Zone1 Here Are The Old Testament Passages Describing The Foretold Jewish Messiah

J4J is a Christian organization.

Thank you captain obvious. Already covered.
Of course they'll argue from that PoV.
The issue has nothing to do with point of view. It has a great deal more to do with whether they are factually accurate.

I am a fan of the New York Yankees. If I report that they have been playing very well lately, that’s just a fact. Nothing to do with POV.

Thank you captain obvious. Already covered.

The issue has nothing to do with point of view. It has a great deal more to do with whether they are factually accurate.

I am a fan of the New York Yankees. If I report that they have been playing very well lately, that’s just a fact. Nothing to do with POV.
They are not accurate. None of the translations and interpretation of Isaiah purporting to be about the coming of Jesus are.

To understand, you must understand that the Prophets were not soothsayers. They were more like today's pundits. They ranted at their contemporaries to change their ways or face some consequences. And if you read Isaiah, you will see that fater/son, mother/son is a common metaphor for God's relationship with Israel.

They are not accurate. None of the translations and interpretation of Isaiah purporting to be about the coming of Jesus are.

To understand, you must understand that the Prophets were not soothsayers. They were more like today's pundits. They ranted at their contemporaries to change their ways or face some consequences. And if you read Isaiah, you will see that fater/son, mother/son is a common metaphor for God's relationship with Israel.
Sorry. But I don’t believe in soothsayers and I don’t buy your spin. Back then someone or something (perhaps just a dream) informed Isaiah that God would provide a sign and the sign would be that a young woman of marriageable age (presumably a virgin) would give birth to the Messiah. He shared it.

Joseph had a dream, too, so it said.

Sorry. But I don’t believe in soothsayers and I don’t buy your spin. Back then someone or something (perhaps just a dream) informed Isaiah that God would provide a sign and the sign would be that a young woman of marriageable age (presumably a virgin) would give birth to the Messiah. He shared it.

It's not spin. It is from reading the text in the original, and discussing with Torah scholars who also read in the original. And understanding the context.

I didn’t know “us” is Hebrew. Good to know. Oy Vey!!!
It’s so obvious that God is speaking to others. It’s plural dufus. And God and Lord God are two separate beings. One a little lower than the other. And, it wasn’t translated from Hebrew. Get over yourself.

God and Lord God are separate? Who teaches that?

Bears repeating.

Isaiah isn't writing about Jesus. He's writing about Israel... or in the case of Immanuel he's writing about Hezekiah. The gospel writers borrowed from the Old Testament to "prove" Jesus.

God and Lord God are separate? Who teaches that?
Anyone who actually has spoken directly to either one. They call them prophets and apostles. Joseph Smith was such a prophet.
So, I learn from prophets and apostles of today. Sorry so many are stuck in the past going off of so-called scholars and their limited information and understanding of things 2-6,000 years ago.

Anyone who actually has spoken directly to either one. They call them prophets and apostles. Joseph Smith was such a prophet.
So, I learn from prophets and apostles of today. Sorry so many are stuck in the past going off of so-called scholars and their limited information and understanding of things 2-6,000 years ago.

Prophets weren't fortune tellers. They were astute observers and the conscience of the community.

This will occur at the second coming of Christ

Christ will come and reign for 1000 years at is second coming

He is the king who will come and sit upon the throne of David and rule for 1000 years.

After Jesus saves the Jews at his second coming, those who survive the tribulation will then worship him.

a Millennial prophesy after his second coming.

Again this will occur during his 1000 year Millennial reign.

Another Millennial prophesy

To be alive after Christ makes his second coming will truly be glorious.

Isaiah isn't about Jesus. It's about Israel and Hezekiah.

Prophets weren't fortune tellers. They were astute observers and the conscience of the community.

Why do you lie? They spoke for God and foretold future events. Lord you need theological help.

Why do you lie? They spoke for God and foretold future events. Lord you need theological help.
No, they did not. They were more like pundits. They told the people of the possible outcome if they did not change their ways. They did not predict events hundreds of year in the future. Read the prophets. In their entirety. In the original language,

No, they did not. They were more like pundits. They told the people of the possible outcome if they did not change their ways. They did not predict events hundreds of year in the future. Read the prophets. In their entirety. In the original language,

LOL, another one. Go sit with surada in the corner.

Wrong and incomplete. Yes, they are "fortune tellers." But, you don't obviously know the definition of a fortune teller. Prophets are communicators with God, seers of the future and revelators giving new information on past, present and future.
Prophets did observe and go to the Lord with concerns. Then, the Lord spoke to them to what should be said to the people. Unfortunately, too many times the religious scholars of their time would decide how to interpret their words and reject them. Some were stoned as well. Many people simply don't like to be told that they are sinning and become violent to silence them. Same exact thing happened with Joseph Smith. And, today, even members of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reject the current prophet's words and accept the scholars and wickedness they have brought upon us.

Forum List

Back