Has anyone seen the movie "Yesterday"?

The cool kids were listening to Johnny Cash, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc. It was just you faggots listening to the Beatles, peeing yourselves along with 11-12 year old girls and the tone deaf. AM radio was still big then, and the sound range was crap, so the radio stations always focused on the high ranges, which was right in tune with their market demographics.

They did have maybe three decent songs, Eleanor Rigby, Paperback Writer, and one off of Rubber Soul I can't remember now.
the cool kids were listening coltrame and davis?.....were you a teen in the 60's?....and if you were, what part of the country were you living in?.....

the cool kids were listening coltrame and davis?.....were you a teen in the 60's?....and if you were, what part of the country were you living in?.....
I guess I was cool in 50's and 60's because I love jazz but kids that love jazz were not considered cool. About 90% of the kids were hung up on rock and roll, folk, and various forms of rock.

About a struggling musician in England who gets hit by a bus and when he comes to, no one has ever heard of the Beatles. So he starts recording Beatle songs as his own and becomes the biggest rock star in the world!

Has anyone seen this movie?

Note: Towards the end, he meets a 70 year old John Lennon.
Good movie. Bit unrealistic. Plot and the idea that he could write "The Long and Winding Road", lyrics and all in 15 minutes and be believed.

Enjoyable though.

About a struggling musician in England who gets hit by a bus and when he comes to, no one has ever heard of the Beatles. So he starts recording Beatle songs as his own and becomes the biggest rock star in the world!

Has anyone seen this movie?

Note: Towards the end, he meets a 70 year old John Lennon.

I saw it and enjoyed it. Pretty standard Faustian story line. But I love Alternative History and this was fun one.

I guess I was cool in 50's and 60's because I love jazz but kids that love jazz were not considered cool. About 90% of the kids were hung up on rock and roll, folk, and various forms of rock.
i agree a hell of a lot of kids were getting into rock....and many of them were pretty cool too.....

I saw and liked it, but the I love the Beatles. Too bad they didn’t get Lennon a bigger role. He truly was a great man as well as a great musician. His anti war and anti state beliefs are needed today, but probably what got him murdered in 1980.

i agree a hell of a lot of kids were getting into rock....and many of them were pretty cool too.....
What I found interesting was the revival of folk music in the 60s. By the early 60's the Kingston Trio, The Weavers, Odetta, and other folk singers were slipping. Then the War cranked up and breathed new life into Folk with smash hit after hit by Simon & Garfunkel, Bod Dylan, John Denver, The Highwayman, ect.

What I found interesting was the revival of folk music in the 60s. By the early 60's the Kingston Trio, The Weavers, Odetta, and other folk singers were slipping. Then the War cranked up and breathed new life into Folk with smash hit after hit by Simon & Garfunkel, Bod Dylan, John Denver, The Highwayman, ect.
i always felt Phil Ochs was the best anti-war singer out there....

I agree he was really good and he wrote a log of songs. To me, the best folk singers to come out of that era were Joan Baez and John Denver, very different styles but great folk singers.

I agree he was really good and he wrote a log of songs. To me, the best folk singers to come out of that era were Joan Baez and John Denver, very different styles but great folk singers.
i saw a documentary about the democrat convention in 69 it said that Ochs was the only guy to actually show up and do what he does everyone else had an excuse as to why they could not......Ochs thought Dylan was a phony,there is a story they told as to why he thought that.....and Ochs because of what he heard with his own ears at that conv.from the democrat "leaders" then thought the democrats were not what they were saying they were.....and Bobby Kennedy asked him to fly with him to wherever he was on his way to because he was starting to think that also of the democrats.....but he was killed like week a later......

i saw a documentary about the democrat convention in 69 it said that Ochs was the only guy to actually show up and do what he does everyone else had an excuse as to why they could not......Ochs thought Dylan was a phony,there is a story they told as to why he thought that.....and Ochs because of what he heard with his own ears at that conv.from the democrat "leaders" then thought the democrats were not what they were saying they were.....and Bobby Kennedy asked him to fly with him to wherever he was on his way to because he was starting to think that also of the democrats.....but he was killed like week a later......
I really hated Dylan back in 60's. I considered him the worst singer of his time. Recently I saw a movie, "Don't Look Back" which was a documentary of a Dylan and Baez on concert tour. I listened to some of his songs and did a bit of research and realized he's basically a poet without much of voice but his songs and style of singing complement each other but to me his voice is sort of like a fingernail drug across a blackboard. As a person, he comes across as immature, rude, and not much of a personality. Baez comes across as not being particular smart and even a bit goofy but when she starts to sing it's hard to believe that's really her voice. I remember some Ochs songs but I never really followed his career. Didn't he die fairly young.

I really hated Dylan back in 60's. I considered him the worst singer of his time. Recently I saw a movie, "Don't Look Back" which was a documentary of a Dylan and Baez on concert tour. I listened to some of his songs and did a bit of research and realized he's basically a poet without much of voice but his songs and style of singing complement each other but to me his voice is sort of like a fingernail drug across a blackboard. As a person, he comes across as immature, rude, and not much of a personality. Baez comes across as not being particular smart and even a bit goofy but when she starts to sing it's hard to believe that's really her voice. I remember some Ochs songs but I never really followed his career. Didn't he die fairly young.
yes he committed suicide in 76 at the age of 35....he not only had alcoholic problems but they think he was bipolar too....

yes he committed suicide in 76 at the age of 35....he not only had alcoholic problems but they think he was bipolar too....
Seems so many great musicians die young. George Gershwin died at age 38.

Seems so many great musicians die young. George Gershwin died at age 38.
i hear ya.....

So, is it safe to assume, the Kids are Alright?

I saw Dylan in concert at the Universal Ampitheatre and he was awesome!

Good premise but terrible movie. The Libatrd Hollywood assholes couldn't make the main character a White guy. No, they had to do the filthy ass racial diversity bullshit, complete with cute White girlfriend.

Good premise but terrible movie. The Libatrd Hollywood assholes couldn't make the main character a White guy. No, they had to do the filthy ass racial diversity bullshit, complete with cute White girlfriend.
So you're in to mud babies?

Forum List

Back