Harbor freight tools...

I got a Harbor-Freight 1/2" ratchet, and s-k/craftsman/snap-on everything else.

It's their more expensive ratchet.

I already had all the sockets, I hit up Pawn Shops for sockets for years.

Haven't tried anything serious with the ratchet and cheater bar yet.
Have fun if the gear teeth last longer then one use.

lol!, if they stay in the box.......~S~
LOL........

I sanded with 200 square feet with that cheap orbital sander the other day......

Of course I kinda cheated at times............with my craftsman belt sander........36 grit ......bought the sand paper from HF
:iyfyus.jpg:

HF are throw away tools for homeowners, hacks, & trunk slammers

~S~
I need a spare cord for my saw saw from harbor freight......you have any extra....

:abgg2q.jpg:
not that i'm aware of Eagle , you might try their tech support ~S~

Shit this happens all the time at work...........with the high dollar tools...........we just cut the end off an extension cord and replace it.

Yes because those damn fools that replace them want forty bucks..

~S~
I need a spare cord for my saw saw from harbor freight......you have any extra....

Shit this happens all the time at work...........with the high dollar tools...........we just cut the end off an extension cord and replace it.

Extension cords word just fine. lol

~S~

Extension cords word just fine. lol
I hope slow..

The chain falls I've bought work fine. Still not sure I'd get under an if I didn't have to though. The sand paper is cheap. And they have good prices on rachet straps.

I restock my wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers from pawn shops as well............

Sticky fingers at work.........or working late in the day and everyone starts slinging tools into everyone's bags and days later .........where are my wrenches....lol
/——/ I watched a plumber at my home grab three of my tools and toss them in his bag. He apparently didn’t know I was watching. He shrugged it off and said, oh I don’t pay attention when I clean up, I just grab whatever is lying around assuming it is mine. He was shocked when I canceled the rest of the job. Now everything is locked away when a contractor comes.

I got a 9 inch band saw this week...works great. Have an 8 inch drill press...couldn't be more pleased with it. What experiences have you had with Harbor Freight tools?

Recently picked up their 7.5 Amp reciprocating saw. Mine came with an assortment of blades for cutting most all materials. I decided--largely out of boredom--to repoint our chimney the other weekend. Used the saw to cut out old mortar and it worked great. I think that was a pretty good test of the "heavy duty" label. I also go there for their yellow tinted safety glasses which work well in clean room settings under the harsh lighting.

It's a good place to get cheap tools, if it's something you don't need to use very many times or very often.

If you need something that will stand up heavy use, and last a long time, shop elsewhere.
Exactly

If you use it a lot, pay extra for quality
But if you are working on something and need a tool cheap, Harbor Freight is great

Haven't tried anything serious with the ratchet and cheater bar yet.
Have fun if the gear teeth last longer then one use.

Already used it a few times. No stuck lug nut with a cheater bar use yet, though.

I bought motorized winches there. They were waaaaaay overspend, which explains in part whyh they've lasted, but they've been running light duty daily for 8 years or and, out of 8, we've only lost one.

I got a 9 inch band saw this week...works great. Have an 8 inch drill press...couldn't be more pleased with it. What experiences have you had with Harbor Freight tools?

Recently picked up their 7.5 Amp reciprocating saw. Mine came with an assortment of blades for cutting most all materials. I decided--largely out of boredom--to repoint our chimney the other weekend. Used the saw to cut out old mortar and it worked great. I think that was a pretty good test of the "heavy duty" label. I also go there for their yellow tinted safety glasses which work well in clean room settings under the harsh lighting.
Why use a reciprocating saw to cut out motar joints? We always used a circular saw or a grinder(no not the gay one).

Why use a reciprocating saw to cut out motar joints? We always used a circular saw or a grinder(no not the gay one).

I was proving a point to a relative who runs a chimney sweeping business. Yeah we would normally use grinders as well. I did borrow his point-up gun though, and that was cool.

I buy tarps, tie straps, there regularly, I bought a 20' by 10' canopy for a parties that we've used 1/2 dozen times, bought a spare tire carrier for one of our trailers.
As for tools I bought a floor jack so now I have 2, bought a 200ft pound torque wrench as I didn't have one that big it works well, another set of 1/2" impact sockets deep well.

I've bought 2 small engines as replacements over the years and these are a good deal, some times they are on sale for $99.
60363_I.jpg

I buy tarps, tie straps, there regularly, I bought a 20' by 10' canopy for a parties that we've used 1/2 dozen times, bought a spare tire carrier for one of our trailers.
As for tools I bought a floor jack so now I have 2, bought a 200ft pound torque wrench as I didn't have one that big it works well, another set of 1/2" impact sockets deep well.

I've bought 2 small engines as replacements over the years and these are a good deal, some times they are on sale for $99.View attachment 206528

I would be interested to hear more about the engines you bought as I have two pieces of equipment that the one you posted a pic of would fit.
As I said before, the chainsaw chain sharpener I bought from hf works well. However I didn't mention buying a cheap set of wrenches that bend if you actually put pressure on them. But even that can be useful if you are willing to heat and retemper them to make specialty use tools, like the 1/2 wrench to reach that third starter bolt on a 67 mustang from the bottom.

I wouldn't stand under a harbor freight chain fall....

Forum List

Back