.
CURL: Cain's '9-9-9' tax plan is fairer share - Washington Times

America will never elect an honest man to the office of President.
Period.
They will however...elect one outright liar after another if the lie falls into their perspective.
Saddest part is - we know we are doing it, but do it over and over again anyway.

Amen to that. Obama came to the presidency with the least amount of knowledge or marketable experience of ANY kind that we have ever seen in the presidency. Which almost certainly counts for his continued inefficient, ineffective, irresponsible, and increasingly unpopular performance.

Somebody said LBJ was effective because he knew what asses to kick or which wheels to grease to get things done. (Or something to that effect.) LBJ did have some impressive legislative successes, but miscalculating the mood of the people had him poorly defending some of his social agenda--much of which has yielded a pathetic legacy--and also an increasingly unpopular war that he was actively escalating. He did better than Obama, but he still overstepped the boundaries for a people who do not want to be governed but who want to have their rights secured and govern themselves.

Obama recognizes no unalienable rights. He sees them all as proceding from government. LBJ failed to understand how much people will resist giving up their liberties unless you fool them better. LBJ saw the handwriting on the wall that he would not be re-elected and he refused to run for a second term.

I so wish Obama would do the same.

Last edited:
Herman Cain has zero chance of getting nominated. I appreciate many of his positions and what he has to say. But if Obama taught us anything, experience counts. And Cain has no experience.
At least his temporary success puts "PAID" to the Leftists' notion that the Tea Party is racist.
Cain has experience running companies from the President's Chair. Obama had ZERO experience when he was elected our President.

With wise choices for advisers and cabinet members, Cain could do a terrific job...infinitely better than the boyking Obama is doing.

One doesn't have to know everything or have experienced all facets of governing in order to be a good leader.

I also think he has little chance of getting there. My doubt is not based on lack of experience at being a politician. Obama had some of that, but then all one has to do to advance in politics is kiss the right asses, lie a lot and obtain the favor of rich supporters that can enable the purchase or stealing of the election. You are right...Cain has no experience.

Cain has more common sense than the entire remaining field of candidates.:eek:

The chances of Cain choosing good operators is close to zero. The chance that he could be effective as an outsider is close to zero.
But none of this will be an issue.
You have no legitimate reason to suspect he could not choose good council. That is your opinion.

If it starts to look like Cain has a real shot, then i'll send him a few bucks. He is making a push, but Romney is clearly the front runner right now.

Cain has experience running companies from the President's Chair. Obama had ZERO experience when he was elected our President.

With wise choices for advisers and cabinet members, Cain could do a terrific job...infinitely better than the boyking Obama is doing.

One doesn't have to know everything or have experienced all facets of governing in order to be a good leader.

I also think he has little chance of getting there. My doubt is not based on lack of experience at being a politician. Obama had some of that, but then all one has to do to advance in politics is kiss the right asses, lie a lot and obtain the favor of rich supporters that can enable the purchase or stealing of the election. You are right...Cain has no experience.

Cain has more common sense than the entire remaining field of candidates.:eek:

The chances of Cain choosing good operators is close to zero. The chance that he could be effective as an outsider is close to zero.
You have no legitimate reason to suspect he could not choose good council. That is your opinion.
duh.

Amen to that. Obama came to the presidency with the least amount of knowledge or marketable experience of ANY kind that we have ever seen in the presidency. Which almost certainly counts for his continued inefficient, ineffective, irresponsible, and increasingly unpopular performance.

Somebody said LBJ was effective because he knew what asses to kick or which wheels to grease to get things done. (Or something to that effect.) LBJ did have some impressive legislative successes, but miscalculating the mood of the people had him poorly defending some of his social agenda--much of which has yielded a pathetic legacy--and also an increasingly unpopular war that he was actively escalating. He did better than Obama, but he still overstepped the boundaries for a people who do not want to be governed but who want to have their rights secured and govern themselves.

Obama recognizes no unalienable rights. He sees them all as proceding from government. LBJ failed to understand how much people will resist giving up their liberties unless you fool them better. LBJ saw the handwriting on the wall that he would not be re-elected and he refused to run for a second term.

That was me.
I didnt say LBJ's policies were good or worthwhile. They weren't. They were a disaster, and continue to be until today.
But he was effective at getting his agenda passed, which was my point.

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.
He favors the Fair Tax wherein INCOME TAX IS ELIMINATED! One provision in the Fair Tax proposal is that it would not be implemented until the repeal of the 16th Amendment.

There's nothing wrong with that. We could get rid of half the current employees of the IRS and use the rest to collect the tax. Nobody need know how much money anybody else makes...just tax what they spend. What could be simpler?

I don't know where you get your information from, but it is dead wrong. Cain favors continuing the personal income tax and adding a national sales tax. The 9-9-9 plan.
Not wrong. Cain favors the Fair Tax as the ultimate goal. He knows as well as all others that THAT would be next to impossible to accomplish...it would take control and profits from tax related lawyers, accountants and others that benefit from the thousands and thousands of pages of rules regarding income tax.

He is not running on the Fair Tax, that is for sure. He has more common sense than to try that. However, what I said is true. He favors the Fair Tax.

The man has more sense than most Americans.

Not wrong. Cain favors the Fair Tax as the ultimate goal. He knows as well as all others that THAT would be next to impossible to accomplish...it would take control and profits from tax related lawyers, accountants and others that benefit from the thousands and thousands of pages of rules regarding income tax.

He is not running on the Fair Tax, that is for sure. He has more common sense than to try that. However, what I said is true. He favors the Fair Tax.

The man has more sense than most Americans.

I dont know that the fair tax is in such bad shape
I like it, but even the 9-9-9 would be allot better

That was me.
I didnt say LBJ's policies were good or worthwhile. They weren't. They were a disaster, and continue to be until today.
But he was effective at getting his agenda passed, which was my point.

LBJ had a few bright spots. The legacy isn't great but some of all of that has stood the test of time. But agreed that the 'war on poverty' has disastrous for so much of American society and we're still suffering the negative effects of putting so much land off limits for development and production. And the LBJ legacy has to shoulder a lot of those 55,000+ American servicemen who died in or because of Vietnam.

But LBJ had Mike Mansfield as Senate Majority leader and Sam Rayburn as speaker of the house. These men were intellectual and political giants compared to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. If they wanted it done, it got done.

The problem Obama has is that he doesn't have a clue about most of the stuff he pretends to support. He doesn't understand it, can't explain it, can't defend it other than to accuse or blame somebody else.

LBJ did not have that problem.

duh.
I just say you have no LEGITIMATE REASON to question his ability "choose good operators" ....to evaluate people and choose a wise and competent cabinet that would value the constitution more than the political party. I am guessing that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of his managerial skills and ability to evaluate potential staff members.

Your opinion was based on NOTHING that you know.

Duh!

I agree that Cain would not have been the successful CEO and/or manager he has been if he did not know how to evaluate people and put the right man or woman into the job. And since he isn't a total foreigner to the workings of government, I suspect he would know how to put the right people into cabinet positions, etc. I am pretty sure he would vett them much more carefully than Obama did with his appointees.

I still need to be sold on that 9% sales tax thing too. It generates a big red warnng flag in my head for now, but I could be persuaded if it is the right way to go. I will need more convincing.

Otherwise, I have few problems or questions re Cain's main points.

I agree that Cain would not have been the successful CEO and/or manager he has been if he did not know how to evaluate people and put the right man or woman into the job. And since he isn't a total foreigner to the workings of government, I suspect he would know how to put the right people into cabinet positions, etc. I am pretty sure he would vett them much more carefully than Obama did with his appointees.

I still need to be sold on that 9% sales tax thing too. It generates a big red warnng flag in my head for now, but I could be persuaded if it is the right way to go. I will need more convincing.

Otherwise, I have few problems or questions re Cain's main points.

Have you ever lived in Florida or Texas?

^^ Seconded

Forum List

Back