Heart disease and cancer kill 2 million Americans yearly

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Heart disease and cancer kill millions of Americans yearly. They're the single biggest drivers of healthcare cost in this country by far. Yet, all we hear is isis this and isis throughout the debates. lol You want to make life better for Americans? Well,

America by curing cancer or repairing the damage of the heart would save hundreds of billions of dollars yearly. Not only that, but also end a hell of a lot of pain, suffering and sadness that comes a long with it!!!!

I believe that America should declare war on these diseases and spend what ever it takes until they're no longer first or second biggest killers. If you give a damn about fixing our healthcare system...Well, this is a serious issue.

Why not??? I can't think of a better use of a few hundred billion dollars then helping save millions of Americans and saving trillions in the long run. It would end up saving us a hell of a lot of debt and take away a lot of pain from grieving people.

The far left says the planet is over populated, you need these cancers to help thin the herd..

Yes it would be great if there was a cure for every cancer out there, but there would be even more people on the planet..

So do you want more people on the planet causing AGW or do you want to have these diseases to help thin the herd?

If you understand the mechanism of action of the several forms of cancer and heart disease, you understand that "declaring war" and throwing money at either are empty posturings.

First understand the science behind them.

• Banned
If you understand the mechanism of action of the several forms of cancer and heart disease, you understand that "declaring war" and throwing money at either are empty posturings.

First understand the science behind them.

You're a joke. You're the one that needs to learn some science as there's tons of research proving effective in many cancers and even some advances in healing the heart tissues. You're telling me what??? I track these diseases in my health thread in the science forum and I do know a great deal about the advances that we're seeing.

I'll admit that each new cancer will need its own cure, but just to say that it is a waste? lol.

Heart disease and cancer kill millions of Americans yearly. They're the single biggest drivers of healthcare cost in this country by far. Yet, all we hear is isis this and isis throughout the debates. lol You want to make life better for Americans? Well,

America by curing cancer or repairing the damage of the heart would save hundreds of billions of dollars yearly. Not only that, but also end a hell of a lot of pain, suffering and sadness that comes a long with it!!!!

I believe that America should declare war on these diseases and spend what ever it takes until they're no longer first or second biggest killers. If you give a damn about fixing our healthcare system...Well, this is a serious issue.

Why not??? I can't think of a better use of a few hundred billion dollars then helping save millions of Americans and saving trillions in the long run. It would end up saving us a hell of a lot of debt and take away a lot of pain from grieving people.
Wait, I thought guns did that?

The cure for cancer is more spending on infrastructure by government.

Obama's cancer moon shot...

Researchers Optimistic About Future of Cancer Treatment
January 13, 2016 — In his State of the Union address Tuesday, President Barack Obama introduced a new initiative to boost research toward finding a cure for cancer. That announcement comes at the dawn of a new era in cancer research.
At Johns Hopkins University, for example, scientists at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Research Center are making breakthroughs in the field. "I think some of the treatments that we have developed over the last half century or so are really starting to pay off and, honestly, [it] seems limitless as to what may pay off in the future," said Dr. William Nelson, the center’s director.

Many of today's successes are due to decades-long advancements in the field of genetics that have offered a new understanding of the biology and pathology of the disease. "We understand the genome so much better now,” said Dr. Elizabeth Platz of the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Research Center. “So there are discoveries constantly about which points in our genetic makeup are related to risks in certain cancers."

This knowledge is giving doctors the tools to fine-tune treatments and individualize medical protocols. "It's really been in the last decade or so that we've been able to use technologies to ask, ‘What are all the defective genes in any individual's cancer,’ and can we use that information to plot a treatment likely to be effective for that person. And every day that's more and more possible," Nelson said.

Despite the optimism, many of these new therapies are in the experimental stage, or applied in specialized clinics in developed countries. For much of the developing world, these advancements are still out of reach, and cancer remains a daunting public health challenge. The World Health Organization says Africa, Asia, and Central and South America account for 70 percent of the world's cancer deaths. But the tide is turning, and researchers hope one day there will be cures for all cancers in all patients.

Researchers Optimistic About Future of Cancer Treatment

Forum List

Back