Have you seen what's going on in Oregon ?

Here in the State of "Tyranny", formerly known as "Oregon", we have a very interesting and disgusting situation going on.

Let me give a quick background.

We have a very liberal Dimocrat governor (Kate Brown).

Both of our legislative chambers are ran by Dimocrats, and in fact they have a super-majority in BOTH chambers.
They pretty much can do whatever the fuck they want, and Republicans can only sit and watch. Even when all GOP lawmakers agree to stick together and vote as a block, they're votes are useless to stop this insane progressive agenda.

That is until yesterday...………………………………………………………………..

The fucking Oregon House Dims passed a radical cap and trade bill that is going to skyrocket fuel taxes, and shut down some industries as well as increase power rates across the board.

The bill went to the state Senate, which as I mentioned earlier is controlled by a Dim super-majority.
A celebration was all set up, since everyone knew it was just a formality for the Oregon Senate to send the bill directly to the leftist nut governor who would quickly sign it.

Problem is, NONE of the Republican state Senators showed up for the vote, and since they needed at least two to cast their NO votes, before the Dims could steam roll the bill through, the vote never took place.

Now is where it gets just fucking bizarre.

The governor had her lawyers check to see if she could sent the State Police to arrest at least two of them and bring them back to the capitol.

Reports are that the GOP Senators may all have left the state.
This is the only tool available to stop this tyrannical rule that has been going on all this legislative session.

I am proud of these Republicans, and hope they remain standing tall !!

Oregon sends police to bring back Republicans who left state over climate bill

Washington (CNN)Oregon Democratic Gov. Kate Brown on Thursday authorized state police to locate Senate Republicans and bring them back to the state Capitol after some left the state to block the chamber's proceedings.

After more than eight hours of fruitless negotiations late into Wednesday night, Republican state senators in Oregon walked out of a session on Thursday over disagreements on HB 2020, a cap and trade climate bill. All 11 GOP senators failed to appear later Thursday for floor proceedings, leaving the legislative body two senators short of a quorum, according to Kate Kondayen, a spokeswoman for Brown.
At least some of the senators have left the state, according to a statement from the Oregon Senate Republicans, and the wife of one of them says they are all in Idaho at an undisclosed location.
"They all left and are in Idaho. I don't have a way of contacting him," Peggie Boquist, wife of Oregon GOP Sen. Brian Boquist, told CNN when asked the location of her husband.
]

12 people holding the whole state hostage. Definitely sounds like a GOP tactic.
Sounds like the Dims are holding the state hostage.
Lol, if they have all but 12 seats I'd say they represent the will of the people by a large majority.

Yep, it is done by both parties as a form of protest, it is a peaceful way to show you don’t like a bill. You do realize they all eventually have to comeback and vote. Just a way to draw attention to the bill.

Katie Brown was a fucking nutbar when I knew her in High school.

I did some minor construction work on some high end hotels in Portland a few years ago, and was incredulous about how ubiquitousness of street bums.

Portland's "urban planners" have viewed clogged and gridlocked highways as good for the business of gubmint run mass transit.

Not at all surprised that it's now a total shit hole.

Portland is a good place to avoid. Downtown Portland takes it to a whole new level.

Here in the State of "Tyranny", formerly known as "Oregon", we have a very interesting and disgusting situation going on.

Both of our legislative chambers are ran by Dimocrats, and in fact they have a super-majority in BOTH chambers.
They pretty much can do whatever the fuck they want, and Republicans can only sit and watch. Even when all GOP lawmakers agree to stick together and vote as a block, they're votes are useless to stop this insane progressive agenda.

The fucking Oregon House Dims passed a radical cap and trade bill that is going to skyrocket fuel taxes, and shut down some industries as well as increase power rates across the board.

The bill went to the state Senate, which as I mentioned earlier is controlled by a Dim super-majority.
A celebration was all set up, since everyone knew it was just a formality for the Oregon Senate to send the bill directly to the leftist nut governor who would quickly sign it.

Problem is, NONE of the Republican state Senators showed up for the vote, and since they needed at least two to cast their NO votes, before the Dims could steam roll the bill through, the vote never took place.

The governor had her lawyers check to see if she could sent the State Police to arrest at least two of them and bring them back to the capitol.

This is the only tool available to stop this tyrannical rule that has been going on all this legislative session.

Washington (CNN)Oregon Democratic Gov. Kate Brown on Thursday authorized state police to locate Senate Republicans and bring them back to the state Capitol after some left the state to block the chamber's proceedings.

After more than eight hours of fruitless negotiations late into Wednesday night, Republican state senators in Oregon walked out of a session on Thursday over disagreements on HB 2020, a cap and trade climate bill. All 11 GOP senators failed to appear later Thursday for floor proceedings, leaving the legislative body two senators short of a quorum, according to Kate Kondayen, a spokeswoman for Brown.
At least some of the senators have left the state, according to a statement from the Oregon Senate Republicans, and the wife of one of them says they are all in Idaho at an undisclosed location.
"They all left and are in Idaho. I don't have a way of contacting him," Peggie Boquist, wife of Oregon GOP Sen. Brian Boquist, told CNN when asked the location of her husband.
]

Sounds like the Dims are holding the state hostage.
Lol, if they have all but 12 seats I'd say they represent the will of the people by a large majority.

The brave Republicans are reflecting the will of their districts, who want no part of this obscene bill.

Here's an interesting twist:

Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’

Right-wing militia groups across the Pacific Northwest are mobilizing to prevent Oregon state police from arresting Republican state senators who went into hiding on Thursday in order to prevent climate change legislation from passing.

All eleven of Oregon’s Republican state senators are currently on-the-lam, with some leaving for Idaho in an effort to deny the Democrat-controlled state senate a quorum to pass a cap-and-trade bill. In response, Oregon Governor Kate Brown (D), citing a provision in the state constitution that allows the state to “compel” absent lawmakers to attend legislative sessions, dispatched state troopers to bring them back.

One of the lawmakers on the lam, Republican Brian Boquist (R), warned that he would resort to violence rather than return to the state, implying in a local television interview that he would attack law enforcement officers sent to retrieve him.

“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Boquist said. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’

[QUOTE

]

[/QUOTE]

I would suggest that the conservative runaways do their jobs.

Elections have consequences.

Also, as typical of conservatives To bloviate bullshit Cap and Trade laws don’t run anyone out of business. If you want to pollute, you will have to pay for it.

[QUOTE

]

[/QUOTE]
The GOP babies will try anything. This isn't about principles, as they have none. This is about power.

I would suggest that Brown's cap and trade plan, something that will gut the states logging industry and at the same time raise gas and energy prices squeezing out the middle class, puts Oregon in play in 2020 and Trump and leftists haven't let this pass by unnoticed. An Opening For Trump In Deep Blue Oregon

The same way Trump was able to grab the rust belt states in the last election Oregon, and to some degree Washington, will be up for grabs if Trump wants to invest the time and money here. Substitute lumber for coal and you have an issue to win with.

This poll is not brand new but Kate Brown isn't any more popular here either. NEW POLL: Oregon Dem Gov Kate Brown’s Approval Rating Drops 13 Points As Her Mismanagement Is Exposed
Her crap and trade makes her less so.

From this post to Trump's ears though I think his team has already noticed There is a rotten apple hanging from the tree and it might be ready to fall..

The GOP babies will try anything. This isn't about principles, as they have none. This is about power.
It's about stopping an unpopular costly policy from being imposed on the people of Oregon.
The democrats have all the power here so, as per usual, you really are talking out of your ass.

That's exactly what they are doing the only way they can represent their constituents now.

You wouldn't know it based on how the democrats in Washington DC
act. They act like children mid tantrum, in case you haven't noticed.

Also, as typical of conservatives To bloviate bullshit Cap and Trade laws don’t run anyone out of business. If you want to pollute, you will have to pay for it.
The Oregon lumber industry here is a mainstay of the state's economy
and timber is a vital resource that is far more than just a source of pollution.
Gas and energy prices will rise under this other dope named Brown in a governor's office on the west coast.
Price Increases from Cap and Trade Would Hurt Oregonians - Partnership for Oregon Communities

Oregon is in lockstep following California down the cap and trade rabbit hole.
There is a reason why only two states are trying to implement this idiotic policy.

The Oregon lumber industry here is a mainstay of the state's economy
and timber is a vital resource that is far more than just a source of pollution.
Gas and energy prices will rise under this other dope named Brown in a governor's office on the west coast.
Price Increases from Cap and Trade Would Hurt Oregonians - Partnership for Oregon Communities

Oregon is in lockstep following California down the cap and trade rabbit hole.
There is a reason why only two states are trying to implement this idiotic policy.
Trees are a renewable cash crop...The ignoramus tree humpers who whine and bitch about temporary logging roads have no idea how quickly the forest reclaims them....It's a big annual chore with a chain saw and brush cutter, just to keep the few miles of access trails open on our family's back 40.

[QUOTE

]

Also, as typical of conservatives To bloviate bullshit Cap and Trade laws don’t run anyone out of business. If you want to pollute, you will have to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

They sure do, and those that left Oregon in protest are the consequences of those Oregon districts voting Republican.

[QUOTE

]

The GOP babies will try anything. This isn't about principles, as they have none. This is about power.[/QUOTE]

You act like Democrats have never done this. It is a way of protesting and either side you should be proud we have the opportunity to peacefully protest.

Plus it doesn’t harm you at all.

Oregon legislators plan to take cap and trade show on the road | Malheur Enterprise
The state's timber industry, which actually fights global warming by planting and fostering trees that reduce
carbon in the atmosphere, is going to take a big hit if this legislation passes and the ripple effect from collateral economic damage will be great.
Like papal indulgences, the state will actually auction off a license to pollute which is an odd way to fight the mean, nasty old Mr. Carbon.

Perhaps the real effect of global warming is creating a way of removing money from people's pockets in a whole new novel way. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change knows a thing or two about that.

Last edited:

]

And the rest of them raping the country with your traitor ass approval.
What is it with you and rape + ass Mikey?

]

And the rest of them raping the country with your traitor ass approval.
What is it with you and rape + ass Mikey?
Classic tardism.

“Have you seen what's going on in Oregon ?”

Yes.

Republicans being idiotic, ridiculous, and wrong about the fact of climate change as usual.
lol libstains call us science deniers when we don't believe the global warming hoax and out of the other side of their mouth tell us gender is a choice.

Forum List

Back