Harry Dunn, ex-officer who defended Capitol on January 6, to run for Congress

• Former US Capitol Police officer Harry Dunn on Friday announced his campaign run for Congress.
  • Dunn said he'd run in Maryland's 3rd Congressional district and wanted to blunt the MAGA movement.
  • "I wanna do everything in my power that I can do to fight back against him," Dunn told CNN of Trump.
"On January 6th, I defended our democracy from insurrectionists as a Capitol Police Officer," he wrote on X. "After, President Biden honored me with the Presidential Citizens Medal. Today, I'm running for Congress to stop Trump's MAGA extremists & ensure it never happens again."

In Dunn's announcement video, he walks through a reenactment of the Jan. 6 riot, where he says his adherence to protecting the Constitution allowed him "to protect some members of Congress who I knew were bigots, who helped fan the flames that started all of this."

He is giving us a first-hand account of what was taking place that day.

Yeah....He's the black dude who killed an unarmed white woman by shooting her in the back. Dim's should love him. :(

What city has defunded the police?

What makes a person an anti cop prosecutor?

You mean they prosecute cops?

Is this a segue; you're going to bring up George Floyd again aren't you?

No they don't. Where did they do that?

Law enforcement is pro union and Republicans are for weakening unions... generally. (Not the ones I work with).

Republicans don't support police when they move against those considered political allies. Like Jan 6th cops for instance. Death threats typically ensue.

None of these are ran by, or fueled by Republicans.

These US cities defunded police: 'We're transferring money to the community'​

More than 20 major cities have reduced police budgets in some form, and activists are fighting to ensure that is only the start

by Sam Levin in Los Angeles

Los Angeles DA Hires Anti-Cop Activist for Top Prosecutor Job​

Law enforcement calls hire 'slap in the face'​

In 2019, We Fought Across the Country to Dismantle Mass Incarceration. We Won on Multiple Fronts.​

In statehouses across the country, the consensus was clear: it's time we fix our broken criminal legal system.

That shit-cock fuck-face coward is whoring himself to the fake leftist narrative. He should be deported.

None of these are ran by, or fueled by Republicans.

These US cities defunded police: 'We're transferring money to the community'​

More than 20 major cities have reduced police budgets in some form, and activists are fighting to ensure that is only the start

by Sam Levin in Los Angeles

I don't think you know what defund means.

Defund means no funding.

Cutting back in or shifting funds to other avenues of police work is not defunding.

Los Angeles DA Hires Anti-Cop Activist for Top Prosecutor Job​

Law enforcement calls hire 'slap in the face'​

An ex cop and district attorney that republicans don't like. That doesn't mean Democrats appoint cop haters...unless you can show where he claimed he hated cops?

In 2019, We Fought Across the Country to Dismantle Mass Incarceration. We Won on Multiple Fronts.​

In statehouses across the country, the consensus was clear: it's time we fix our broken criminal legal system.

Can you explain to me how the topics listed in this article equates to dismantling the jail system?

Last edited:
Well, as you look across this nation, the people who are working to make their jobs more difficult, are Dimocrats.
They are the ones who work to reduce or take away their funding, they are the ones who elect anti-police prosecutors, they are the ones who work to dismantle the jail and prison system of justice. If you are going into law enforcement, why would you be on the side of any of that?
That can’t possibly be true. The democrats have passed millions in grant money for police departments throughout the country while the republicans routinely vote agaisnt it.
Plus, tax monies tend to dry up locally for police funding during recessions which happens with every repugnant administration.…without fail. Either way, police departments can more easily apply for grant money for training, equipment and other capital expenses under democrats.

How any cop in this country today could be a Dimocrat, is simply bizarre.
Here you go…..and who signed the federal grant program ? Bill Clinton, Democrat. And who maintains the program more up to full capacity ? Democrats.

Last edited:
What city has defunded the police?

What makes a person an anti cop prosecutor?

You mean they prosecute cops?

Is this a segue; you're going to bring up George Floyd again aren't you?

No they don't. Where did they do that?

Law enforcement is pro union and Republicans are for weakening unions... generally. (Not the ones I work with).

Republicans don't support police when they move against those considered political allies. Like Jan 6th cops for instance. Death threats typically ensue.
Republicans seem to prefer vigilantes.

• Former US Capitol Police officer Harry Dunn on Friday announced his campaign run for Congress.
  • Dunn said he'd run in Maryland's 3rd Congressional district and wanted to blunt the MAGA movement.
  • "I wanna do everything in my power that I can do to fight back against him," Dunn told CNN of Trump.
"On January 6th, I defended our democracy from insurrectionists as a Capitol Police Officer," he wrote on X. "After, President Biden honored me with the Presidential Citizens Medal. Today, I'm running for Congress to stop Trump's MAGA extremists & ensure it never happens again."

In Dunn's announcement video, he walks through a reenactment of the Jan. 6 riot, where he says his adherence to protecting the Constitution allowed him "to protect some members of Congress who I knew were bigots, who helped fan the flames that started all of this."

He is giving us a first-hand account of what was taking place that day.
There are some affirmative action positions to be filled in congress

So I guess he’s as good as any

1710539443702.jpeg

Forum List

Back