Happy Friday 13th

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Do You Have a Phobia?
What about Triskaidekaphobia? The fear of number 13.

"Triskaidekaphobia, or fear of the number 13, does not fit neatly into a clinical definition of a specific phobia. The number 13 is not an object or a situation, and it can be impossible for the sufferer to avoid. Moreover, in order for a phobia to be diagnosed, it must significantly impact the sufferer's life. Most people with triskaidekaphobia find that their fear only arises in certain situations, and does not significantly impair their lives. But could this phobia just be linked to superstition? "

Sounds like if you fear the number 13 there is nothing clinically that can be done about it but suffer.

Two is plenty, three is a crowd. What is 4 and 5?
Did you ever watch Sahara? The one where Bogart wins the war in North Africa? Sgt Major Tambul is talking with Waco in the well, discussing wives and Tambul explains why 4 wives is best.

Thanks but she no longer celebrates birthdays unless they celebrate birthdays in Heaven.

Aww,.. I'm sorry to hear that she passed,.. but they BETTER celebrate birthdays in Heaven. After all, it's not really Heaven without cake and ice cream. :p (I'm sorry if I'm making light of this situation, but I'm also just trying to be silly and make you laugh a bit as humor always makes me feel better and you're always making me laugh. :badgrin:)

friday-the-13th-icegif.gif

Today, I got some drive thought fast food, and when I went to roll the window back up, the button stuck in the up position, and the window did nothing. I thought, "Dang! Friday the thirteenth strikes!" When my wife and I were living on a shoestring budget so she could stay home with the kids, we had the same happen to our car and were not able to get if fixed for a long time. I was one of those guys with plastic taped over his window and it was a pain in the butt.

But, today it worked out. I went on Youtube and found out that it was just the button that was broken, not the window motor or whatever. I popped the button off and used a screwdriver to get the window up.

I told that to Mrs. Flops as a happy story, but all she got out of it was that she has to use a screwdriver to operate the window until I can find a replacement button. She's from Virginia, officer's daughter, and she always thinks I'm trying to force her to be a Texas redneck.

Forum List

Back