Zone1 Here Are The Old Testament Passages Describing The Foretold Jewish Messiah

Yes, there are Old Testament prophetic scriptures that talk about the Messiah being rejected by His own people. Two that immediately come to mind, are these:

Psalm 118:22

The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.

Isaiah 53:3

He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

And there are other scriptures that talk about how the Jewish people were blinded, a spiritual blindness....but that blindness will be lifted in the end.
Blinded so much they completely missed the messianic age that Jesus brought forth :lol:

Why will it change?

Because there's a scripture that specifically says that the Jewish people will have their eyes opened and be sorrowful when they realize what they had done (reject their Messiah) but they will be saved. I can't think of the chapter verse off the top of my head, but I can post it later. I was just about to do something else now.

Yes, there are Old Testament prophetic scriptures that talk about the Messiah being rejected by His own people. Two that immediately come to mind, are these:

Psalm 118:22

The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.

Isaiah 53:3

He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

And there are other scriptures that talk about how the Jewish people were blinded, a spiritual blindness....but that blindness will be lifted in the end.

In Isaiah 53 he's talking about Israel not Jesus.

Most of Psalms is from Syrian Canaanites and predates Judaism.

Because there's a scripture that specifically says that the Jewish people will have their eyes opened and be sorrowful when they realize what they had done (reject their Messiah) but they will be saved. I can't think of the chapter verse off the top of my head, but I can post it later. I was just about to do something else now.

oh .... howabout, maybe a few - about the same no, as the phony christians and their c-bible.

- the heaves do have maitanence issues and floors to sweep.

I’m not so sure.

I just found one (with the help of a search engine).

Isaiah 7:14, “ Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

Now, I am wondering what other signs and prophecies were foretold that fit with Jesus being the Messiah. (Whether Mary was a virgin or not is beside the point of my question. I’m not trying to dispute anyone’s religious beliefs. I’m actually just curious.)

I’m not so sure.

Isaiah 7:14, “ Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

Now, I am wondering what other signs and prophecies were foretold that fit with Jesus being the Messiah. (Whether Mary was a virgin or not is beside the point of my question. I’m not trying to dispute anyone’s religious beliefs. I’m actually just curious.)

Isaiah is writing about Hezekiah in chapter 7.

So. Are you saying Isaiah wasn't a prophet?

He was a "prophet" in the sense that he had "divine inspiration" (so they say)---but not
a crystal ball

I’m not so sure.

nope-----the word is ALMANAH ----which means YOUNG WOMAN---not virgin
Virgin is BETULAH -----the christian translators were thinking of the vestal "virgins"

as for the meaning of “virgin” I did some more (very basic) search engine looking around. I found this:

It disputes that one word means virgin while the other (almah) means only young woman of marriageable age.

Some may think this line of reasoning destroys the case for a virgin birth. But it does not. If we translate almah as a “young woman of marriageable age,” in the culture of Isaiah’s time, it was assumed that she would be a virgin!

It also delves a bit into the meaning of “belulah.”

Bottom line appears to be (as is often the case with translations of ancient languages) that nuances and cultural understandings can lead to mis-translations. Alternatively, the translations might be pretty solid and later criticism of the translations might be misguided.

I have a long time friend who is Jewish. He once asked me if I knew the other name for the group called “Jews for Jesus.” I didn’t. He informed me: “Christians.”

He has a point.

Forum List

Back