Have the Americans accepted that gun crime is a price worth paying to be able to hold arms?

No, it's that we are smart enough to know that guns aren't the problem.

OK. If guns aren't the problem, then what is? More people die by guns in the US than in other first world country s
GunDeaths.gif

More people under 26 die from guns than die from cars
CapGuns.png

We spend millions every year studying auto safety and ways to reduce auto deaths, but we are prohibited by laws advocated by the NRA and pushed through by right wingers from even keeping statistics on gun violence. We are prohibited by law from even studying the problem. Are you satisfied with more than 32,000 people per year dying from gun violence?

That is an easy question to answer though being a left wing nutter you probably won't accept it.

If it isn't the guns what is it?
Our violent and fame (infamy) worshipping society.

I'm sure that has something to do with it, but that can't be the entire reason. That many American deaths per year deserve honest study and some attempt to reduce the loss. Why is the NRA so opposed to that?

The NRA is not opposed to it. It never has been. the problem is that no one ever does the study. They ONLY look at the guns. Just having a gun doesn't make you a killer. We need to look at why someone crosses that line. The problem is that it doesn't advance an agenda and therefor has no political benefit to find out.

unitl we stop looking at the "how' and start looking at the "why", these murders will continue and no amount of laws will stop them.

Sure they are
Congressional ban on gun violence research renewed - Business Insider

Exactly proving my point. They are not looking at the "why" they are only looking at the "how". The NRA is rightfully fighting that. It is not an "honest study" as you claim the NRA opposes. It doesn't oppose an honest study into why this country has such a problem with violence.

The question asked in the O/P should be posed to the family members of the victims...Lets see how they feel if the "price" they paid was worth the freedom of expression of the gun manufacturers' lobbyists and the NRA.

Typical bull shit from left wing nutters like you. The NRA, more than anything else, represents people. Millions and millions of members. You make up that shit just to avoid the truth.

The question asked in the O/P should be posed to the family members of the victims...Lets see how they feel if the "price" they paid was worth the freedom of expression of the gun manufacturers' lobbyists and the NRA.

Typical bull shit from left wing nutters like you. The NRA, more than anything else, represents people. Millions and millions of members. You make up that shit just to avoid the truth.

About 4 million members out of 70 million Americans. I don't see that as a large number in comparison. Do you?

About 4 million members out of 70 million Americans. I don't see that as a large number in comparison. Do you?

Irrelevant. He claims the NRA only represents gun manufacturers.

So you admit they don't really have many members. Now, as for the representing gun manufacturers. Are you saying they don't?

Just a few more active brain cells, and you TOO would realize that the NRA is beholden to the "donations" made to them by the gun manufacturers who DREAD any slowing down of sales of their assualt weapons supposedly used to hunt for Bambis.

In its early days, the National Rifle Association was a grassroots social club that prided itself on independence from corporate influence.
While that is still part of the organization's core function, today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.

The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.
Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom [sic] sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Sear Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.

In its early days, the National Rifle Association was a grassroots social club that prided itself on independence from corporate influence.
While that is still part of the organization's core function, today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.

The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.
Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom [sic] sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Sear Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.

I guess PredFan doesn't like facts (its a recurring and debilitating condition among right wingers.)

So you admit they don't really have many members. Now, as for the representing gun manufacturers. Are you saying they don't?

Wtf? By your own admission they have 4 million. That's a lot. And no I'm not saying they don't. How are you getting confused here?

Just a few more active brain cells, and you TOO would realize that the NRA is beholden to the "donations" made to them by the gun manufacturers who DREAD any slowing down of sales of their assualt weapons supposedly used to hunt for Bambis.

You just keep making shit up don't you moron? I guess that's how you justify your ignorant positions.

The desires and goals of the gun manufacturers is exactly the same as the desires and goals of the members of the NRA. Now go away, you are too stupid to talk to.

I guess PredFan doesn't like facts (its a recurring and debilitating condition among right wingers.)

No moron, unlike you I have a life and can't be on the internet trying to educate idiots like yourself 24/7.

No moron, unlike you I have a life and can't be on the internet trying to educate idiots like yourself 24/7.

........................Its kind of "cute" to see you throwing a tantrum after having had your ass handed to you...:dance:

Guns are part of my way of life. They have always been a part of the generations before me. We pass them down as we expire

The confederate flag was taken from us, but it lacked a Bill of Rights protection

They'll never take our guns. To many lives would be lost doing so. We can take the deaths in Chicago and sleep at night. Try taking Americans firearms is akin to a the logistical nightmare we're told deportation would be

Again, to many lives would be lost in a confiscation process

Plus, we wont let it happen

-Geaux

When I see a bumper sticker that says, "When guns are confiscated they will take my gun from my cold, dead hands," it seems like a good idea.

Guns are a sick brutal fascination of sick, brutal men.

"Have the Americans accepted that gun crime is a price worth paying to be able to hold arms?"
The realists among them have said [mass killings] are the price they are prepared to pay.

I say it all the time. It's acceptable risk to live in America.....At least for now.. Let Obama destroy a little more of the American way, and perhaps, we won't accept the risk any longer

We'll move to Belize

-Geaux

I do not think any other country wants an influx of loathsome, right wing gun lovers, certainly no civilized country.

Guns are part of my way of life. They have always been a part of the generations before me. We pass them down as we expire

The confederate flag was taken from us, but it lacked a Bill of Rights protection

They'll never take our guns. To many lives would be lost doing so. We can take the deaths in Chicago and sleep at night. Try taking Americans firearms is akin to a the logistical nightmare we're told deportation would be

-Geaux

When I see a bumper sticker that says, "When guns are confiscated they will take my gun from my cold, dead hands," it seems like a good idea.

lol, I'm a woman and I love guns. what does that make me? good grief
some people are fascinated with knives, swords, cars, and all those can be used for killing. are those a sick brutal fascination of sick people?

-Geaux

some people are fascinated with knives, swords, cars, and all those can be used for killing. are those a sick brutal fascination of sick people?

Gun lovers are disgusting. I want the government to punish those disgusting people by repealing the Second Amendment and confiscating privately owned guns. I favor confiscation without compensation. The private ownership of a gun should be an extremely serious offense, severely punished.

In civilized countries even conservatives ask, "Why would anyone want to own a gun?"

The American love affair with the gun is a symptom of a sick society.

"Have the Americans accepted that gun crime is a price worth paying to be able to hold arms?"

Loaded question fallacy.

This is a mental health issue, not a 'gun' issue, having nothing to do with gun control, gun laws, or the Second Amendment.

There are two fundamental elements in play with this and other like incidents: the unwillingness or inability of Americans to implement comprehensive mental health programs and policies, and the inherently violent nature of American society, where violence is perceived as a legitimate means of conflict resolution.

Second Amendment jurisprudence in no way 'facilitates' gun violence, it concerns solely safeguarding the right to possess a firearm pursuant to the right of self-defense from unwarranted government regulation and interference – and rightfully so given the wrongheaded notion that crimes such as that which occurred in Oregon are the result of 'too many guns' that are 'too easily' acquired.

The resolution to this problem will be realized through the political – not legal – process, where the American people must insist in the funding and implementation of comprehensive mental health programs and policies and address the violent nature of American society.

I agree. This is an issue mainly about the nature of US society.

The problem is we know that the politicians won't do anything useful about this.

We know most people on this forum won't demand something useful be done.

The left will scream only about guns and demand this and that, generally that guns are banned, and the right will scream at the left and insult them and ignore everything else.

Downhill goes the USA.

-Geaux

Gun lovers are disgusting. I want the government to punish those disgusting people by repealing the Second Amendment and confiscating privately owned guns. I favor confiscation without compensation. The private ownership of a gun should be an extremely serious offense, severely punished.

In civilized countries even conservatives ask, "Why would anyone want to own a gun?"

The American love affair with the gun is a symptom of a sick society.
well I guess it's a good thing you don't live here. Each to their own. so what do you think abortion does for a Society, MAKE IT HEALTHY?

Forum List

Back