Help this girl become a superstar

awesome voice but I'm thinking dirty thoughts.
That's how most females achieve celebrities status ... a kick-start based upon attributes other than talent.
Well let's analyze this.

She has NO TITS
She showed no ass
Her chin could poke out your eye
She wore very little make up
She had pj's on ffs

So what attributes was she relying on if not her voice?
ALL OF THE ABOVE. That's exactly the way I likes 'em! But the point (the one you missed) is that Slyhunter is aroused by her and that's proof enough that she possesses attributes beyond a good voice.

BY THE WAY .... It ought to be obvious to anyone that this video is synced, and ..... almost certainly a "voice-over". In other words, it's fake.
Or you could listen to her other videos on her channel going back about 5 years and realize the talent is CLEARLY AUTHENTIC
Well, that say's it all - if she's been at it for 5 years and still not managed a recording contract.
Because 6 or 7 videos always leads to a record deal right? Especially for teenage girls too eh?

Christ, the stupid is thick tonight. I'm out, troll away losers

I just wanted to share something positive and here you come to shit all over the umbrella.
I understand that but what you think of as "positive" cannot be dictated to everyone else. It doesn't work that way.

It was a metaphor ffs.
I understand that too. But you want our approval of her and you are not getting it so your quest has come down to "us" approving of your taste in music and you're not getting that either. If you wouldn't take it so personally then you wouldn't feel the sting. No hard feelings, my friend, but this what's-her-name probably isn't as good as you think she is.

You must be a hit at parties
I used to be but I started to feel like a prostitute - smiling and laughing on queue and I had to rush home and immediately take a shower.

I just wanted to share something positive and here you come to shit all over the umbrella.
I understand that but what you think of as "positive" cannot be dictated to everyone else. It doesn't work that way.

It was a metaphor ffs.
I understand that too. But you want our approval of her and you are not getting it so your quest has come down to "us" approving of your taste in music and you're not getting that either. If you wouldn't take it so personally then you wouldn't feel the sting. No hard feelings, my friend, but this what's-her-name probably isn't as good as you think she is.

I used to be but I started to feel like a prostitute - smiling and laughing on queue and I had to rush home and immediately take a shower.
You are clearly clueless. I get drunk and post music videos all the time that are roundly hated and mocked by most on here. My music tastes are not defined by the likes of others.

THIS THREADS PURPOSE was only to give exposure to a young lady who is clearly talented and deserves the publicity.
Every thread does not need to be about the individual or the so called expertise of those who participate in it.

Get over yourself

It was a metaphor ffs.

You are clearly clueless. I get drunk and post music videos all the time that are roundly hated and mocked by most on here. My music tastes are not defined by the likes of others.

THIS THREADS PURPOSE was only to give exposure to a young lady who is clearly talented and deserves the publicity.
Every thread does not need to be about the individual or the so called expertise of those who participate in it.

Get over yourself

Well no it wasn't - you asked us to help make (don't think you mentioned her name) the girl a superstar.
7 videos in 5 years is not a great bank of work especially if they are all karaoke covers.

You will need to show the other vids. Then we may reach the same conclusion as you.

My advice is she should find a decent band and start performing live while writing her own material.

You can't make someone a superstar without them being a superstar.

You are clearly clueless. I get drunk and post music videos all the time ..
I am clueless on a number of subjects (not this one) but I am never drunk. Not since my divorce in 1973, anyway.
My music tastes are not defined by the likes of others.
I have no doubt of it. It is the appraisal by others of your music tastes that does (however) have a profound effect on your self-confidence. I’ve been trying to convince you (in very friendly terms) that you shouldn’t turn it into a personal confrontation but you’re not getting the message. I speak five languages: perhaps if I use one of the other ones you'll understand me better?
You should realize by now, my friend, that your use of “clearly” and “deserves” are misplaced. She isn’t nearly as good as you think she is.
That is what I am trying to tell you. “We” are discussing the girl’s talent … you are attacking us for our opinion of her.
Get over yourself
It is you who’s frothing at the mouth … not I.

That's how most females achieve celebrities status ... a kick-start based upon attributes other than talent.
Well let's analyze this.

She has NO TITS
She showed no ass
She had pj's on ffs

ALL OF THE ABOVE. That's exactly the way I likes 'em! But the point (the one you missed) is that Slyhunter is aroused by her and that's proof enough that she possesses attributes beyond a good voice.

BY THE WAY .... It ought to be obvious to anyone that this video is synced, and ..... almost certainly a "voice-over". In other words, it's fake.

Yeah, you couldn't move around that much and not go off-axis.

Never been to a live concert im guessing?

Actually I run sound for live concerts, and I've heard singers go off axis all the time.

There's nothing wrong with it --- what we have here looks better and livelier than the original recording would have. It's for the visual spirit.

Some people have natural talent. Some people are Mili Vanilli.

She's seems pretty legit to me.

It's kinda like Phil Collins or Judas Priest. They sound amazing on lp and just as good live despite their crazy stage antics

Again, it's not a criticism or a claim that she's fake. It's simply observation that what we see here is not technically what we hear here. That is, it's not live. Probably. We have no evidence that it's not her voice, although that would be easy to do.

Sarah Cooper for example

There's no reason to believe it's somebody else's voice, but in the video when she turns her head away from dead-on in front of the mic (so that she's to the side of it), the mic would still pick it up but we'd hear the difference in the level and the phasing. So what she'd do is record the soundtrack first off camera, where she'd be much less physically animated out of necessity. It would be less visually enticing because she'd have to concentrate on not only the singing but restricted physical posture.

When that's done you play it back and synch the mouth movements. It's not at all uncommon in music videos, even ones that are dressed up to look like a recording. It's not even a big deal, just a fun fact.

Ok but it's Karaoke.
There are some great session backing singers who will never be stars as they come 10 a penny.
The fastest way to stardom is by performing a self-written heart-felt chart stormer that everybody can relate to and because all their songs will be unique they have a much better chance of staying at the top.
Think Amy Whinehouse, Jody Mitchel.
A great voice and unique vocal technique are also required.
Who is Jody Mitchell?

Do you mean JONI Mitchell, by any chance?
Yea her as well as! - American names confuse!

Actually she's Canadian. But then that's as trifilingly unimportant a distinction as "this video is lip synched".

Well let's analyze this.

She has NO TITS
She showed no ass
She had pj's on ffs

Yeah, you couldn't move around that much and not go off-axis.

Never been to a live concert im guessing?

I've been to live concerts. What is your point? Are you trying to say that the quality of a live concert is equal to that of a studio recording? Give me a break. And by the way, voice-overs have been used even at live concerts. Here is one example of many:

That wasn't voice over lol. That was straight lip syncing lol.

Just shut up

A voiceover is a narration, like in a film documentary, so that's not even involved here. And there's no indication she's using a teleprompter, which would be both expensive and pointless, so both of those are irrelevant here.

Just shut up
Then I guess you don't really want me to "Help this girl become a superstar". Sigh. Unapproved. :banned:
It was a metaphor ffs.

I just wanted to share something positive and here you come to shit all over the umbrella. You must be a hit at parties

I agree with you GMU. When he says the video is probably lip-synched, he's right, but if he's saying it detracts from the quality or somehow delegitimizes it, he's wrong. It's simply a description of how the sausage is made, interesting as background but not important to the end product. What I see is supposed to be technically a performance, not a recording.

Last edited:
Well let's analyze this.

She has NO TITS
She showed no ass
She had pj's on ffs

Or you could listen to her other videos on her channel going back about 5 years and realize the talent is CLEARLY AUTHENTIC
Well, that say's it all - if she's been at it for 5 years and still not managed a recording contract.

This seems to imply that "recording contract" is the goal, which is a dicey assumption. The prime directive is that she's entertaining and impressing people with a talent she has. Everything after that is just gravy.

Besides which, recording contracts sometimes fuck things up royally. Because then you're "owned".

Yeah grampa we seen it before, she doesn't haven't crispy voice.
I would argue she is as good or better than Stevie Nicks
Nicks wrote the song and many other hits. Your comparing a young karaoke singer to a songwriter singer who has produced and sold millions and millions of recordings over a period of decades.

Here again "Singer X has 'sold millions' is irrelevant to talent. That's ALL marketing. Some of the most amazing talent I've ever seen or heard, and I'm sure you have too, has never "sold millions". That's a commodity-fetish mentality, sold by the same recording industry that stands to enrich itself from the exploitation thereof.

Bottom line "Artist X has a recording contract" or "Artist Y has sold N number of records" are not measures of talent. They're a measure of a recording company's profit margin.

Last edited:
Ok but it's Karaoke.
There are some great session backing singers who will never be stars as they come 10 a penny.
The fastest way to stardom is by performing a self-written heart-felt chart stormer that everybody can relate to and because all their songs will be unique they have a much better chance of staying at the top.
Who is Jody Mitchell?

Actually she's Canadian. But then that's as trifilingly unimportant a distinction as "this video is lip synched".
I never claimed the video is "lip synched". I take it for granted that she has recorded a live karaoke performance cos if she hasn't she's got no chance of winning a local live talent contest let alone becoming a superstar.

Ok but it's Karaoke.
Who is Jody Mitchell?

I never claimed the video is "lip synched". I take it for granted that she has recorded a live karaoke performance cos if she hasn't she's got no chance of winning a local live talent contest let alone becoming a superstar.

I didn't say you claimed that. That was Glasnost. And he's probably right for what it's worth, which is not much.

She was just doing that stupid Cranberry TicToc bullshit but she stood out from the rest.

Give her a listen so her views go up and just maybe a record executive takes notice. Such a beautiful voice and an innocent aurora.

She’s lip syncing.

Forum List

Back