Has Glenn Beck started a new Great Awakening?

Anytime this country or colonies decides we are not religious or patriotic enough, and have a " Great Awakening", people end up wrongfully accused of crimes, dead, or in jail. So I am sorry I am not real excited about the christians feeling that we need to turn back to God. If you want to embrace God, and follow some pledge, so be it. Just don't try to make me do it. And if I don't do it, don't accuse me of being a communist or a witch.

You mean like the accusations you guys make against Beck?

No one is forcing you to do anything.

What exactly are those? That he speaks words of hate? I think I have already proved he does, a few times. You might agree with him, but when you accuse people of being communists or racists with no proof, you are spreading hate and lies also. When you say people that are losing their houses might hate America, only because they live in California, you are speaking words of hate. When you talk about hating victims families, you are speaking words of hate. Let me know when I FALSELY accuse Beck of something, because I am sure have not yet.
People may not be forcing me to do anything, but history has proven anytime Christians feel we are not Christian enough, people end up dead or in jail.

Last edited:
Sorry to start another Beck thread. But I think it might be nice to address the religious aspect of everything that's happened over the weekend.

I think he just reignited something. And the Black Robe Regiment is going to be incredibly influencial in the coming years if they even do a fraction of what they pledge they will do.

It may be too early to see the effects, but this may have long term consequences for us and our nation.

For Mormonism or Christianity?

Sorry to start another Beck thread. But I think it might be nice to address the religious aspect of everything that's happened over the weekend.

I think he just reignited something. And the Black Robe Regiment is going to be incredibly influencial in the coming years if they even do a fraction of what they pledge they will do.

It may be too early to see the effects, but this may have long term consequences for us and our nation.

If you consider the beginning of the Dark Ages to be the first Great Awakening, then yes, Glenn Beck has really pushed the envelope.:cuckoo:

If you consider the beginning of the Dark Ages to be the first Great Awakening, then yes, Glenn Beck has really pushed the envelope.:cuckoo:

Could you tell me how the Dark Ages have anything to do with the Great Awakening? Or how they have anything with Faith, Hope, Charity, Individual responsibility and individuals changing the world?

I'd really love to know where you are going on this one.

Could you tell me how the Dark Ages have anything to do with the Great Awakening? Or how they have anything with Faith, Hope, Charity, Individual responsibility and individuals changing the world?

I think he saying Glenn is taking us into the dark age.

I think he saying Glenn is taking us into the dark age.

I'm saying that implying that Glenn Beck is the instigator of a new Great Awakening is smart as actually advocating a new dark age disguised as a Great Awakening.:evil:

Christians are tearing him up. (They tend to think mormonism is a cult).

Everytime Beck mentions God, he is not talking about a christian god. Please keep this in mind.

Rev Beck is starting something I think will back fire.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/glenn-beck-attacks-christian-social-justice-programs/blog-276139/
Glenn Beck Attacks Christian Social Justice Programs

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/christians-urged-to-boycott-glenn-beck/

Last edited:

For Mormonism or Christianity?

(The T said they are the same thing, but of course he was wrong)...

Christians are really starting to come out against beck and I think this will backfire. Dont know, he has a lot of sheeple fans, so time will tell. Personally, I want this carnie to run the "religious" right. A mormon running christians on the right is perfect.

Beck/Palin 2012! Poor Rush.

Did Beck ignite something in America? Yeah.......a paper bag full of flaming dogshit.

Last night I heard a few religious leaders who were Christian speaking AGAINST Beck because he was espousing Christian ideals, yet they said he's not a real Christian because he's Mormon.

What did Beck do during his speech? He laid out a lot of platitudes and bumpersticker bullshit, told everyone they needed to turn back to God, yet he didn't give any specifics on how to do that, nor did he address clearly where and why he thinks this country has turned away from God.

Interestingly enough, most of the people I know have had (since I moved here in 1999) and still have (all the way through August 2010), a healthy respect and acknowledgment of who God is.

Even me.

I think what Beck wants everyone to do is to turn toward HIS idea of who God is, and who's to say that his version is right?

A mormon is reviving the Christian right. How perfect is this?

It was a return to God.

Did God ask for it?

Did God say, "Thanks"?

It WAS kind of "open ended", wouldn't you say?

I have never seen people allow themselves to be manipulated by snake oil salesmen like the rightwingnuts.

If beck has started a new great awakening then we are in very sad shape.
And I expect we will not like what we see awaken.

Roses do not come out of an ass.

Last edited:

i would think that's correct.

and now that the torch and pitchforks crowd is being revved up, we're starting to see the payback for all their hard work...

a group of kids in western ny were arrested for shooting at a mosque and harassing the people who were worshipping there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/nyregion/01mosque.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

i would think that's correct.

and now that the torch and pitchforks crowd is being revved up, we're starting to see the payback for all their hard work...

a group of kids in western ny were arrested for shooting at a mosque and harassing the people who were worshipping there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/nyregion/01mosque.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

They are going to start burning churches (mosques) again. Again. Damn, hard righty's are nuts. I am literally counting the days and watch some right wing nut say its the muslims fault. We might as well be back in the 60's in burmingham.

Last edited:
Did Beck ignite something in America? Yeah.......a paper bag full of flaming dogshit.

Last night I heard a few religious leaders who were Christian speaking AGAINST Beck because he was espousing Christian ideals, yet they said he's not a real Christian because he's Mormon.

What did Beck do during his speech? He laid out a lot of platitudes and bumpersticker bullshit, told everyone they needed to turn back to God, yet he didn't give any specifics on how to do that, nor did he address clearly where and why he thinks this country has turned away from God.

Interestingly enough, most of the people I know have had (since I moved here in 1999) and still have (all the way through August 2010), a healthy respect and acknowledgment of who God is.

Even me.

I think what Beck wants everyone to do is to turn toward HIS idea of who God is, and who's to say that his version is right?

Really? didn't do anything to show people how to turn back to God or begin to?

the 40 day and 40 night challenge is nothing?

The Gathering and reinsitution of the Black Robe Regiment is nothing?

Encouraging people to Pray, live their faith, etc doesnt turn people back to God?

Exactly what are you looking for?

No. Beck didn't show people how to turn back to God, he just showed them how to turn back to HIS version of God.

Encouraging people to pray? How exactly? Do you have to be on your knees, or can you be on your feet, or can you be sitting in a lotus position meditating? If it's only 1 way, then it's not from God, just Beck's limited version of God.

And..........like I like to ask all Christians..........the God of what particular denomination, because you guys like to have all sorts of different rules, even though you all use the same book.

rest assured whatever goes wrong with Beck's grand awakening it will be the liberals fault.

All causes have to have a "devil" to oppose them.

Forum List

Back