Has Anybody Ever Done A Polar Bear Plunge Before?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Although I both love and miss the beach, this time of year I prefer a nice warm house lol (or building if I'm going out to eat or the movies or something) but I'm thinking of doing this one time just to say that I did it. Not too hard though because right now I'm at the point of wondering if I REALLY want to do this. I don't even know the proper clothes to wear so I will be safe and not freeze to death. If anybody has done this any pointers if I do decide to do it?

At the end of survival school we had to do water ops in a freezing lake.
We took a Zodiac out into the center and everyone but me jumped into the lake and I had to capsize the Zodiac.
Then I had to get back on it and capsize it rightside up.
When we got to shore my clothes were frozen.
Then we stood around the fire and the instructors told us Mike Tyson got knocked out and the 49ers beat the Broncos by 40 points in the Super Bowl.
I didn't really care because the only thing I had to eat for 3 weeks was a live chicken.

When I was a teenager I would go swimming in the Youghiogheny River in Garrett County MD every Easter Sunday. The river was always full of ice during Easter. I don't know if anyone ever carried on the tradition.

Coyote can tell you about the river.

When I was a teenager I would go swimming in the Youghiogheny River in Garrett County MD every Easter Sunday. The river was always full of ice during Easter. I don't know if anyone ever carried on the tradition.

By yourself or with others?

"Significant shrinkage" 🥶

LOL Well I wouldn't know about that part as I don't have that problem. :p I'm a female. ;)

CHell no.
There are a lot of charity events at the frozen lakes here, but I would never jump into freezing water.

Great minds think alike as as I said before, I don't really want to either except for bragging rights but I don't want them that badly.

I would much rather do synchronized swimming with alligators than listen to anything from Coyote.

1705659469619.png

I never went swimming, but oh I love that river!

Forum List

Back