Has outsourcing killed Boeing?

It is funny seeing liberals blame Boeing's problems on out-sourcing when unions are killing it from the inside just like.....GM.

Boeing had to keep their union scum employed in Washington in order to move jobs to SC to save money.....insane.

Most of us unionized workers at Kennedy Space Center are a huge reason why America is and will continue to be the leader of the pack when it comes to space flight.

You are being sarcastic, right? We don't have a space flight program any more. We hitch rides from the Russians.

It is funny seeing liberals blame Boeing's problems on out-sourcing when unions are killing it from the inside just like.....GM.

Boeing had to keep their union scum employed in Washington in order to move jobs to SC to save money.....insane.

It's funny seeing liberals blaming Boeing's problems on outsourcing when the problems are the same lithium ion batteries that's in the Volt.

Well, of course. Silly me! Why SHOULD anyone need to read a linked article that is THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD before commenting.

Gee..what WAS I thinking?

You are deflecting.

I was addressing your asinine notion that 'efficiency' was not a huge reason for outsourcing.

Dumbass.

I'm the one deflecting? LOL

Quit squirming and get on with the subject.

As long as we both now understand that the need for efficiency is a primary driver for outsourcing, you may Kerry on.

LMAO.

You are deflecting.

I was addressing your asinine notion that 'efficiency' was not a huge reason for outsourcing.

Dumbass.

As long as we both now understand that the need for efficiency is a primary driver for outsourcing, you may Kerry on.

LMAO.

By your definition of efficiency, which apparently includes just about everything according a post of yours above, I suppose we can agree.

However, by anyone else's definition, we'd have to disagree.

So..let's move beyond that and see if we can agree that THE primary reason for outsourcing is reducing cost. Can we?

LMAO.

By your definition of efficiency, which apparently includes just about everything according a post of yours above, I suppose we can agree.

However, by anyone else's definition, we'd have to disagree.

So..let's move beyond that and see if we can agree that THE primary reason for outsourcing is reducing cost. Can we?

That you 'agree' with the obvious truth of the matter is irrelevant.

LOL

Most of the union workers at boeing are trained monkeys putting nuts and bolts on their aircraft, etc. They force Boeing into long term contracts putting Boeing's balls in a vice in a competitive worldwide aerospace industry.

Meanwhile, people like me with college degrees...the scientists, engineers, experienced military contractors....work on shorter contracts and are more easily laid off than the lower educated union monkeys working on the planes built by the Boeing engineers on individual contracts.

This shows how corrupt unions are, it is a mob of lower skilled and lower educated goons that hold a company hostage based on sheer numbers because most of them would never make their current salaries in the free market outside a Boeing plant. Meanwhile the college educated professionals aren't holding a gun to Boeing's head because they work as individuals within the company and come/go at will.

Anybody read the link?

The part where Boeing management gives up the carbon fiber technology for construction of aircraft wings to the Japanese company. So they (Japanese) can be the leader in the world of carbon fiber wing construction. A lead we used to enjoy.

How was that the unions fault. And how was that good for Boeing?

And if you didn't read the article...........well you know what? Read it.

And to call the Internationl Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers a bunch of monkeys kinda shows.....again.....how fuking stupid you are beserker. When Boeing did all their production with union members, how many times was their fleets of new planes grounded?? Anyone know??

They are a bunch of trained monkeys compared to the engineers that design the airplane, you stupid fuck.

The lunacy is the union monkeys demand long term guranteed contracts or else they shutdown the plant, whereas the engineers that really make the planes are on salaries that can be terminated on the spot.

Scum like you support a world where the trained monkey has more job security because of the mob compared to the more educated and more important engineers behind the entire operation.

Let's give you and the trained monkeys without the help of engineers a challenge to design and build the next generation aircraft that needs to meet certain specs .....I see a monkey and a football.

Anybody read the link?

The part where Boeing management gives up the carbon fiber technology for construction of aircraft wings to the Japanese company. So they (Japanese) can be the leader in the world of carbon fiber wing construction. A lead we used to enjoy.

And to call the Internationl Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers a bunch of monkeys kinda shows.....again.....how fuking stupid you are beserker. When Boeing did all their production with union members, how many times was their fleets of new planes grounded?? Anyone know??

Last edited:
Most of the union workers at boeing are trained monkeys putting nuts and bolts on their aircraft, etc. They force Boeing into long term contracts putting Boeing's balls in a vice in a competitive worldwide aerospace industry.

Meanwhile, people like me with college degrees...the scientists, engineers, experienced military contractors....work on shorter contracts and are more easily laid off than the lower educated union monkeys working on the planes built by the Boeing engineers on individual contracts.

This shows how corrupt unions are, it is a mob of lower skilled and lower educated goons that hold a company hostage based on sheer numbers because most of them would never make their current salaries in the free market outside a Boeing plant. Meanwhile the college educated professionals aren't holding a gun to Boeing's head because they work as individuals within the company and come/go at will.

LMAO. Dude, there are no other people like you with college degrees. At least I hope that's the case. Doesn't speak well of college.

And of course Boeing subs out engineer work. Why keep a hundred thousand dollar engineer sitting on his ass all day doing nothing. At least the union guys on the shop floor have something constructive to do, even if it is sweep the floor. Good luck getting an engineer to do anything else below his "pay grade".

Quit whining. You are overpaid no matter how much you get.

Anybody read the link?

Beyond the obvious fact that they have fewer Union monkeys to deal with by outsourcing, they also get.... wait for it..... wait for it...... about 80% of Japan's aircraft business.

They are a bunch of trained monkeys compared to the engineers that design the airplane, you stupid fuck.

The lunacy is the union monkeys demand long term guranteed contracts or else they shutdown the plant, whereas the engineers that really make the planes are on salaries that can be terminated on the spot.

Scum like you support a world where the trained monkey has more job security because of the mob compared to the more educated and more important engineers behind the entire operation.

Let's give you and the trained monkeys without the help of engineers a challenge to design and build the next generation aircraft that needs to meet certain specs .....I see a monkey and a football.

Anybody read the link?

Berzerker you dumb fuk. YOU have never worked with an engineer or on a manufacturing floor. Know how I know. CAUSE YOU SOUND SO FUKING STUPID TALKING ABOUT IT.

WTF is wrong with you? Off your meds? Do you even know what a tool maker is? Know what a machinist does? Welders? Electrician?

You my man really are a fuking idiot.

Asswipe...the engineers are BOEING employees. They are not all sub-contractors, shithead.

Boeing is not going to bring in sub-contractors to design aircraft, missiles, satellites. Boeing uses sub-contractors when they get some DoD contracts they can't handle on their own...so they take a little profit off the top then give the contract to the sub-contractor company.

It is not shocking you never saw the inside of a college classroom....your posts ooooooze stupidity.

LMAO. Dude, there are no other people like you with college degrees. At least I hope that's the case. Doesn't speak well of college.

And of course Boeing subs out engineer work. Why keep a hundred thousand dollar engineer sitting on his ass all day doing nothing. At least the union guys on the shop floor have something constructive to do, even if it is sweep the floor. Good luck getting an engineer to do anything else below his "pay grade".

Quit whining. You are overpaid no matter how much you get.

This author thinks Boeing's decision to outsource 70% of the 787 Dreamliner has resulted in the company handing the Japanese a technological advantage which will leave Boeing in the dust.

Once again, a short-term, bottom line goal and deliberate union-busting may lead to another key American industry falling behind.

Yeah, you can do things cheaper overseas and turn a quick profit, but what about the future? Does anybody care anymore?

What Went Wrong at Boeing: My Two Cents - Forbes

Boeing's downward spiral started with they tried to shortchange their Engineers because they thought the Engineer's Guild was not a union, and could not bargain for them. The Engineers went on strike, Boeing replaced them with consultants, and found in short order, the outside consultants simply could not do the work. And settled that strike on the Engineers terms. Then, shortly afterward, moved the headquarters of Boeing from Seattle to Chicago. And it has been downhill for Boeing every since.

A management more interested in busting unions than in making airplanes.

Uh, I have worked as and led engineers....you stupid fuck.

I am not impressed you work in a factory and are told when to work and not work when some alarm goes off.....trained monkey,:badgrin:

Anybody read the link?

Berzerker you dumb fuk. YOU have never worked with an engineer or on a manufacturing floor. Know how I know. CAUSE YOU SOUND SO FUKING STUPID TALKING ABOUT IT.

WTF is wrong with you? Off your meds? Do you even know what a tool maker is? Know what a machinist does? Welders? Electrician?

You my man really are a fuking idiot.

All this is the more piquant because Mitsubishi seems to be planning in the long run to enter the fray as a direct competitor to Boeing and Airbus in building full-size commercial jetliners. Already Mitsubishi is working with Toyota Motor to launch a 90-seat regional jetliner in 2017. (from the link)

Snippy, you are as fuking stupid as the bezerker. But you don't care. You actually seem to like showing off your stupidity. Carry on.

This author thinks Boeing's decision to outsource 70% of the 787 Dreamliner has resulted in the company handing the Japanese a technological advantage which will leave Boeing in the dust.

Once again, a short-term, bottom line goal and deliberate union-busting may lead to another key American industry falling behind.

Yeah, you can do things cheaper overseas and turn a quick profit, but what about the future? Does anybody care anymore?

What Went Wrong at Boeing: My Two Cents - Forbes

Boeing's downward spiral started with they tried to shortchange their Engineers because they thought the Engineer's Guild was not a union, and could not bargain for them. The Engineers went on strike, Boeing replaced them with consultants, and found in short order, the outside consultants simply could not do the work. And settled that strike on the Engineers terms. Then, shortly afterward, moved the headquarters of Boeing from Seattle to Chicago. And it has been downhill for Boeing every since.

A management more interested in busting unions than in making airplanes.

Interesting.

Do you believe they fought the Unions and moved the HQ with the goal of making FEWER planes, then?

Or was that just stupid soundbite shit the Libtards say?

Forum List

Back