Cool dagger in 440C that needs work...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
But the price is right...$15.

Screenshot_20220728-173832-053.png

Knife for Men with Sheath - Black Tactical Knives - Cool Hunting Knofe Fixed Blade Knife with Serrated Blade - Best EDC Survival Camping Hiking Military Tool Sharp Belt Boot Knives Gift for Men 2503 https://a.co/d/afpufeP

I already have a Grand Way Tanto 440C and it has been a good knife other than the handle scales were only attached mechanical and slipped. A little epoxy and it was GTG.

Didn't know if this one was the same...but I hoped it was...because it lacks a guard.

It arrived today ... and I took a pic in case I destroyed it trying to get the pommel off.

IMG_20220728_172757277~2.jpg

A little force applied...

IMG_20220728_172933404~2.jpg

...and voila ...

IMG_20220728_173045715~2.jpg

...no epoxy and a screw on pommel held with some thread locker.

The handle material is some cheap plastic that I'll likely ditch (along with the nylon sheath).

The plastic handle is 4.5 inches long which leaves plenty of room for a brass...or more likely... aluminium guard and an ebony? or perhaps faux ivory or bone handle.

We'll see what turns up.

P.S - I know it says "military...tactical...EDC..." but this is pig sticker all the way. Likely not useful for anything else IMO.

Last edited:

View attachment 675749

Knife for Men with Sheath - Black Tactical Knives - Cool Hunting Knofe Fixed Blade Knife with Serrated Blade - Best EDC Survival Camping Hiking Military Tool Sharp Belt Boot Knives Gift for Men 2503 https://a.co/d/afpufeP

I already have a Grand Way Tanto 440C and it has been a good knife other than the handle scales were only attached mechanical and slipped. A little epoxy and it was GTG.

Didn't know if this one was the same...but I hoped it was...because it lacks a guard.

It arrived today ... and I took a pick in case I destroyed it.

View attachment 675750

View attachment 675752

...and voila ...

View attachment 675751

The handle material is some cheap plastic that I'll likely ditch (along with the nylon sheath).

The plastic handle is 4.5 inches long which leaves plenty of room for a brass...or more likely... aluminium guard and an ebony? or perhaps faux ivory or bone handle.

We'll see what turns up.

P.S - I know it says "military...tactical...EDC..." but this is pig sticker all the way. Likely not useful for anything else IMO.
Nice. I bet the balance is OK also. I like one with a hilt that extends past the grip, though. Guess I got hooked on K-Bars for all around utility knives.

View attachment 675749

It arrived today ... and I took a pic in case I destroyed it trying to get the pommel off.

View attachment 675750

View attachment 675752

...and voila ...

View attachment 675751

We'll see what turns up.

Dammit! That's the third knife you've made me order! (thanks).

Never could understand why someone would make a knife without a guard on it.
More likely to cut yourself than what you're intending to cut.
I won't use a knife that doesn't have a natural bolster or a guard for hunting.
Hit a bone while stabbing hard without a guard.
Good chance you'll end up in the ER prepping for finger tendon surgery.

Yeah...I've passed on this knife a few times for that very reason...but I come back to it from time to time and read the reviews. This time around I saw that someone had broken it trying to use it as a throwing knife and in the pic you could see it was a screw on pommel. So I took a chance on it.

Yeah...I've passed on this knife a few times for that very reason...but I come back to it from time to time and read the reviews. This time around I saw that someone had broken it trying to use it as a throwing knife and in the pic you could see it was a screw on pommel. So I took a chance on it.

I figured as much since you immediately took it apart.

Decided to go with a hybrid M3 Trench Knife and a Dutch Trench Knife.

Screenshot_20220803-195612-894.png

Screenshot_20220802-224938-280.png

Used a small piece of the Black Walnut I put up to dry last year.

IMG_20220803_143315440.jpg

IMG_20220803_145120938.jpg

IMG_20220803_152739841.jpg

IMG_20220803_155030771.jpg

IMG_20220803_175125440~2.jpg

Got a nice tight fit up...I'm afraid if I slide it all the way up I'll never get it off again.

Still have to trim it up, shape the guard and stain the handle.

Decided to go with a hybrid M3 Trench Knife and a Dutch Trench Knife.

View attachment 677783

View attachment 677784

Used a small piece of the Black Walnut I put up to dry last year.

View attachment 677793

View attachment 677792

View attachment 677791

View attachment 677790

View attachment 677788

Got a nice tight fit up...I'm afraid if I slide it all the way up I'll never get it off again.

Still have to trim it up, shape the guard and stain the handle.

Looking good!
Does the original have slightly flat sides or is that one of those there Optional illusions?

Looking good!
Does the original have slightly flat sides or is that one of those there Optional illusions?
Thanks.

Yes, the original black handle is very flat on the wide planes parallel to the blade and the short sides are just barely radiused. It's comfortable... But made of easily compressed flexible plastic.

Thanks.

Yes, the original black handle is very flat on the wide planes parallel to the blade and the short sides are just barely radiused. It's comfortable... But made of easily compressed flexible plastic.

I can see the need for the flats.
They position the blade without looking at it,might even consider putting a front finger groove so it lines itself up.
Of course thats only an issue if you plan on getting in a knife fight.

That's cool. Stacked leather like Kbars, puukkos is a nice grip too, easy.

Agreed...but I've already done a few of those.

I can see the need for the flats.
They position the blade without looking at it,might even consider putting a front finger groove so it lines itself up.
Of course thats only an issue if you plan on getting in a knife fight.
Took your advice and sanded down the flats some...

IMG_20220807_010145560~2.jpg

Forum List

Back