Headmaster of NYC school that punished outspoken teacher admits to ‘demonizing white people’

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
When I read this letter yesterday, hopes for the future of America, soared! And when I was told that Tucker Carlson featured it on his show, I hoped lots of people saw it and .....well.....here it is.

1.In this thread is a letter to the woke administration of a posh NYC private school. The man is what we used to call a Liberal…..but not one of the Fascists batch who are actually Democrats/Fascists/Progressives, and in charge of the party.

2. “…a letter written by Andrew Gutman, explaining why he pulled his daughter out of Brearley School. Gutman sent the letter to nearly 600 families whose children are enrolled in the private school.
Brearley is an all-girls school on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. It takes $54,000 a year to attend along with a bogus “anti-racism pledge,” per Weiss.
You can accurately guess from the pledge that the school isn’t about ending racism, but demanding its students develop a narrow, only see people by their skin color mindset.”

3. “Dear Fellow Brearley Parents,

Our family recently made the decision not to reenroll our daughter at Brearley for the 2021-22 school year. She has been at Brearley for seven years, beginning in kindergarten. In short, we no longer believe that Brearley’s administration and Board of Trustees have any of our children’s best interests at heart. Moreover, we no longer have confidence that our daughter will receive the quality of education necessary to further her development into a critically thinking, responsible, enlightened, and civic minded adult. I write to you, as a fellow parent, to share our reasons for leaving the Brearley community but also to urge you to act before the damage to the school, to its community, and to your own child's education is irreparable.

It cannot be stated strongly enough that Brearley’s obsession with race must stop. It should be abundantly clear to any thinking parent that Brearley has completely lost its way. The administration and the Board of Trustees have displayed a cowardly and appalling lack of leadership by appeasing an anti-intellectual, illiberal mob, and then allowing the school to be captured by that same mob. What follows are my own personal views on Brearley's antiracism initiatives, but these are just a handful of the criticisms that I know other parents have expressed.” You Have to Read This Letter

This is just the beginning.

Yeah, I've seen this a couple different places. Dennis Prager started reading it on his radio program yesterday (I tuned out before he got around to finishing it). Great letter.

The question is: Where do parents go when they conclude that they don't want to pay for this indoctrination of their children? I suspect that a large plurality of similar schools are similarly deranged. I believe that parochial schools are less likely to be this "woke," but I could be wrong. It's a long time since I went there.

Imagine this: If a school wished to form a national or regional organization of schools that pledges not to be so corrupted, how long would it take for the Media to brand them as "Fascist," and names of a similar meaning?

Yeah, I've seen this a couple different places. Dennis Prager started reading it on his radio program yesterday (I tuned out before he got around to finishing it). Great letter.

The question is: Where do parents go when they conclude that they don't want to pay for this indoctrination of their children? I suspect that a large plurality of similar schools are similarly deranged. I believe that parochial schools are less likely to be this "woke," but I could be wrong. It's a long time since I went there.

Imagine this: If a school wished to form a national or regional organization of schools that pledges not to be so corrupted, how long would it take for the Media to brand them as "Fascist," and names of a similar meaning?

I couldn't agree more.

You'll get your application for our Pessimist Club in the mail.

In full disclosure, we're a home school family.

4. “I object to the view that I should be judged by the color of my skin. I cannot tolerate a school that not only judges my daughter by the color of her skin, but encourages and instructs her to prejudge others by theirs. By viewing every element of education, every aspect of history, and every facet of society through the lens of skin color and race, we are desecrating the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and utterly violating the movement for which such civil rights leaders believed, fought, and died.

I object to the charge of systemic racism in this country, and at our school. Systemic racism, properly understood, is segregated schools and separate lunch counters. It is the interning of Japanese and the exterminating of Jews. Systemic racism is unequivocally not a small number of isolated incidences over a period of decades.”

It is becoming more evident to people:

There are only three things important to the Democrat program, agenda.....Race, Class, and Gender.
Not liberty, not religious freedom, not prosperity, not individuality, not tranquility......not education.
Race, Class, and Gender.

An excellent response to the woke indoctrination going on at all levels of our schools:

5. “We have not had systemic racism against Blacks in this country since the civil rights reforms of the 1960s, a period of more than 50 years. To state otherwise is a flat-out misrepresentation of our country's history and adds no understanding to any of today's societal issues. If anything, longstanding and widespread policies such as affirmative action, point in precisely the opposite direction.

I object to a definition of systemic racism, apparently supported by Brearley, that any educational, professional, or societal outcome where Blacks are underrepresented is prima facie evidence of the aforementioned systemic racism, or of white supremacy and oppression. Facile and unsupported beliefs such as these are the polar opposite to the intellectual and scientific truth for which Brearley claims to stand. Furthermore, I call bullshit on Brearley's oft-stated assertion that the school welcomes and encourages the truly difficult and uncomfortable conversations regarding race and the roots of racial discrepancies.” You Have to Read This Letter

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."
Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea

Actual Liberals would write a letter like this.......Fascists would simply continue to goose-step with the wokesters.

6. “I object to the idea that Blacks are unable to succeed in this country without aid from government or from whites. Brearley, by adopting critical race theory, is advocating the abhorrent viewpoint that Blacks should forever be regarded as helpless victims, and are incapable of success regardless of their skills, talents, or hard work. What Brearley is teaching our children is precisely the true and correct definition of racism.

I object to mandatory anti-racism training for parents, especially when presented by the rent-seeking charlatans of Pollyanna. These sessions, in both their content and delivery, are so sophomoric and simplistic, so unsophisticated and inane, that I would be embarrassed if they were taught to Brearley kindergarteners. They are an insult to parents and unbecoming of any educational institution, let alone one of Brearley's caliber.”
You Have to Read This Letter

7. That parent indoctrination is what we have seen taking place at the Pentagon, as well.

“Pentagon training promotes left-wing racism In the name of fighting extremism and racism, President Joe Biden’s Department of Defense is promoting racial extremism. On this initiative, the Pentagon should stand down.

In February, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin ordered that “every service member” should participate in a “stand-down” (a training session)…”
Pentagon training promotes left-wing racism

The letter writer.....a real American.

8. “l object to Brearley’s advocacy for groups and movements such as Black Lives Matter, a Marxist, anti family, heterophobic, anti-Asian and anti-Semitic organization that neither speaks for the majority of the Black community in this country, nor in any way, shape or form, represents their best interests.

I object to the gutting of the history, civics, and classical literature curriculums. I object to the censorship of books that have been taught for generations because they contain dated language potentially offensive to the thin-skinned and hypersensitive (something that has already happened in my daughter's 4th grade class). I object to the lowering of standards for the admission of students and for the hiring of teachers. I object to the erosion of rigor in classwork and the escalation of grade inflation. Any parent with eyes open can foresee these inevitabilities should antiracism initiatives be allowed to persist.

Our nation will not survive a generation of leadership even more poorly educated than we have now, nor will we survive a generation of students taught to hate its own country and despise its history. ”
Op. Cit.

If only it would come to pass.

1618945762273.png

This is happening to our children throughout the nation…

“Private School Head Admits ‘Anti-racist’ Curriculum Is ‘Demonizing White People for Being Born’

The head of a New York City private school that has been accused of indoctrinating students with progressive politics and “anti-racist” orthodoxy privately acknowledged that the school is guilty of “demonizing white people for being born,” according to audio from a conversation he had with a whistleblower teacher.

George Davison, the head of Grace Church School in Manhattan, told embattled teacher Paul Rossi in a March 2 recorded conversation that the school uses language that makes white students “feel less than, for nothing that they are personally responsible for.” He also said that “one of the things that’s going on a little too much” is the “attempt to link anybody who’s white to the perpetuation of white supremacy,” according to the recordings posted online.”

Private School Head Admits ‘Anti-racist’ Curriculum Is ‘Demonizing White People for Being Born’ | National Review

If you vote Democrat, this is what you have endorsed and support.

9. “…I object, with as strong a sentiment as possible, that Brearley has begun to teach what to think, instead of how to think. I object that the school is now fostering an environment where our daughters, and our daughters’ teachers, are afraid to speak their minds in class for fear of “consequences.” I object that Brearley is trying to usurp the role of parents in teaching morality, and bullying parents to adopt that false morality at home.

… I have personally spoken to many Brearley parents as well as parents of children at peer institutions. It is abundantly clear that the majority of parents believe that Brearley’s antiracism policies are misguided, divisive, counterproductive and cancerous…. given the insidious cancel culture that has of late permeated our society, most parents are too fearful to speak up.

But speak up you must
. There is strength in numbers and I assure you, the numbers are there. Contact the administration and the Board of Trustees and demand an end to the destructive and anti-intellectual claptrap known as antiracism. And if changes are not forthcoming then demand new leadership. For the sake of our community, our city, our country and most of all, our children, silence is no longer an option.” You Have to Read This Letter

Every American should feel this way.

10. The following is actually imposed on your children in government school.

A sign of the “whiteness” movement’s success has been the insertion of its anti-white, anti-male, anti-Christian bigotries into the curricula of the nation’s K–12 schools both public and private. One of many left-wing organizations involved in this sinister effort is “Just Communities,” which operates in thirteen states.

1618950307538.png

California Parents Sue to Block ‘Creeping, Social Justice Warrior’ Instruction in Schools - California Globe

“This slanderous list imposed on schoolchildren is designed to incite feelings of envy, resentment, and outright hatred towards the targeted “oppressor” groups, regardless of what the individuals who compose them think or actually do in their lives. It is the antithesis of the principles enshrined in America’s Declaration of Independence and Constitution.”
Horowitz

This is what your children are presented with in government school.

8. “l object to Brearley’s advocacy for groups and movements such as Black Lives Matter, a Marxist, anti family, heterophobic, anti-Asian and anti-Semitic organization that neither speaks for the majority of the Black community in this country, nor in any way, shape or form, represents their best interests.

I object to the gutting of the history, civics, and classical literature curriculums. I object to the censorship of books that have been taught for generations because they contain dated language potentially offensive to the thin-skinned and hypersensitive (something that has already happened in my daughter's 4th grade class). I object to the lowering of standards for the admission of students and for the hiring of teachers. I object to the erosion of rigor in classwork and the escalation of grade inflation. Any parent with eyes open can foresee these inevitabilities should antiracism initiatives be allowed to persist.

Our nation will not survive a generation of leadership even more poorly educated than we have now, nor will we survive a generation of students taught to hate its own country and despise its history. ”
Op. Cit.

Op. Cit.

Our nation is NOT going to survive. It is over, done, finished. This country is finished and will go down in history as nothing more than a clone of the Roman Empire.

We had a nice run. We were the envy of the world, for a time. From about 1968 on - we began this long slide into perversion, debauchery, unrest, disobedience and the world began looking at us as a laughing stock.

It is the end.

When I read this letter yesterday, hopes for the future of America, soared! And when I was told that Tucker Carlson featured it on his show, I hoped lots of people saw it and .....well.....here it is.

1.In this thread is a letter to the woke administration of a posh NYC private school. The man is what we used to call a Liberal…..but not one of the Fascists batch who are actually Democrats/Fascists/Progressives, and in charge of the party.

2. “…a letter written by Andrew Gutman, explaining why he pulled his daughter out of Brearley School. Gutman sent the letter to nearly 600 families whose children are enrolled in the private school.
Brearley is an all-girls school on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. It takes $54,000 a year to attend along with a bogus “anti-racism pledge,” per Weiss.
You can accurately guess from the pledge that the school isn’t about ending racism, but demanding its students develop a narrow, only see people by their skin color mindset.”

Our family recently made the decision not to reenroll our daughter at Brearley for the 2021-22 school year. She has been at Brearley for seven years, beginning in kindergarten. In short, we no longer believe that Brearley’s administration and Board of Trustees have any of our children’s best interests at heart. Moreover, we no longer have confidence that our daughter will receive the quality of education necessary to further her development into a critically thinking, responsible, enlightened, and civic minded adult. I write to you, as a fellow parent, to share our reasons for leaving the Brearley community but also to urge you to act before the damage to the school, to its community, and to your own child's education is irreparable.

It cannot be stated strongly enough that Brearley’s obsession with race must stop. It should be abundantly clear to any thinking parent that Brearley has completely lost its way. The administration and the Board of Trustees have displayed a cowardly and appalling lack of leadership by appeasing an anti-intellectual, illiberal mob, and then allowing the school to be captured by that same mob. What follows are my own personal views on Brearley's antiracism initiatives, but these are just a handful of the criticisms that I know other parents have expressed.” You Have to Read This Letter

Thank you for posting the letter. Tucker Carlson was right when he said it's brilliant.

Op. Cit.

Op. Cit.

Our nation is NOT going to survive. It is over, done, finished. This country is finished and will go down in history as nothing more than a clone of the Roman Empire.

We had a nice run. We were the envy of the world, for a time. From about 1968 on - we began this long slide into perversion, debauchery, unrest, disobedience and the world began looking at us as a laughing stock.

It is the end.

As President pro tem of the Pessimist Club, I am pleased to welcome you as our newest member.

You are sooooo right.......we are basking in the afterglow of a once great nation.

And the greatest blame goes to the schools.

Thank you for posting the letter. Tucker Carlson was right when he said it's brilliant.

And thank you for reading it, and your post.

My hope is that it represents an underserved American majority.

This shit has to be stopped before it catches on everywhere.

Private School Head Admits ‘Anti-racist’ Curriculum Is ‘Demonizing White People for Being Born’

The head of a New York City private school that has been accused of indoctrinating students with progressive politics and “anti-racist” orthodoxy privately acknowledged that the school is guilty of “demonizing white people for being born,” according to audio from a conversation he had with a whistleblower teacher.

George Davison, the head of Grace Church School in Manhattan, told embattled teacher Paul Rossi in a March 2 recorded conversation that the school uses language that makes white students “feel less than, for nothing that they are personally responsible for.” He also said that “one of the things that’s going on a little too much” is the “attempt to link anybody who’s white to the perpetuation of white supremacy,” according to the recordings posted online.

New Topics

Forum List

Back