Have you noticed....

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
....that people are quick to ridicule public schools, public school systems, and just about anything else having to do with the state provision of K-12 education? On the other hand, one, I at least, rarely, if ever, sees folks griping about private schools, at least not while their kids are in the private school in question.

I have on occasion hear parents grumble about how a given private school really didn't educate their kid any better than would have the public school the child could have attended, but that seems to only happen after the kid gets to college and it then becomes apparent that the kid isn't nearly as well prepared as the parents would have expected or surmised based on the kid's performance at the private school.

That a rather strange phenomenon, IMO, because there are plenty of private schools that really aren't materially better than their neighboring public schools, yet one must necessarily pay for both schools if one sends one's child to private school. I'd think parents would pitch fits while their child is in school rather than wait until the kid finishes and then complain.

Private Schools had better be superior to public schools. If not, why would parents be spending thousands of dollars to send their kids there?

But many parents are not sending their kid to private school out of concern for their education. They are concerned about the type of students their children will interact with. Blacks, minorities, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, kids from poor families and the wrong side of the tracks

That is why kids get shipped off to private school

But many parents are not sending their kid to private school out of concern for their education. They are concerned about the type of students their children will interact with. Blacks, minorities, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, kids from poor families and the wrong side of the tracks

Proof?

Proof?

Wrong

Proof?

Wrong

Once again you can't support your claim.

Proof?

Wrong

Once again, you FAIL to offer any opinion of your own

Proof?

Wrong

A poor attempt at deflecting from the fact that you can't support your claim.

....that people are quick to ridicule public schools, public school systems, and just about anything else having to do with the state provision of K-12 education? On the other hand, one, I at least, rarely, if ever, sees folks griping about private schools, at least not while their kids are in the private school in question.

I have on occasion hear parents grumble about how a given private school really didn't educate their kid any better than would have the public school the child could have attended, but that seems to only happen after the kid gets to college and it then becomes apparent that the kid isn't nearly as well prepared as the parents would have expected or surmised based on the kid's performance at the private school.

That a rather strange phenomenon, IMO, because there are plenty of private schools that really aren't materially better than their neighboring public schools, yet one must necessarily pay for both schools if one sends one's child to private school. I'd think parents would pitch fits while their child is in school rather than wait until the kid finishes and then complain.

The difference is usually if parents care enough to spend $$ on a private school, they care enough to oversee their kids to make sure they are at least keeping up with their homework, have passing grades, and are making an effort to improve if they are not.

Public schools are seen as a "drop off, pick up" facility where parent's don't have to do anything to get their kids educated.

Private Schools had better be superior to public schools. If not, why would parents be spending thousands of dollars to send their kids there?

my Catholic school's classes back in the 80's were about 1/8 non-catholic, mostly Hindus and Buddhists. They wanted the discipline that came from Catholic Education, and were not concerned about the Religious teachings.

Three kids from private school here. One Chemistry and two Math degrees. Did you have a valid point or just trolling?

Proof?

Wrong

A poor attempt at deflecting from the fact that you can't support your claim.

Wrong

BS there pal. It was solely for a better education, which was delivered. I have witnessed parents that hoped a private school would "fix" their kid. It does not, parents make the difference there.

my Catholic school's classes back in the 80's were about 1/8 non-catholic, mostly Hindus and Buddhists. They wanted the discipline that came from Catholic Education, and were not concerned about the Religious teachings.

I remember the kids in my neighborhood who went to Catholic School. The parents would tell my parents that they wanted their children to receive a good Catholic School education. When we asked the kids why they went to Catholic School, the kids would tell us that their daddy doesn't like that so many negroes went to the public school

Parents that enroll children into private school are more likely to be involved in their children's lives, the tend to make sure the child is learning and if their are issues, they are at the school to make sure their child gets what they need. Private schools for the most part have the same curriculum as public schools.

I have no problem with either, we all should have choices.

I remember the kids in my neighborhood who went to Catholic School. The parents would tell my parents that they wanted their children to receive a good Catholic School education. When we asked the kids why they went to Catholic School, the kids would tell us that their daddy doesn't like that so many negroes went to the public school

At the school my kids attended, there was a higher percentage minority student population than the public schools. We are close to a number of those families still.

At the school my kids attended, there was a higher percentage minority student population than the public schools. We are close to a number of those families still.
Which minority?
Let me guess........Asian

This will be the point where RW claims I am avoiding his question, because it was Asian kids..

Several were Asian

Several were Black

A couple were first generation Americans from Guatemala.

Your experience is not the definitive experience.

Which minority?
Let me guess........Asian

So they were the "wrong" minority....lol

Forum List

Back