Haunted Hotels

The Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego is a well known haunted hotel:

518240-beach-hotel-del-coronado-san-diego.jpg

The most celebrated ghost there is that of Kate Morgan...

Btw, for anybody who doesn't know,.. The Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for Stephen King's The Shinning so that's what is with all the redrum stuff. :badgrin: (Which I don't know who doesn't know that, but I just wanted to point that out,.. along with redrum is murder spelled backwards, and if any door had that written on it I would get the heck out of there,.. not like I would go there in the first place but,...)

The exterior shots in The Shining were filmed at the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon...

I've always wanted to go on a Haunted Vacation and visit the most haunted places in America.

You can visit Skinwalker Ranch in Utah. it is said to be filled with paranormal activity with ghosts, bigfoot, werewolves, UFOs, and other strange things. there is supposedly a portal there. Skinwalker Ranch - Wikipedia

You can visit Skinwalker Ranch in Utah. it is said to be filled with paranormal activity with ghosts, bigfoot, werewolves, UFOs, and other strange things. there is supposedly a portal there. Skinwalker Ranch - Wikipedia

I watch that TV show about the scientists who are using experiments to find out whats going on.
And yes, I'd LOVE to visit that place!!!!

That's my hometown, I've stayed there, and never heard about that.

Seriously?

Did you live in San Diego or Coronado (not that it really matters)?

I used to live in Ocean Beach, and then La Mesa and El Cajon.

The Whaley House in Old Town was once called the most haunted house in America by Life Magazine. Having been there several times, I would agree...

Seriously?

Did you live in San Diego or Coronado (not that it really matters)?

I used to live in Ocean Beach, and then La Mesa and El Cajon.

The Whaley House in Old Town was once called the most haunted house in America by Life Magazine. Having been there several times, I would agree...

I was born in San Diego when it was a growing military town, back in the 50's and lived there until around 1985. I loved it there, however job relocations are sometimes a necessary sacrifice.

I recall going out to Mission Beach(Belmont Park) amusement park and also when they built the Coronado Bridge.

At one point, I also lived in La Mesa, just off of Baltimore Drive, and the last place that I lived was in Mission Hills fairly close to Old Town and Presidio Park.
I've stayed at the Hotel Del a number of times in one of their cottages facing the beachfront. Haven't been there to stay since just before the pandemic.

As far other haunted hotels in and around San Diego, I've heard quite a few stories about the U.S. Grant Hotel in the downtown area.
My grandmother once worked there.

I was born in San Diego when it was a growing military town, back in the 50's and lived there until around 1985. I loved it there, however job relocations are sometimes a necessary sacrifice.

I recall going out to Mission Beach(Belmont Park) amusement park and also when they built the Coronado Bridge.

At one point, I also lived in La Mesa, just off of Baltimore Drive, and the last place that I lived was in Mission Hills fairly close to Old Town and Presidio Park.
I've stayed at the Hotel Del a number of times in one of their cottages facing the beachfront. Haven't been there to stay since just before the pandemic.

As far other haunted hotels in and around San Diego, I've heard quite a few stories about the U.S. Grant Hotel in the downtown area.
My grandmother once worked there.

Cool.

I used to live in La Mesa, as well, on Harbinson Avenue, between El Cajon and University. We moved from there to Fletcher Hills, where we lived for about five years before buying a house in Santee.

The U.S. Grant is definitely rumored to be haunted and, while not a hotel, the Whaley House in Old Town most certainly is...

Cool.

I used to live in La Mesa, as well, on Harbinson Avenue, between El Cajon and University. We moved from there to Fletcher Hills, where we lived for about five years before buying a house in Santee.

The U.S. Grant is definitely rumored to be haunted and, while not a hotel, the Whaley House in Old Town most certainly is...

I remember Fletcher Hills. There used to be mall near there called Grossmont Center, I think.
Speaking of Santee, did you ever hear of a former MLB player that went to Santee High, named Terry Forester?

I've been all over Old Town, some of my favorite restaraunts are near there, but I've never stayed at the Whaley House.

My grandmother worked at the U.S. Grant back in the early 60's and I remember her saying she was afraid of the "5th Floor".

Supposedly, there is a "presence" on that floor that has been seen on numerous occasions over many years.

I remember Fletcher Hills. There used to be mall near there called Grossmont Center, I think.

Yep, that's the one. It's still there...

Speaking of Santee, did you ever hear of a former MLB player that went to Santee High, named Terry Forester?

It was actually Santana High School in Santee. My daughter graduated from Santana in 2004. Forester graduated from there somewhat earlier.

:auiqs.jpg:

We lived two blocks from the school...

I've been all over Old Town, some of my favorite restaraunts are near there, but I've never stayed at the Whaley House.

As I said earlier, it's not a hotel. That said, they do offer overnight ghost hunting programs. I never did one, but was always tempted. I've seen some weird shit in that house...

My grandmother worked at the U.S. Grant back in the early 60's and I remember her saying she was afraid of the "5th Floor".

Supposedly, there is a "presence" on that floor that has been seen on numerous occasions over many years.

I remember that, too. I only ever stepped foot in the Grant once. I made it as far as the lobby. I was picking up an artist who was performing at the Balboa Theater...

Yep, that's the one. It's still there...

It was actually Santana High School in Santee. My daughter graduated from Santana in 2004. Forester graduated from there somewhat earlier.

:auiqs.jpg:

We lived two blocks from the school...

As I said earlier, it's not a hotel. That said, they do offer overnight ghost hunting programs. I never did one, but was always tempted. I've seen some weird shit in that house...

I remember that, too. I only ever stepped foot in the Grant once. I made it as far as the lobby. I was picking up an artist who was performing at the Balboa Theater...

Actually I meant Santana High, I just remembered the area of Santee. I worked with Terry's older brother Gary, at a part time job while still in high school, and went with him once to watch Terry at a tryout. Poor guy got stabbed to death in a bar out in Santee some years later.

Forum List

Back