Herman Cain our next president? Check out this new poll

Herman Cain is the only candidate besides Paul who I'd actually support. At first his history with the Federal Reserve turned me away but it turns out his Kansas City branch is known for being contrary to the status quo workings of the Federal Reserve.

Herman Cain appears to be sincere and is definitely intelligent and principly sound. I guess the only issue is I don't know his view on the Patriot Act and the Drug War.

Herman Cain has zero chance of getting nominated. I appreciate many of his positions and what he has to say. But if Obama taught us anything, experience counts. And Cain has no experience.
At least his temporary success puts "PAID" to the Leftists' notion that the Tea Party is racist.

Look I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago and was a big supporter of Perry. This mess with the collage and illegal aliens is killing Perry, as it should
Cain has experience as a CEO, this is all the president is
Look, before you and I go any further, i am fine with Perry winning. My biggest deal with Cain is his tax reform

Good luck

Perry is the only one making sense on illegal immigration. Sad that the rightwing in the GOP is stuck on this.
The president is not a CEO. He is the foreman with a bunch of disgruntled sub-contractors. LBJ was effective as president because he knew who's ass to kiss and who's balls to kick to get what he wanted. Cain will come in with no such experience. As such he will be less effective than Obama.

As to Cain's tax reform, I am utterly against a national sales tax. First, every such VAT scheme has resulted in higher rates over time. Second, because there are exemptions businesses spend time and resources figuring out ways around the rules instead of focusing on making and selling product.
Here's one article about it:
Europe's VAT Lessons - WSJ.com
Here's another that discusses the arbitrary and capricious nature of VAT in Britain.
TaxProf Blog: WSJ: Small Bras and the VAT

Of course I would pick him over Obama. I'd pick Jesse Jackson over Obama.

Not Sure a VAt tax and 9-9-9 is the same no is it the same as a fair tax

Obama had unbelievable suport from liberals, and he ran as an outsider centrist.

Cain was a nobody, until he started winning conservatives over, with his strong conservative rhetoric, and ideas.

Cain says he stands for what we believe, candidate Obama didn't champion liberal causes, if anyone supported someone based on skin color, liberals did.

Cain winning the nomination would make so many heads on this board explode it will look like a Mythbusters Greatest Hits parade.

I think his tax policy will resonate with everybody except the entrenched classes in DC

And unlike Fred Thompson, he wont fizzle on the debate circuit.

Cain winning the nomination would make so many heads on this board explode it will look like a Mythbusters Greatest Hits parade.

I think his tax policy will resonate with everybody except the entrenched classes in DC

On this board? Hell, if he gets the nomination Liberals from coast-to-coast will be jumping out of windows ... !! LOL!!

Taking a very educated well spoke conservative who is also an African American and send him out there to de feat Obama?
heads would explode
I began liking him when he was on the Neal B radio program

Taking a very educated well spoke conservative who is also an African American and send him out there to de feat Obama?
heads would explode
I began liking him when he was on the Neal B radio program

Cain is a bright man and seems to have done pretty well in business.

Does this mean you will now give Morehouse the respect it deserves even after Cain fails to even get the nomination?

On this board? Hell, if he gets the nomination Liberals from coast-to-coast will be jumping out of windows ... !! LOL!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

we will be rejoycing.

He wont get the nomination and he wouldnt win if he did

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

we will be rejoycing.

He wont get the nomination and he wouldnt win if he did

My friend Obama is done
It is not even going to be close

I agree that Cain would not have been the successful CEO and/or manager he has been if he did not know how to evaluate people and put the right man or woman into the job. And since he isn't a total foreigner to the workings of government, I suspect he would know how to put the right people into cabinet positions, etc. I am pretty sure he would vett them much more carefully than Obama did with his appointees.

I still need to be sold on that 9% sales tax thing too. It generates a big red warnng flag in my head for now, but I could be persuaded if it is the right way to go. I will need more convincing.

Otherwise, I have few problems or questions re Cain's main points.

Have you ever lived in Florida or Texas?

Yep. Born and raised Texan--well some of it 'little Texas' right across the state line in the oil patch in New Mexico--and have lived in Texas for several years of my adult life. Some of that was during some of the more stupid of the 'blue laws' in which you couldn't sell some things on Sunday and then stores had to pick whether they would sell those things on Saturday or Sunday.

I kid you not. I think it was during Ann Richards' governorship we were visiting in the Dallas Ft Worth metro area and I needed pantyhose to go to church on Sunday. So Saturday we went to a nearby 7/11 to get a "Leggs egg" and were advised that they couldn't sell me panty hose on Saturday as Sunday was their day to sell panty hose. Had to go back early Sunday morning to get the hose. It was THAT stupid.

Or you could go to the grocery store and were charged sales tax on a package of cookies, but if you bought all the ingredients to make your own cookies (including food coloring, sprinkles, chocolate chips etc.), that was tax free.

My problem with a federal sales tax is that Mr. Foxfyre and I are now living mostly on retirement income that we have already paid the taxes on. It will be tough to pay a high federal sales tax that will in effect be double taxation on that money since we've already been taxed on it. If somebody can give me a rationale for how that would be okay, I'm willing to listen.

Forum List

Back