Hatred Of Liberals Is All That’s Left Of Conservatism

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
When you ask the typical Trump supporter what they love about him, they don’t mention some substantive policy position; what they say is that he is a fighter. The petty squabbles, the insulting tweets, the deranged conspiracy theories — the things that the Never Trumpers and most other Americans find off-putting are exactly what endears him to the Republican base.

Trump fights and fights, angrily, bitterly, endlessly driven forward by his hatred of the people his supporters hate. That’s what the base loves, and every other Republican knows it.

And it will end many careers over the next few years. To win elections you have to be for something, and the talking points of AM radio and Fox News has grown tired and old and will not sell with the up coming generations.

When you ask the typical Trump supporter what they love about him, they don’t mention some substantive policy position; what they say is that he is a fighter. The petty squabbles, the insulting tweets, the deranged conspiracy theories — the things that the Never Trumpers and most other Americans find off-putting are exactly what endears him to the Republican base.

Trump fights and fights, angrily, bitterly, endlessly driven forward by his hatred of the people his supporters hate. That’s what the base loves, and every other Republican knows it.

And it will end many careers over the next few years. To win elections you have to be for something, and the talking points of AM radio and Fox News has grown tired and old and will not sell with the up coming generations.
We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you.

That and the hatred and distrust of anyone different. In other words, if you're white, heterosexual, if you own a gun, if you believe in God then you're one of them. From there on down, it's just varying degrees of GFY. Trump just came along and allowed the years of grievance that was bubbling under the surface to be spoken out loud.

Nonsense-----Trump is the ACCOMPLISHMENT president--which just eats you up doesn't it. From not starting any new Middle east wars and pulling our troops slowly out, to recognizing of Israels capital, to building the wall, to the economy, to not spreading disease like the libs did with Covid in nursing homes to allowing the always disease illegals and moochers in and so much more---Trump has hundreds of accomplishments that helped the US.

I've thought a bit about Trump and his base over the past few years and it caused a lot of self reflection. How would I react if Democrats elected a Trump-Like figure, someone not really all that interested in governing and just there to "own the cons"? Would I revel in it the way Trumpsters do or would I lament the loss of political norms? How many times did I want Obama to go all "Ving Rains" on Republicans? (Granted, it was usually when Republicans were being especially obstructionist, but still).

Well, I hope I never have to test myself and that Democrats keep electing normal, policy driven, candidates.

Trump-haters are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

There are no true liberals anymore, and while Trump's base may be Republican, many Independent's such as myself proudly support him for lots and lots of reasons.

Your thread is as worthless as is the Washington Post article it's based on.

Last edited:
Many people use the word, "unbelievable" promiscuously. They use it to describe something that is just out of the ordinary.

This posting is unbelievable. (A) Even Trump's most ardent supporters focus on his ACCOMPLISHMENTS, and downplay his personality abnormalities. The OP is delusional. (B). Joe Biden, carrying the baggage of possibly the worst running mate in the past hundred years - totally rejected BY HER OWN PARTY - just "won" a presidential election simply because he is NOT Donald Trump. Period. Substantive issues? Most of America is, or would be, appalled at every position articulated in the Democrat platform.

Truly, this is an unbelievable OP. Is it a gag?

I've thought a bit about Trump and his base over the past few years and it caused a lot of self reflection. How would I react if Democrats elected a Trump-Like figure, someone not really all that interested in governing and just there to "own the cons"? Would I revel in it the way Trumpsters do or would I lament the loss of political norms? How many times did I want Obama to go all "Ving Rains" on Republicans? (Granted, it was usually when Republicans were being especially obstructionist, but still).

Well, I hope I never have to test myself and that Democrats keep electing normal, policy driven, candidates.
when have they ever started?.....

theres nothing liberal about the democrat party,, they are pure authoritarians hell bent on destroying freedom to world over,,

Nonsense-----Trump is the ACCOMPLISHMENT president--which just eats you up doesn't it. From not starting any new Middle east wars and pulling our troops slowly out, to recognizing of Israels capital, to building the wall, to the economy, to not spreading disease like the libs did with Covid in nursing homes to allowing the always disease illegals and moochers in and so much more---Trump has hundreds of accomplishments that helped the US.

Accomplishments? There are more Americans dead under his watch than since the Civil War. We are in the worse recession since the 1930s, he will be the first President to have lost more jobs than Hoover on his way out. He didn’t recognize anything in Israel, he pandered to them, because licking foreign asshole is what he does. He is responsible for those deaths in nursing home because of his lack of respond and denying the virus even existed.

Trump has no accomplishments. He is a failed, impeached, one term loser, that will be in prison in the next year. You cultists can send him junk food money to his prison account, and hang outside and chant.

Hatred of all things Trump and the right is all that you guys have, so why do you think you're so different. Your both just two sides of the same coin.
Except Biden didn't run and was not elected on that platform was he? Trump did run on the platform of "hate the dems".

Hatred of all things Trump and the right is all that you guys have, so why do you think you're so different. Your both just two sides of the same coin.
Except Biden didn't run and was not elected on that platform was he? Trump did run on the platform of "hate the dems".

That's bullshit. The only platform you Democrats had this election was being driven by your intense hatred for Donald Trump and his supporters.

That and the hatred and distrust of anyone different. In other words, if you're white, heterosexual, if you own a gun, if you believe in God then you're one of them.

Is that better or worse than....’if you’re dark, and or homosexual, and or weird and abnormal, and or WOKE, if you hate guns God and America as it’s always been then you’re a Liberal Democrat’?

Such is the contrarian conservative: everything must be blindly opposed – no matter how wrong or unwarranted that opposition might be.

For conservatives it’s not about facts or the truth, it’s about undermining the political process, it’s about dividing the American people, and its about advancing their agenda of fear, ignorance, and hate.

Forum List

Back