Happy Jim Crow Songs

If he says he's white trash, who am I to argue? But because he calls himself names doesn't mean he can be excused for comparing others he never met and doesn't know to murderers and humandogfucking. He calls himself white trash. An insult to trash.

Means you're in a city. I've been high I have been low. I've known both sides of money. 'But I know West Monroe and I know that territory very well.

I've got my dogs down there when I was a breeder. What you are doing is horrid. Slurring this man. I've not a problem with it though.

Paybacks a bitch. And you never know how it's going to bite you in the ass.

From the GQ interview:

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says.

During Phil’s darkest days, in the early 1970s, he had to flee the state of Arkansas after he badly beat up a bar owner and the guy’s wife. Kay Robertson persuaded the bar owner not to press charges in exchange for most of the Robertsons’ life savings. (“A hefty price,” he notes in his memoir.) I ask Phil if he ever repented for that, as he wants America to repent—if he ever tracked down the bar owner and his wife to apologize for the assault. He shakes his head.

“I didn’t dredge anything back up. I just put it behind me.

whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Gives Drew Magary a Tour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at this fucker. Start with gay and next is humandogfucking?

And he beat up a man AND HIS WIFE? Ran off and never apologized?

Then he throws gays in with terrorists and drunks?

And you guys have the nerve to say I'm slandering this shitstain? And look at what he says about blacks.

You fuckers are awful. And this guy is a fucking HERO to you turds? Shame on you.
SHAME
SHAME
SHAME

If you had a soul, you would be ashamed. But from people who believe in "let him die", it's too much to ask.

You're not getting it at all. And frankly I don't blame you. It's agonizing for me in my rock and roll world to think Elton is going to die and burn in hell and Adolph just on a slight chance just before he dies goes whoopsies sorries

I have a real deal problem with this.

Last edited:
Yes, the good old days, that so many long for.

True.

The reactionary right’s memory is indeed selective.

And many younger conservatives likely never knew America prior to the Civil Rights Era, and have bought into the myth of an idealized American past that never actually existed to begin with.

Now who marched? I get so tired of this shit you spew. Who marched and who organized?

It wasn't a black. It wasn't a hispanic dude. OMG it was a white guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
poitier_belafonte_heston_civil_rights_march_1963.jpg

Served with a guy from Monroe who said the sixties into the seventies there was a wild time for race problems. Maybe Phil did not talk to many black folks then. And I don't think Phil was into bad stuff like that either: he was a jock and a toker.

He worked in the fields with blacks. How close can you get? Phil said he was considered white trash.

I mean come freaking on here. He said he was dirt poor and the blacks he worked with in the fields were dirt poor but he was trying to point out what held them together was their faith in Christ and could still sing hymns all day and coming out of the fields.

For crying out loud, that was his point. They all believed in Jesus.

Man oh man you people are some fucked up on your judgement when you can't even grasp what he was saying.
They’re singing and happy...They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
- Phil Robertson

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Z1trynEHs]"Ain't Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me 'round"- Sweet Honey In The Rock - YouTube[/ame]

It wasn't a black. It wasn't a hispanic dude. OMG it was a white guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is that right in the middle of that photo? Why that's Harry Belafonte. Now you on the Right, tell us what you really think about Harry Belafonte.
Come on, don't be shy.

The left never passes up a chance to use black people..

but it's ok for them, but for anyone else they can't even speak about them

It's just sad

And of course now they've moved onto homosexuals to beat people over the head with and to try and step on your Freedoms of Speech

Last edited:
If this is a indirect reference to Phil's willingness to ignore the fruits of segregation in northeast Louisiana, well, please understand it is not just Phil. It was all of white Monroe at the time.

So how long did you spend in that area in the late 40's and early 50's, how many day's did you spend in the fields with Phil? Come on ass hole, tell us exactly how Phil got it wrong? You speak so authoritatively I'm sure you were there or is your ignorant mouth writing checks your ass can't cash?

What I don't get and what they are spinning is Phil was talking directly to his experience working in the fields.

There's no spinning.

Phil's got the luxury of time to really know what went on.

And instead of really thinking about it, he spews this crapola about "blacks being happy" under Jim Crowe.

What he miss the lynchings? The church burnings? The murders of civil rights workers?

It was a despicable comment.

We have been told by racist bigots that blacks did not sing the Blues during Jim Crow. So all who support the racist Ducks, please post all those happy Jim Crow songs.

Billie Holiday-Strange fruit- HD - YouTube

"Strange Fruit" performed by Billie Holiday 1939.

Southern trees bear strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant south
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop
Removed Morbid Image XXXXXX
The photograph that was cited by the songwriter as the inspiration for the song: Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, August 7, 1930.
Are you just trying to make a point Edith? Or are you projecting you and the left on the rest of us again?

*JACKASS*

It's just sad

And of course now they've moved onto homosexuals to beat people over the head with and to try and step on your Freedoms of Speech

Gotta pretend to support them...while keeping them subservient to the politicians that use them as political tools...PAR for the course.

It's just sad

Gotta pretend to support them...while keeping them subservient to the politicians that use them as political tools...PAR for the course.

pretty much it...They crow they care...so what do they do for them? give out money and supply housing in literal war zones....And then it's out of site out of mind until times like this where they can use them again

what's sad is the brainwashed of blacks people into voting themselves those lives by overwhelmingly voting Democrats...I don't have clue as to why

Last edited:

It's just sad

pretty much it...They crow they care...so what do they do for them? give out money and supply housing in literal war zones...And then it's out of site out of mind until times like this where they can use them again

what's sad is the brainwashed of blacks people into voting themselves those lives...I don't have clue as to why
WHY? They've taken the bait dangled in front of them...and still complain. The only ones that can get themselves OUT of their self-imposed predicament is themselves.

WE can only show people where they went wrong...whether they take the course to correct it is entirely up to themselves.

Until they change their own course? I don't want to hear the whining, And I will continue to highlight, call out those like the jackass OP that are part of the problem.

So are you ignorant or an asshole? Cuz you suddenly crossed over into sickening.

"For myself personally -- beyond raising money, beyond speaking at events that helped to raise money to bring citizens to the Mall -- my task, my larger task, was to organize a cultural contingency to come to the March on Washington," Belafonte reflected.
Besides reaching out to the stars themselves, Belafonte went to many of the studio heads in Hollywood to get prominent actors and actresses temporarily released from their duties so they could participate.
He was successful. The Hollywood list of attendees that day read like a who's who of A-listers: Marlon Brando, Sidney Poitier, Lena Horne, Sammy Davis Jr., Charlton Heston and Burt Lancaster, who also gave a speech.

5 faces of the March on Washington - CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been told by racist bigots that blacks did not sing the Blues during Jim Crow. So all who support the racist Ducks, please post all those happy Jim Crow songs.

Billie Holiday-Strange fruit- HD - YouTube

"Strange Fruit" performed by Billie Holiday 1939.

Southern trees bear strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant south
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop
Removed Morbid Image XXXXXX
The photograph that was cited by the songwriter as the inspiration for the song: Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, August 7, 1930.
Are you just trying to make a point Edith? Or are you projecting you and the left on the rest of us again?

*JACKASS*

The point was not only clear, but put in to words by the famous Billie Holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Served with a guy from Monroe who said the sixties into the seventies there was a wild time for race problems. Maybe Phil did not talk to many black folks then. And I don't think Phil was into bad stuff like that either: he was a jock and a toker.

He worked in the fields with blacks. How close can you get? Phil said he was considered white trash.

I mean come freaking on here. He said he was dirt poor and the blacks he worked with in the fields were dirt poor but he was trying to point out what held them together was their faith in Christ and could still sing hymns all day and coming out of the fields.

For crying out loud, that was his point. They all believed in Jesus.

Man oh man you people are some fucked up on your judgement when you can't even grasp what he was saying.

I am sure Phil believes that.

The blacks in the Army that I knew from the area would say, "yes, Jesus was important", but the difference in race for the great majority on both sides was more important.

Who is that right in the middle of that photo? Why that's Harry Belafonte. Now you on the Right, tell us what you really think about Harry Belafonte.
Come on, don't be shy.

he's someone who sang a couple nice songs until he went nutso and who won't be known by people today and has largely been forgotten by people OLD enough to know who is
satisfied?

Last edited:
So how long did you spend in that area in the late 40's and early 50's, how many day's did you spend in the fields with Phil? Come on ass hole, tell us exactly how Phil got it wrong? You speak so authoritatively I'm sure you were there or is your ignorant mouth writing checks your ass can't cash?

What I don't get and what they are spinning is Phil was talking directly to his experience working in the fields.

There's no spinning.

Phil's got the luxury of time to really know what went on.

And instead of really thinking about it, he spews this crapola about "blacks being happy" under Jim Crowe.

What he miss the lynchings? The church burnings? The murders of civil rights workers?

It was a despicable comment.

You just did the spinning Sallow.
He did not say they were happy under Jim Crowe laws.
He said they were Godly people and happy to have a job to support their family.

Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

He is saying they were better off before Government entitlements and welfare, which has broken the Black Man's responsibility to home and family. He did not refer to the Jim Crowe laws at all.

Forum List

Back