Has Donald Trump Permanently Altered The Republican Party's DNA?

pwjohn

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Buttlick Kentucky
In answer to the question. Probably not.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is giving his adopted party a lot to think about. He has offered radically different approaches to trade, immigration, the size of government and national defense.

Now Republicans are debating whether, win or lose, Donald Trump has permanently altered their party's DNA.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is giving his adopted party a lot to think about. He has offered radically different approaches to trade, immigration, the size of government and national defense.

Now Republicans are debating whether, win or lose, Donald Trump has permanently altered their party's DNA.
It's a great question, and I'm guessing that it may depend on the outcome of the election.

If he loses big, then the Alt Right's grip becomes more tenuous, maybe.

When you hitch your wagon to a circus horse, you really can't be sure of where you're going.

It's a great question, and I'm guessing that it may depend on the outcome of the election.

When you hitch your wagon to a circus horse, you really can't be sure of where you're going.
Hitlery will lead you into the three rings....just relax....:lol:

Who knows what that means.

Perhaps you can provide some thoughtful commentary on how ridding the Republican party of Republicans is good for the Republican party.
You mean ridding the Republican Party of the GOP'ers? Ask them, they are standing next to you in the democrat party.....:lol:

Who knows what that means. Perhaps you can provide some thoughtful commentary on how ridding the Republican party of Republicans is good for the Republican party..
You being hitched to the circus horse....wow, you really are a fool.....
Well, I wasn't holding my breath.
Neither was I....I know you'll ride the hitlery wagon into obscurity.........

what republican party?

what republican party?
We don't expect you to understand now that we kicked all your democrat GOP'ers out....

Trump has drawn out and given recognition to the crazies. The GOP is now split between the Old School Elitists and the Radical Alt-Right, and the latter isn't going anywhere soon. That, overall, weakens the GOP's political power in all but local elections up to and including House seats. It has forfeited any chance of hanging onto the senate and the White House.

And this is a self-inflicted wound. By embracing the Tea Party movement in order to pad its numbers, the GOP threw what was left of its principles out the window and now they're paying for it, mortally. Once they introduced that virus into their party, they could only get sicker.

Mother Nature has a way of picking off outliers like the Republican Party of the United States.

Trump has drawn out and given recognition to the crazies. The GOP is now split between the Old School Elitists and the Radical Alt-Right, and the latter isn't going anywhere soon. That, overall, weakens the GOP's political power in all but local elections up to and including House seats. It has forfeited any chance of hanging onto the senate and the White House.

And this is a self-inflicted wound. By embracing the Tea Party movement in order to pad its numbers, the GOP threw what was left of its principles out the window and now they're paying for it, mortally. Once they introduced that virus into their party, they could only get sicker.

Mother Nature has a way of picking off outliers like the Republican Party of the United States.
I agree with everything up until the last sentence.

This country needs two serious, strong parties. The GOP could be that today, if it were not for what talk radio and conservative internet have done to it.

I'm just hopeful that whatever rises from the ashes here will provide serious ideological balance.

I agree with everything up until the last sentence.

This country needs two serious, strong parties. The GOP could be that today, if it were not for what talk radio and conservative internet have done to it.

I'm just hopeful that whatever rises from the ashes here will provide serious ideological balance.
I would prefer three strong parties. I think we need our congress to be made up of at least three parties so that members can wheel and deal with each other on individual bills and no one party line can dictate the direction our country is taken.

Forum List

Back