Hello all

welcome mr hillbilly.... now that the formal greetings have been made...

2105199_1.jpg

hope we cross paths very soon. :71:

Not nice. Not nice at all.

It's OK POGO. Some people just assume things. I retired here in 2010, have a small farm now. I'm actually a born and raised Yankee.

Looking forward to it Playtime.

mmmm - interesting, i'm a ct yankee & call my neighbor a hillbilly for a reason. i did read your posts b4 i posted here, so 'assumption' isn't quite accurate. it might just be a hoot seeing you around.

Funny, CT is where I was born and raised. Born Groton sub base, raised Waterford. In your case assumption is not accurate, sorry, but for many sadly it is.

born in waterbury lived there for 36 yrs, now i live east of the river.

It's OK POGO. Some people just assume things. I retired here in 2010, have a small farm now. I'm actually a born and raised Yankee.

Excellent --- yeah I know what y'all farm in Kentucky now that tobacco's declined. :420:

I know where you're headed and many do! Yes tobacco is declined for sure. More soybeans now and some going to hemp. I have 13 acres and have looked into hemp, it's pretty heavily regulated.

Funny story, I lived in central Maine 10 years, this ex mob guy (yup got out and lived) grew between his corn rows. It got taller than the corn. Then he cut it, square baled it and had it on a truck. Someone told him he better cover it. He said "nah, that just attracts attention and in the open doesn't"

2105199_1.jpg

mmmm - interesting, i'm a ct yankee & call my neighbor a hillbilly for a reason. i did read your posts b4 i posted here, so 'assumption' isn't quite accurate. it might just be a hoot seeing you around.

Funny, CT is where I was born and raised. Born Groton sub base, raised Waterford. In your case assumption is not accurate, sorry, but for many sadly it is.

Drove truck all over that state, pretty familiar with it all! East the CT river?

Excellent --- yeah I know what y'all farm in Kentucky now that tobacco's declined. :420:

I know where you're headed and many do! Yes tobacco is declined for sure. More soybeans now and some going to hemp. I have 13 acres and have looked into hemp, it's pretty heavily regulated.

Funny story, I lived in central Maine 10 years, this ex mob guy (yup got out and lived) grew between his corn rows. It got taller than the corn. Then he cut it, square baled it and had it on a truck. Someone told him he better cover it. He said "nah, that just attracts attention and in the open doesn't"

It also blocks the sunlight, and that's crucial.

Uh, so I hear

Drove truck all over that state, pretty familiar with it all! East the CT river?

yep.

:welcome: Neighbor... I can call you that cause I am from the Great State of Indiana... Back in the mid 90's thought I was going to have to take up residence in South Central KY. Parents were snowbirds on the gulf coast in Ms. Had taken kids down to see grandparents right before Christmas and for some crazy reason I decided to head to Nashville instead of Memphis... Spent the night just north of Nashville and it was raining and the farther North I got, well you know what happened it turned to ICE... Word on the CB was Ky. had great Snow and Ice removal equipment but the damn mule had died... :ack-1: I was familiar enough with the road to know about the hill just north of Elizabethtown... Road ( I-65 ) just kept getting worse and worse... Under other circumstances I would have probably kept right on trucking, but my wife had to have a Ford Aerostar Mini Van and it was like a cow on ice... We spent the night in Elizabethtown playing Nintendo and eating pizza... Life was good...

C-Ya round neighbor...

Welcome, Shawnee! You are a funny guy. Liked your story about the Mob guy! We'll get a long fine.

Thanks Jackson. Yes he was legend up there. He did have to do a few "favors" for the mob occasionally. They could never prove anything but there were odd happenings such as "persons" wanted a restaurant burned down. So someone did, only the wrong one. So next night they went and did the right one! Not kidding. Got more stories, always got stories. :)

Yup, had all my shots. Been around the forums world and back. Thanks for the reminder I will go read them now.

Ignore WillHaftawaite. I've been here for years, and have never read the Rules and Guidelines.

Welcome though.

Thanks Arron. Actually I did kinda speed read them. Pretty standard rules, just common sense and courteousness. I am always courteous until personally attacked as one found out already. Thought my avatar was actually me, poor sheltered soul didn't recognize Popcorn Sutton, famous moonshiner, and that I was an "old fart sucking off medicare" and on and on. How does one suck off medicare anyway?!

:welcome: Neighbor... I can call you that cause I am from the Great State of Indiana... Back in the mid 90's thought I was going to have to take up residence in South Central KY. Parents were snowbirds on the gulf coast in Ms. Had taken kids down to see grandparents right before Christmas and for some crazy reason I decided to head to Nashville instead of Memphis... Spent the night just north of Nashville and it was raining and the farther North I got, well you know what happened it turned to ICE... Word on the CB was Ky. had great Snow and Ice removal equipment but the damn mule had died... :ack-1: I was familiar enough with the road to know about the hill just north of Elizabethtown... Road ( I-65 ) just kept getting worse and worse... Under other circumstances I would have probably kept right on trucking, but my wife had to have a Ford Aerostar Mini Van and it was like a cow on ice... We spent the night in Elizabethtown playing Nintendo and eating pizza... Life was good...

C-Ya round neighbor...

Yep, we be neighbors! I did 10 years in Maine, lots snow but not so bad ice. Yes ICE HERE is miserable. They still haven't replaced the mule. E town is fine, spend some of my time in Bowling Green, Corvette museum mostly since I have a 2003 anniversary model Z06 :) Besides my trusty F350 farm truck which is becoming more rusty but still trusty.

Forum List

Back