Has anybody watched "Horace and Pete"?

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
Just watched episode 1.... and i am...... amazed.

The best pilot I have ever seen in my life....

OK get this:

Louis C.K.
Steve Buscemi
Jessica Lange
Edie Falco
Alan Alda
and even Steven Wright!

OMG! There are so many topics covered that I would love to talk about, that I don't know where to pigeon-hole this thread....

It's all typical Louis CK style, and if you like "Louie", this setting lets him go much darker and deeper. I love "Louie", but this 1st episode of H&P blew me away.... So much so that I need to watch it again....

I will be binge watching the next 9 episodes starting tomorrow! Maybe not, because I may just watch episode 1 over and over again. It's that good! IMDB has it rated 9 out of 10. It's 10 out of 10 based on the 1st episode.

Keep in mind, if you're not familiar with Louis C.K., this is a lot of uncomfortable stuff you're gonna listen to, and laugh to... and cry to... But if you know what to expect from LCK, which is excellence in no-holds-barred Carlinesque-type stuff, you will not be disappointed!

And I would love to discuss some of the stuff the bar people talk about. Because it is spot-on!

• Banned
Keep in mind that this show has a "live" feeling to it. It's kinda like watching a drama on Broadway. There are times when actors flub their lines, and they pick right up and keep it going. It feels very "real". There's even an "intermission" while they change scenes. The acting in this show is superb!!!! Based on episode 1....

• Banned
Anybody? Anywhere?

Tell me there are fans out there? You're missing out, if not... :)

This is great shit!!!

Anybody??? If you want dark comedy/drama the way only Louis CK can do it, you have to watch this... It's is so dark and true and funny.... And Alan Alda should get an EMMY, if not all of them... what a fucking asshole!!! :) He's so good!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back