He thinks they're tuning in to see him.

Now would have been an excellent time for Trump to rise above the bullshit and finally become The President. He could have strolled to an easy reelection but he cannot do it. Hard partisan till the bitter end. He is ultimately a coward and true heroics are beyond him.

FYI, he's strolling to an easy election now and if the leftists chose Quid Pro Joe its over.
Nothing leads to reelection like failed policy, huge deficits, and shutting down the country.
1. Trump's promises kept are more than enough for reelection
2. Deficits are just what DC does, like they are unusual?!
3. Shutting down the country was required to save lives, especially healthcare lives
His failures are many. Where is the best healthcare? Tax cuts neither paid for themselves or grew the economy. Trillion dollar deficits during good times are not normal. Now the country is shut down from his poor leadership.
1. Please list a few Trump failures, and nothing partisan, like "faux impeachment"
2. The best healthcare is in the USA
3. Agree personal tax cuts are bad. Top rate needs to go up and a VAT added to pay down Debt
4. Partial shutdown is necessary due to medical emergency, how about you blame China for their non-Bio-weapon "bat disease" supposedly from a "live market"
I did list failures. Healthcare was a failure. His tax cuts were a failure. Partial shutdown is necessary because he failed to take it seriously. Until recently he was claiming it was just going to go away. The country was in way better shape before Trump. All his policies have failed and the country is more divided than ever.
Ok, your perspective is just "partisan", Trump's approval rating is fine, we'll see in November if the voters prefer Biden.
1. Obamacare was a failure, we didn't save $2,500 each, we lost up to $10,000 each in new deductibles. The Obamacare rollout and the web site that didn't work was the biggest disaster and embarrassment in US history. It was a train wreck, and you whine about Trump.
2. Tax cuts did help the economy, but the Debt needs to be addressed, Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026, and SS bankrupt in 2037. WTF did Nancy and her House majority do to help the Budget? <nothing>
3. Partial shutdown is required, its a pandemic, do we want 2.2m dead? No we don't.
4. If you are correct and Trump is a failure then you have nothing to worry about in November. Why whine about everything? Joe Biden will save the day like "mighty mouse".
I’m an independent. What was partisan?
He promised the best healthcare and failed to pass anything. Fact.
He promised the tax cuts would pay for themselves and we would have 4-6% growth. He delivered trillion dollar deficits and less than 3% growth.
Trump promised a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it. There is no wall and Mexico sure isn’t paying for it.

He has been a failure. That doesn’t require being partisan.

1. Trump is president, he can't pass laws by himself. The democrats passed Obamacare and getting back to a free market healthcare system needs 60 senate votes, not likely, not Trump's fault
2. Agree, tax cuts were a GOP failure, not just a Trump failure, so why didn't Nancy fix it? The House controls the "purse strings", correct?
3. Trump's wall is a success, Mexico could pay for it if Congress would pass a "remittance tax" on all money sent out of the US. Why won't they?
You seem quite partisan. You just make up weak excuses and admit tax cuts are a failure. Huge debt is quite the failure. While his precious stock gains were lost in a week, the debt he grew remained. He has been a failure, nothing he has done will last other than the debt. What do you think has gone well?
1. Huge Debt is the norm. How can you call Trump a failure? Do I need to post a graph of Debt by president?
2. The stock gains/loss were a function of the virus, not Trump's actions. They should recover by November.
3. What has gone well are Trump's "promises kept" list. I won't list them all and spam the thread
Increasing debt drastically during good times is not the norm.
Will they come back? Who knows, but the debt will be there.
Give me his biggest non partisan accomplishment. Let’s hear it.
Here are a few off the top:
1. Rebuilding the US military
2. Making NATO fund their militaries per commitments
3. Telling Germany not to buy Russian LNG to fund their military
4. Killing ISIS in short order when BO let them explode in 2015
5. Getting us out of AFG
6. Using Tariffs to advantage, especially getting China to heel
7. Bringing back US manufacturing, use antibiotics as an example
8. Reducing opioid deaths after 20 years of continuous increases up to 70,000 a year
9. Making the US energy independent
10. Reducing federal job killing regulations
See now most of that does nothing for me. Military didn’t need rebuilding. Should have prepared for a pandemic clearly.
Nato? So?
Tariffs hurt manufacturing.
That’s really all partisan garbage.

What has he done that makes this country better?
What has Trump done to make the country better?
1. Record low unemployment in all groups
2. Opposed China's unfair trade practices
3. Reducing opioid deaths from 70,000/yr
4. Strict immigration enforcement
5. Going after gangs like MS-13

There are long term trends that aren't Trump's fault, and nothing he can do about either, like "income inequality", the rich keep getting richer.

View attachment 317143
You will at least concede that Obama lowered unemployment by the largest percent reduction in recent history....especially black unemployment...but I don't recall many Trumpers cheering about that when Obama was doing it...why??

The 8-year Obama recovery was just too slow, which is why Trump drove all unemployment numbers even lower.
Uh huh....

Yet it still outperform Trump's rate of growth....why??

And why don't you give Obama credit for handling the H1N1 pandemic without collapsing the economy?? Remember, you guys said that pandemic is 10 times worse than this one -- right?

1. WHY? Obama's economy was coming out of the "Great Recession" so his policies had nothing to do with the rising economy, his recovery was the actually the slowest. That's like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise.
2. Trump's economy started out with the DOW at about 20,000, and it was still rising until COVID-19 shut it down.
3. The H1N1 pandemic got 60.1m Americans sick and killed 12,500 the economy plowed thru it. The death rate was about 0.02%, not very deadly, even compared to the regular flu that routinely kills 40,000 to 60,000. This COVID-19 pandemic has a current US death rate of about 1.75%, that is 0.0175/0.0002 = 84 so COVID-19 is about 84x more deadly than H1N1.
4. The projected 100,000 to 200,000 dead Americans is nothing to get partisan about.

Trump is bragging on Twitter about his coronavirus briefings getting lots of viewers
Increasingly, members of the media are concerned this large audience is being given dangerous, incorrect information.

President Donald Trump boasted about the ratings of his daily live news conferences on the coronavirus Sunday, and suggested that the large viewer numbers — rather than the misleading remarks he has made during them — are fueling discussions in the media about ending the practice of broadcasting them live and unfiltered.

“Because the ‘Ratings’ of my News Conferences etc. are so high, ‘Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers’ according to the [New York Times], the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY,” Trump tweeted Sunday afternoon.
...................................................................................................................................................
This kind of behavior is what would land most people in front of professionals to get psychiatric care.

Listen. Trump is insane. But close to half of the country is right there with him. If Democrats can't persuade them to come back to the light, we're doing to get more of the same.

Trump is bragging on Twitter about his coronavirus briefings getting lots of viewers
Increasingly, members of the media are concerned this large audience is being given dangerous, incorrect information.

President Donald Trump boasted about the ratings of his daily live news conferences on the coronavirus Sunday, and suggested that the large viewer numbers — rather than the misleading remarks he has made during them — are fueling discussions in the media about ending the practice of broadcasting them live and unfiltered.

“Because the ‘Ratings’ of my News Conferences etc. are so high, ‘Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers’ according to the [New York Times], the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY,” Trump tweeted Sunday afternoon.
...................................................................................................................................................
This kind of behavior is what would land most people in front of professionals to get psychiatric care.

Listen. Trump is insane. But close to half of the country is right there with him. If Democrats can't persuade them to come back to the light, we're doing to get more of the same.
Perhaps demonrats just need stronger measures. Taking away our right to assemble didn't do it. Stripping freedom of religion isn't working. Think think what would finally force all to your "vision".

Pretty much if someone tunes in to the daily briefing they really are tuning in to see the president. Thinking otherwise is just knee jerk anti Trump.

Pretty much if someone tunes in to the daily briefing they really are tuning in to see the president. Thinking otherwise is just knee jerk anti Trump.
I tune in for information because the country is closed down . I prefer the info comes from others as his info tends to not be the most accurate.

Bragging about ratings has been Trump's schtick since he started running, that is not new or news.
What isn't new or news is that his presidency has been nothing but a bad shtick since day one.

Trump has been bad if you don't watch FXN. The other stations are 95% negative all day every day.
That's not news, that's propaganda, I don't watch propaganda and "fake news".
I'm not influenced by "propaganda" and "fake news". My opinions with regards to him are based on what he says and does.
Then why do you have a full sized poster of Jim Acosta hidden under your bed? And what's with the silk glove a jar of vaseline hidden in your night stand?
You are a freak.

Forum List

Back