Has anyone seen the movie "Yesterday"?

What I found interesting was the revival of folk music in the 60s. By the early 60's the Kingston Trio, The Weavers, Odetta, and other folk singers were slipping. Then the War cranked up and breathed new life into Folk with smash hit after hit by Simon & Garfunkel, Bod Dylan, John Denver, The Highwayman, ect.
i always felt Phil Ochs was the best anti-war singer out there....
I agree he was really good and he wrote a log of songs. To me, the best folk singers to come out of that era were Joan Baez and John Denver, very different styles but great folk singers.
i saw a documentary about the democrat convention in 69 it said that Ochs was the only guy to actually show up and do what he does everyone else had an excuse as to why they could not......Ochs thought Dylan was a phony,there is a story they told as to why he thought that.....and Ochs because of what he heard with his own ears at that conv.from the democrat "leaders" then thought the democrats were not what they were saying they were.....and Bobby Kennedy asked him to fly with him to wherever he was on his way to because he was starting to think that also of the democrats.....but he was killed like week a later......
I really hated Dylan back in 60's. I considered him the worst singer of his time. Recently I saw a movie, "Don't Look Back" which was a documentary of a Dylan and Baez on concert tour. I listened to some of his songs and did a bit of research and realized he's basically a poet without much of voice but his songs and style of singing complement each other but to me his voice is sort of like a fingernail drug across a blackboard. As a person, he comes across as immature, rude, and not much of a personality. Baez comes across as not being particular smart and even a bit goofy but when she starts to sing it's hard to believe that's really her voice. I remember some Ochs songs but I never really followed his career. Didn't he die fairly young.
I saw Dylan in concert at the Universal Ampitheatre and he was awesome!
Although I never liked his music in the 60's, I've gone back and listen to his music and find myself liking him today. His songs really do have meaning although sometimes a bit obscure.

Good premise but terrible movie. The Libatrd Hollywood assholes couldn't make the main character a White guy. No, they had to do the filthy ass racial diversity bullshit, complete with cute White girlfriend.
I didn't pickup on any racial content but then I don't notice race unless it's the focal point of the movie. I guess some people are just more in tune to race than others.

Good premise but terrible movie. The Libatrd Hollywood assholes couldn't make the main character a White guy. No, they had to do the filthy ass racial diversity bullshit, complete with cute White girlfriend.
I didn't pickup on any racial content but then I don't notice race unless it's the focal point of the movie. I guess some people are just more in tune to race than others.

more and more, woke hollywood has been shoving it down our throats.

it is hard to not notice, once you notice that.

In the US the Blacks are about 12% of the population but now almost every main character is Black. They are in every series on TV in leading or main support roles. Every damn TV commercial.

Hell, when Netflix did the story of Troy a couple of years ago half the main Greek Characters were Black including Achilles and Hector.

It is blatant affirmative action to kiss the ass of the minorities and it is despicable.

The main character in Yesterday was not a Negro but he was dark person of color. Why wasn't he White like most of the people living in the UK?

In the US the Blacks are about 12% of the population but now almost every main character is Black. They are in every series on TV in leading or main support roles. Every damn TV commercial.

Hell, when Netflix did the story of Troy a couple of years ago half the main Greek Characters were Black including Achilles and Hector.

It is blatant affirmative action to kiss the ass of the minorities and it is despicable.

The main character in Yesterday was not a Negro but he was dark person of color. Why wasn't he White like most of the people living in the UK?
Well if skin color is that important to you maybe you should try watching movies made prior to the 1950s. In those days , Hollywood portrayed blacks as white people wanted to see them, loyal happy harmless servants who just loved to pick cotton, dance, and eat watermelon.

The fact is most Greeks and Romans were dark skinned. Fair skinned Greeks and Romans are product of 19th and 20th century literature, art, and movies. In ancient Rome and Greece, skin color was just a physical a characteristic such eye and hair color that did not convey social statue that exist today.

Last edited:

Well if skin color is that important to you maybe you should try watching movies made prior to the 1950s. In those days , Hollywood portrayed blacks as white people wanted to see them, loyal happy harmless servants who just loved to pick cotton, dance, and eat watermelon.

The fact is most Greeks and Romans were dark skinned. Fair skinned Greeks and Romans are product of 19th and 20th century literature, art, and movies. In ancient Rome and Greece, skin color was just a physical a characteristic such eye and hair color that did not convey social statue that exist today.

It is not that it is important but when I see the Hollywood assholes blatantly kissing the ass of the minorities it tends to make me disgusted. Liberalism in general and race pandering specifically are disgusting, wouldn't you agree?

Blacks should be portrayed in the movies as they are in real life. Mostly welfare queens, druggies and criminals. Not as the bossman of the White guy. Not as the White guy's best friend.

That stupid series about Troy had Aeneas, the founder of Rome, being a Negro. Really? LOL!

It is not that it is important but when I see the Hollywood assholes blatantly kissing the ass of the minorities it tends to make me disgusted. Liberalism in general and race pandering specifically are disgusting, wouldn't you agree?

Blacks should be portrayed in the movies as they are in real life. Mostly welfare queens, druggies and criminals. Not as the bossman of the White guy. Not as the White guy's best friend.

That stupid series about Troy had Aeneas, the founder of Rome, being a Negro. Really? LOL!
Another reason for choosing black actors is they're cheaper. I would think you would be more concerned with a black actor playing Andrew Hamilton than Achilles, a product of Greek mythology who Homer may have considered him to be dark skin, like a lot of Greeks.

Another reason for choosing black actors is they're cheaper. I would think you would be more concerned with a black actor playing Andrew Hamilton than Achilles, a product of Greek mythology who Homer may have considered him to be dark skin, like a lot of Greeks.

I was just using the Troy series as an example of the despicable ridiculous racial pandering of the Hollywood Libtards.

If I gave all the examples I would be typing for hours.

I have the Disney network for when the grandchildren visit. A couple of weeks ago I started watching Hamilton. I turned it off after 10 minutes. It was terrible and embarrassing.

I was just using the Troy series as an example of the despicable ridiculous racial pandering of the Hollywood Libtards.

If I gave all the examples I would be typing for hours.

I have the Disney network for when the grandchildren visit. A couple of weeks ago I started watching Hamilton. I turned it off after 10 minutes. It was terrible and embarrassing.
Can't say I'm surprised.

Forum List

Back