Help! I might have to buy a car...

I am so glad I got this particular vehicle, with AWD! And I am sooo glad I decided to put studded tires on it for the winter!

Yesterday, in the morning we had freezing rain. And I mean FREEZING rain. As soon as it hit a surface it was freezing so the roads were getting extremely slick. I drove to work with no problems, although I did have to go around a wreck on the route I usually take, and I was very tense the entire time because I had to exercise great caution.

Then during the day the freezing rain turned to snow. So this meant we had a nice sheet of ice with light fluffy snow on top. Extremely slippery and extremely deceptive because when you see that snow you think you'll have better traction than you would if there wasn't that sheet of ice underneath!

On my drive home, the road I usually take was shut down and I had to take a detour. There had been too many accidents and they closed the road down for the safety of the first responders who were dealing with the situation. So what is usually a 15 minute trip home took 30 minutes. 30 minutes of gripping the steering wheel very tightly and chanting, "Oh, thank God I decided to get studs! Oh, thank God I decided to get studs!"

Yep, I have not had a single moment of buyer's remorse about the vehicle I chose!
It's a nice car. Congratulations. You did good!

From what you report here, it looks like you got a good car and a good deal.

Best of luck with it!

Forum List

Back