Hawaii again declares Obama birth certificate real

I thought Hawaii wasn't a state. Isn't that what the Republicans are saying?
uh, NO
republicans are NOT saying that

A poll released Tuesday from Public Policy Polling shows just 24 percent of Republicans in North Carolina believe that President Obama was born in the United States, despite all evidence that he was indeed born in Hawaii. When factoring in both Democrat and Independent voters, that figure increases, but only to 54 percent.

It's not just Obama that some North Carolinian voters are concerned about, though -- it's his native state. Of those who voted for McCain in North Carolina, only 89 percent agreed that Hawaii is part of the United States.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NC_811424.pdf

I wasn't laughing at a lie dammit.

Are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:
Oh wow, that hurts. It reminds me of Leno's Jaywalking skits. How do we grow them so dumb?

uh, NO

A poll released Tuesday from Public Policy Polling shows just 24 percent of Republicans in North Carolina believe that President Obama was born in the United States, despite all evidence that he was indeed born in Hawaii. When factoring in both Democrat and Independent voters, that figure increases, but only to 54 percent.

It's not just Obama that some North Carolinian voters are concerned about, though -- it's his native state. Of those who voted for McCain in North Carolina, only 89 percent agreed that Hawaii is part of the United States.

Oh wow, that hurts. It reminds me of Leno's Jaywalking skits. How do we grow them so dumb?
I live in SW VA. Very rural, very near NC and WVA. There are people like that around here. God help me, some of them in my extended family.

I live in SW VA. Very rural, very near NC and WVA. There are people like that around here. God help me, some of them in my extended family.

My sincere condolences.
That there's a whole lot of children left behind.

My sincere condolences.
Oh yeah. It's a stereotype, but one based on (at least some) truth. We're a regional medical center, and at times get these people in who have otherwise lived a completely sheltered existence. One of the saddest was a very young woman (late teens) with a huge ovarian tumor (IIRC, around 70-80 lbs). Her mom was convinced she'd gotten pregnant swimming in the 'crick' with boys, and was going to mid-wife her... when she didn't give birth after 10, 11 months, someone convinced her to bring the child into a clinic who in turn referred her to us. The level of ignorance among some in this area is staggering.

I thought Hawaii wasn't a state. Isn't that what the Republicans are saying?
uh, NO

LOL yeah, sure thing

a democrat polling firm says it, so it MUST be true

uh, NO

LOL yeah, sure thing

You know that it's a Democratic polling firm or you just pulled it out of, uh, thin air?

Fox is obviously biased, but most companies that do polling for the "business' have to be somewhat honest or no one uses their "service". Why pay money for lies?

When Republicans hear something they don't like, instead of "learning" from it, they just call it a lie. Must be comforting.

LOL yeah, sure thing

You know that it's a Democratic polling firm or you just pulled it out of, uh, thin air?

Fox is obviously biased, but most companies that do polling for the "business' have to be somewhat honest or no one uses their "service". Why pay money for lies?

When Republicans hear something they don't like, instead of "learning" from it, they just call it a lie. Must be comforting.
PPP is a well known democrat polling firm

btw, asshole, i'm still a registered republican(for now) and i'm not a birfer

My sincere condolences.
Oh yeah. It's a stereotype, but one based on (at least some) truth. We're a regional medical center, and at times get these people in who have otherwise lived a completely sheltered existence. One of the saddest was a very young woman (late teens) with a huge ovarian tumor (IIRC, around 70-80 lbs). Her mom was convinced she'd gotten pregnant swimming in the 'crick' with boys, and was going to mid-wife her... when she didn't give birth after 10, 11 months, someone convinced her to bring the child into a clinic who in turn referred her to us. The level of ignorance among some in this area is staggering.
did you ask this woman her political afiliations?

LOL yeah, sure thing

Lighten up, Dive. You're obviously neither ignoarant nor a birfer.
The sane among us understand not all Republicans are ignorant loonies. And believe it or not, the sane among us also understand not all ignorant loonies are Republicans either.
That particular set of data is still damn funny. If my warped sense of humor offends, sorry!

My sincere condolences.

This is an overwhelmingly red area.

The sane among us understand not all Republicans are ignorant loonies. And believe it or not, the sane among us also understand not all ignorant loonies are Republicans either.
That particular set of data is still damn funny. If my warped sense of humor offends, sorry!
the point i was contesting was "republicans saying Hawaii isnt a state"
that doesnt even include most birfers

and i live in an overwelmingly blue area

;)

the point i was contesting was "republicans saying Hawaii isnt a state"
that doesnt even include most birfers

That includes a whole lot of people who can't read a first grade history book. Or a map. :cuckoo:

A lot of jaws dropped to the floor when Mccain only won my county by 15%. That's a Democratic victory here.
Of course, I'm just a beautiful shade of purple myself. Can't fit in anywhere. :lol:

"I ... have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen," Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said in a brief statement. "I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago."

This is like the Chinese Government...

Now move along, this Person has Verified it, and that is all you Fucking Peasants Need to Know.

This isn't even News... The Same Obama Mouthpiece from 8 Months ago said the same thing again...

Barry would have been Better to just Ignore this and Tell Hawaii to Ignore it.

They just Poured Gasoline on a Fire.

:)

peace...

Would it help if it was a white state health director instead of an asian?

LOL yeah, sure thing

Why the name-calling? :eusa_eh:

So I guess you disagree with this, eh?

Obama approval drops into negative territory

Raleigh, N.C. – Barack Obama’s health care plan isn’t receiving very good reviews from North Carolina voters, and that’s contributing to more people in the state disapproving than approving of his job performance for the first time since he took office.

47% of voters in the state disapprove of Obama while 46% give him good marks. He meets with approval from 80% of Democrats but only 9% of Republicans, and his numbers have fallen to a negative 40/46 spread against independents. Respondents were also asked to rate Obama’s work so far on a scale of 1 to 9, with 1 being the worst grade and 9 being the best. The results give a good indication of the state’s polarization with 34% of voters giving him either and 8 or a 9 and 35% giving him a 1 or a 2. His overall average score comes to 4.97.

What difference does it make if they're Democratic? I looked at the questions. Very straight-forward and not biased.

Do you approve or disapprove of President
Barack Obama’s job performance?

How would you rate Barack Obama’s job
performance on a scale of 1 to 9, with 9 being
the highest approval and 1 being the lowest.
Please push the number for the rating you
would give President Obama.

Do you support or oppose President Obama’s
health care plan, or do you not have an
opinion?

Do you think Barack Obama was born in the
United States?

Do you consider Hawaii to be part of the United
States?

Who did you vote for President last year?

Would you describe yourself as a liberal,
moderate, or conservative?

I am going to name 7 issues. Which of these is
most important to you? The War in Iraq,
education, the economy and jobs, taxes, moral
or family values, health care, or immigration.

Would you describe the community you live in
as urban, suburban, rural, or a small town?

If you are a woman, press 1, if a man, press 2.

If you are a Democrat, press 1. If you are a
Republican, press 2. If you are an independent
or identify with another party, press 3.

If you are white, press one now. If you are
African-American, press two now. If other,
press 3.

If you are 18 to 29 years old, press 1 now. If
you are 30 to 45, press 2. If you are 46 to 65,
press 3. If older, press 4.

---------

Please feel free to point out the bias in the above questions. Thanks.

BTW: Public Policy Polling: Our liberal 'bias'

New Topics

Forum List

Back