Zone1 Hello folks

That's probably the first time you've ever been greeted by a feller wearing a ski mask, huh.

Oh, it'll be a hell of a time around here, lemme tell ya. Heh heeeee.......
A ski mask?? I thought it to be a genuine part of his body - oh and yeah I am sure there is a hell of a time to be had on this forum:wink_2:
Thanks for your welcome, too

I am a German national working and living in Asia for the past 20 years.
Before that I served 20 years in the Bundeswehr - Luftwaffe and Heer

Welcome! I always wanted to be in the Luftwaffe, they have some pretty cool aircraft.

1200px-Messerschmitt_Me_262A_at_the_National_Museum_of_the_USAF.jpg

Hi JGalt, thanks for your welcome post

Personally I love the Me 262 - but according to my father (flew for the Luftwaffe from 1937 - 1945 and then again for the "new" Luftwaffe, it was aircraft such as these that helped enormously to speed Hitler Germany's decline and to get the Luftwaffe decimated, resulting in a huge loss of lives in pilots.

Hi JGalt, thanks for your welcome post

Personally I love the Me 262 - but according to my father (flew for the Luftwaffe from 1937 - 1945 and then again for the "new" Luftwaffe, it was aircraft such as these that helped enormously to speed Hitler Germany's decline and to get the Luftwaffe decimated, resulting in a huge loss of lives in pilots.

Yeah, those things were death-traps from what I've heard. What ruled the skies were the Messerschmidt Bf 109s, at least until we developed our P-51 Mustang.

I have to say one thing: The Germans were way ahead of everyone else as far as weapons development. That war could have easily gone either way, if Hitler hadn't engaged Germany in a two-front war.

Yeah, those things were death-traps from what I've heard. What ruled the skies were the Messerschmidt Bf 109s, at least until we developed our P-51 Mustang.

I have to say one thing: The Germans were way ahead of everyone else as far as weapons development. That war could have easily gone either way, if Hitler hadn't engaged Germany in a two-front war.
Maybe that is a huge topic for a separate thread - however if you allow me to answer in short:
Hitler Germany lacked in all essential requirements - war-industry, alloys and fuels, manpower aka "trained" manpower and last not least in a capable leadership.
By the time the e.g. Me 262 arrived it was of a very poor quality and material and pilots in vast majority had less then 8 flight hours of advanced flight training

Welcome to USMB, Kruska. Hope you enjoy the boards. Germany is such a beautiful and industrial land, and we visited I loved the intricate woodworks I saw everywhere--like a masterpiece in wood everywhere you went. That takes steady hands and a very intelligent brain to create such beauty. And the German cuisine is as good as it gets anywhere on earth. You must have missed the place if you were gone 20 years. The Pfaff sewing machine people treated us to 2 different trips there for our sales. It wasn't hard for me, because as a very young woman, I sewed in a factory, and the Pfaffs are all the company would buy for their world class Catalina clothing and swimwear lines in Fullerton, California. :thup:

Last edited:
Welcome. Germans built the the USA more than anyone else.

Welcome to USMB, Kruska. Hope you enjoy the boards. Germany is such a beautiful and industrial land, and we visited I loved the intricate woodworks I saw everywhere--like a masterpiece in wood everywhere you went. That takes steady hands and a very intelligent brain to create such beauty. And the German cuisine is as good as it gets anywhere on earth. You must have missed the place if you were gone 20 years. The Pfaff sewing machine people treated us to 2 different trips there for our sales. It wasn't hard for me, because as a very young woman, I sewed in a factory, and the Pfaffs are all the company would buy for their world class Catalina clothing and swimwear lines in Fullerton, California. :thup:
Hi beautress,
thanks for the kind welcome and the lovely comments about Germany
Yes it's a beautiful country and so is certainly the USA - I have been to many US states during my Bundeswehr times - and yes even Oklahoma has it's charms:)
The problem that more or less all countries face increasingly since the past 30 years, are those useless politicians that only show up when it comes to making our
lives miserable. Therefore I do feel happy if not to say privileged to live in Asia for the past 20 years.
See you around

Welcome. Germans built the the USA more than anyone else.
Hi AMart,
thanks for the welcome
Yes loads of people with German ancestry living in the USA - especially in places like Colorado
Wonder what world history would look like if (for that one missing vote) German would have been selected as the USA's official language.

Forum List

Back