Having Second Thoughts About Trump...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
IDK... believe it or not, he just might be a little TOO over the top for me. Some of things he says do make me go... "aaaahh... wha...?"

I started backing Cruz long ago, and I really would be all for him under any circumstances, and if Trump does falter, it will come down to Cruz and Carson, in fact, a Cruz/Carson or Carson/Cruz ticket would be awesome.

But Trump, I'm afraid the guy is going to self destruct. His last campaign stop in Iowa he said in response to Carson's story about a "knife breaking because it hit a belt," he said, "how STUPID are the people of Iowa?" So IDK, I don't think that helped him at all.

I came out in support of Cruz first then he stated he supported TPP and I switched to Trump. Since then Cruz has dropped his support for TPP so he is still on the radar.

The two things I know our country needs is that fence/wall AND better trade deals. Just those two things in his first four years would allow me to RE-elect Trump.

I came out in support of Cruz first then he stated he supported TPP and I switched to Trump. Since then Cruz has dropped his support for TPP so he is still on the radar.

The two things I know our country needs is that fence/wall AND better trade deals. Just those two things in his first four years would allow me to RE-elect Trump.
I agree. I want the illegals deported, period, and the fence, and I know Trump would kill on trade, and those two things alone would kick our economy into hyperdrive, so my support for Trump isn't done, I just wish he wouldn't be quite so flamboyant. He could tone it down just a tad and not hurt himself at all.

This poll says one thing, that poll says another. Fuck em all
I think Trump and Carson will die down.
The way Trump acted Tuesday night made me cringe.
And Carson is only up there because he gave a speech and criticized ACA. Hell, I remember the day after, righties were saying "Carson for President". He doesn't seem to understand much of anything besides the human body

And Carson is only up there because he gave a speech and criticized ACA. Hell, I remember the day after, righties were saying "Carson for President". He doesn't seem to understand much of anything besides the human body
Do you like Cruz?

A bucket of crabs. The Republican candidates are a bucket of crabs.

As soon as one start to climb out, another crab pulls them back down.

Do you like Cruz?
I have always liked Cruz. I think his religion gets in the way as far as actual support for me. Could just come down to who he would appoint to positions and VP.
Supreme court is going to need to be filled back up, soon.

OP what Trump has said is NOTHING compared to the nasty dirty politics practiced by the GOP establishment. Check into what they/Bush did to McCain in SC. Do not think for one minute the GOP establishment is nice, they are ruthless, Trump is a fluffy white kitten compared to those people.

That said Cruz is probably the top candidate right now.

I agree. I want the illegals deported, period, and the fence, and I know Trump would kill on trade, and those two things alone would kick our economy into hyperdrive, so my support for Trump isn't done, I just wish he wouldn't be quite so flamboyant. He could tone it down just a tad and not hurt himself at all.
I think we all know now the next president WILL be getting an active war as well. Boots on the ground say that. When it comes to Putin I think Trump has the advantage.

One I think he is every bit as smart as Putin and TWO he knows how to go to the proper group gather the right people and go after the problem.

Hillary has NO idea what to do in that respect, NONE.

I think we all know now the next president WILL be getting an active war as well. Boots on the ground say that. When it comes to Putin I think Trump has the advantage.

One I think he is every bit as smart as Putin and TWO he knows how to go to the proper group gather the right people and go after the problem.

The three things why I even considered Trump were; his possible appointments(means as much as anything), his trade policies and he don't give a fuck.

Obama doesn't want to hand off a war to his successor. That is the LAST thing he wants to do. He came into office with a promise to end the two wars in one hand and a Nobel Peace Prize in the other. He will do everything he can to avoid handing off a war.

Clinton would also avoid war as much as possible. She would not want her legacy to be "the first female President started a war".

I really do like Cruz's 10% tax plan and the fact that he wants to close down the corrupt IRS along with a couple of other agencies. The IRS really does need to be gutted out.

Forum List

Back