Have you noticed....

Which minority?
Let me guess........Asian

Why are you concerned about what minority it is? Are some "better" than others? What makes you think it was only one minority? You sound pretty racist there RW.

LOL

Knew it...Chinese and India
Right?

Last I checked actual racists (not the ones you guys call racists, i.e., everyone to the right of Mitt Romney) really don't differentiate between Indians, Chinese, and other minorities.

Private Schools had better be superior to public schools. If not, why would parents be spending thousands of dollars to send their kids there?

But many parents are not sending their kid to private school out of concern for their education. They are concerned about the type of students their children will interact with. Blacks, minorities, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, kids from poor families and the wrong side of the tracks

That is why kids get shipped off to private school

my Catholic school's classes back in the 80's were about 1/8 non-catholic, mostly Hindus and Buddhists. They wanted the discipline that came from Catholic Education, and were not concerned about the Religious teachings.

I remember the kids in my neighborhood who went to Catholic School. The parents would tell my parents that they wanted their children to receive a good Catholic School education. When we asked the kids why they went to Catholic School, the kids would tell us that their daddy doesn't like that so many negroes went to the public school

Obvious lie. Provide some evidence, or stop making shit up to fit your lefty fantasies.

I remember the kids in my neighborhood who went to Catholic School. The parents would tell my parents that they wanted their children to receive a good Catholic School education. When we asked the kids why they went to Catholic School, the kids would tell us that their daddy doesn't like that so many negroes went to the public school

At the school my kids attended, there was a higher percentage minority student population than the public schools. We are close to a number of those families still.
Which minority?

Well there are a lot of Filipinos and Hispanics that use Catholic Schools, so does that bother you?

As I wrote yesterday the failure of public school students fall on the parent and not the school nor the damn government...

Parents that send their child to private schools tend to be more active in their child education unlike public school parents.

So before bashing private schools and making claims why some parents send their kids to private school maybe the public education supporters should ask why so many parents refuse to partake in their child education?

That is my personal opinion when it come to parents that use Public Education for their children...

Tenure also seems a bit redundant, with unions involved these days. Tenure was meant to protect teachers in there jobs, but seems to demotivate more than what its intend purpose was.

Stupid parents produce stupid children.

It's the raw material that is as much a problem as the schools. When the majority of kids are stupid and teachers teach to the common denominator, it guarantees that any kid who is at all bright will be bored out of their mind.

Private Schools had better be superior to public schools. If not, why would parents be spending thousands of dollars to send their kids there?

But many parents are not sending their kid to private school out of concern for their education. They are concerned about the type of students their children will interact with. Blacks, minorities, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, kids from poor families and the wrong side of the tracks

Negative. People send their kids to private schools to first, get a better education and second, to avoid the liberal indoctrination so prevalent in public education these days.

my Catholic school's classes back in the 80's were about 1/8 non-catholic, mostly Hindus and Buddhists. They wanted the discipline that came from Catholic Education, and were not concerned about the Religious teachings.

Obvious lie. Provide some evidence, or stop making shit up to fit your lefty fantasies.

FAIL

Negative. People send their kids to private schools to first, get a better education and second, to avoid the liberal indoctrination so prevalent in public education these days.

A lot of private schools are pretty liberal too.

FAIL

No evidence, no support for your claim _ AGAIN.

A lot of private schools are pretty liberal too.

Indeed, but at least you get a CHOICE of which private school you use. Not so with public.......and note that the left is not in favor of choice unless it is same sex marriage or killing babies in the womb. Then they are all over it.

At the school my kids attended, there was a higher percentage minority student population than the public schools. We are close to a number of those families still.
Which minority?

Asians are not a minority or not an acceptable minority?

Proof?
Wrong

What? How can a @unkatore's request be declared wrong? It's a request for information, not a statement of any sort. One need not agree or disagree with whatever is in @unkatore's head to know that he can't be right or wrong by asking for the proof that supports your claim.

Frankly, I too am wondering where you come up with the basis for your claim, rightwinger. Below are some of the best schools to which one can "ship off" one's kids. Each of them is the kind of place only the best and brightest students go and to which the country's most elite families -- the kinds of families that might plausibly have both the will and wherewithall to send their kids there for, among other reasons, the purpose you noted -- have long sent their kids.
You can look through the list of boarding schools found here and see what their diversity scores are. Looking at that list, and assuming your assertion were correct, parents would have to be literally oblivious to the facts of the student body's composition at those schools in order to think that by sending their kids to them, they'll, as you've implied, limit their kid's interaction with and to children from various religious and ethnic minorities.

I went to an ESA school. My kids went to them as well. When I was there (1970s), yes, the student body was WASP. Period. These days, not so much. One need only look at the photos on the schools' home pages and community life pages to see as much. Here is a video of the kids who attended Andover's prom. That doesn't look like a dearth of diversity to me.

Here's the golf team. One third of the students on the team are ethnic minorities.

Golf%204.JPG

This is one time when I believe you have made a claim based on what you think to be so, not based on what is so. Maybe you are indeed right, but regarding the boarding schools I'm personally familiar with -- a few ESA schools (New England), Georgetown Prep (MD) and St. Albans (DC) -- I don't see it, but maybe the sample from which I've drawn insight is not representative. Obviously there will be variability in the diversity found among the entirety of boarding schools.

BS there pal. It was solely for a better education, which was delivered. I have witnessed parents that hoped a private school would "fix" their kid. It does not, parents make the difference there.

Public school teachers (at least in my state) are more qualified than private teachers. This is because we have more hoops to jump through, get evaluated more closely, etc. Private school teachers have the luxury of caring parents for all students, public school parents get the caring of some parents-but certainly not all. People I know who teach at private schools don't have to deal with student involved with gangs as much as I do.

Relevant information:

"About 11 percent of all parents -- nationwide, rural and urban -- send their children to private schools. The numbers are much higher in urban areas. One study found that in Philadelphia a staggering 44 percent of public school teachers send their own kids to private schools. In Cincinnati and Chicago, 41 and 39 percent of public school teachers, respectively, pay for a private school education for their children. In Rochester, New York, it's 38 percent. In Baltimore it's 35 percent, San Francisco is 34 percent and New York-Northeastern New Jersey is 33 percent. In Los Angeles nearly 25 percent of public school teachers send their kids to private school versus 16 percent of Angelenos who do so."

Not many public school teachers have household incomes that easily support private school tuition, so one might reasonably infer that the numbers above are IN SPITE OF the fact that private school tuition is quite burdensome to these teacher-parents.

I went to 12 years of parochial school and turned out wonderful. I live in a "good" public school district where more than half of the households are headed by two college graduates. I sent my son to a private high school for a year, after which my son said, "This is crazy. The public school is just as good, and it's 'free.'"

Maybe not a typical situation.

Private schools are usually non-union. End of discussion.

If a private school teacher does not "produce" s/he is gone. If a public school teacher sucks, s/he will continue to infect the school system like a long-living social disease, until the public is forced to pay for a generous and lengthy retirement.

This factor CANNOT be overlooked, as it is a MAJOR difference between public and private schools.

....that people are quick to ridicule public schools, public school systems, and just about anything else having to do with the state provision of K-12 education? On the other hand, one, I at least, rarely, if ever, sees folks griping about private schools, at least not while their kids are in the private school in question.

I have on occasion hear parents grumble about how a given private school really didn't educate their kid any better than would have the public school the child could have attended, but that seems to only happen after the kid gets to college and it then becomes apparent that the kid isn't nearly as well prepared as the parents would have expected or surmised based on the kid's performance at the private school.

That a rather strange phenomenon, IMO, because there are plenty of private schools that really aren't materially better than their neighboring public schools, yet one must necessarily pay for both schools if one sends one's child to private school. I'd think parents would pitch fits while their child is in school rather than wait until the kid finishes and then complain.

The idea behind all of this public vs charter vs private education stuff, is an agenda to break the teacher's unions and bring in agenda driven education. It's part of doing away with public employee unions in order to privatize services and reduce liability.

BS there pal. It was solely for a better education, which was delivered. I have witnessed parents that hoped a private school would "fix" their kid. It does not, parents make the difference there.

I think parental involvement makes the difference no matter the type of school.

....that people are quick to ridicule public schools, public school systems, and just about anything else having to do with the state provision of K-12 education? On the other hand, one, I at least, rarely, if ever, sees folks griping about private schools, at least not while their kids are in the private school in question.

I have on occasion hear parents grumble about how a given private school really didn't educate their kid any better than would have the public school the child could have attended, but that seems to only happen after the kid gets to college and it then becomes apparent that the kid isn't nearly as well prepared as the parents would have expected or surmised based on the kid's performance at the private school.

That's a rather strange phenomenon, IMO, because there are plenty of private schools that really aren't materially better than their neighboring public schools, yet one must necessarily pay for both schools if one sends one's child to private school. I'd think parents would pitch fits while their child is in school rather than wait until the kid finishes and then complain.

Three kids from private school here. One Chemistry and two Math degrees. Did you have a valid point or just trolling?

See emboldened text above. In those statements/clauses, you'll find the point of the OP.

Do you not recognize one's sharing an observation when you see it? Seemingly not....

Three kids from private school here. One Chemistry and two Math degrees.

Have you in mind a baccalaureate or graduate educational program? Or perhaps a high school program from a non-U.S. nation? I'm asking because you wrote "degree" and in the U.S., that term refers to one's achievement at college/university, not in K-12, which is the context noted expressly in the OP.

Also, am I talking to three people using one USMB ID, or are you not three people; thus you mean something other than what you actually wrote?

Forum List

Back