Happy Eighty-Sixth Birthday In Heaven Jim Henson

Thanks, but I really do have special needs and I thought that you were laughing because you didn't believe me.

I was laughing cause I thought you meant the Dems were mentally challenged, not you! EEK!

Yes, I thought you were making a funny.

Well.......we ALL have special needs in our own ways. So there's that.

I've worked with the handicapped, the mentally retarded, and the physically disabled.
What I've found, is that they are just people. They might be lumbered with a wheelchair, or a spinal problem, or have an extreme "ism", but they all have their say, their own voice, their own personalities, their own opinions.
One just has to LEARN how THEY communicate. And for most, it's not hard to do. And the time and efforts to learn aren't a problem for me.

Most of those I worked with were very smart. Some had superlative IQ's, it was just hard for them to communicate what was on their minds, unless you knew HOW they communicated. Then it was simple.

I also found, that it's not THEM who have special needs, it's all those around them that have the special needs, as to know how to communicate with these people.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a fucking dumbshit asshole...........until I started working with these people. They made ME feel useless because I couldn't understand THEM. I essentially had to learn new languages. And I felt like such a putz afterwards, because I never considered myself an asshole of such magnitude I that I would dis people like that.......but I did.

So it's not YOU that has to adjust to US..........WE have to adjust to YOU.

Hope that makes sense. And if you ever think I'm laughing at you, TELL ME! I will shut myself down. I never want you to think of me doing that.

Kinda changes your life when you learn THEIR language, and the first time I ever talked to one of my customers, he smiled really big when I told him I understood what he was telling me. (he couldn't speak, but he would smile, giggle, point, wave a hand, or try to clap as his responses)

I felt like the Grinch on that day........

db6a7280b63f75785e5d413bf77037bd.gif

I was laughing cause I thought you meant the Dems were mentally challenged, not you! EEK!

Yes, I thought you were making a funny.

Well.......we ALL have special needs in our own ways. So there's that.

I've worked with the handicapped, the mentally retarded, and the physically disabled.
What I've found, is that they are just people. They might be lumbered with a wheelchair, or a spinal problem, or have an extreme "ism", but they all have their say, their own voice, their own personalities, their own opinions.
One just has to LEARN how THEY communicate. And for most, it's not hard to do. And the time and efforts to learn aren't a problem for me.

Most of those I worked with were very smart. Some had superlative IQ's, it was just hard for them to communicate what was on their minds, unless you knew HOW they communicated. Then it was simple.

I also found, that it's not THEM who have special needs, it's all those around them that have the special needs, as to know how to communicate with these people.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a fucking dumbshit asshole...........until I started working with these people. They made ME feel useless because I couldn't understand THEM. I essentially had to learn new languages. And I felt like such a putz afterwards, because I never considered myself an asshole of such magnitude I that I would dis people like that.......but I did.

So it's not YOU that has to adjust to US..........WE have to adjust to YOU.

Hope that makes sense. And if you ever think I'm laughing at you, TELL ME! I will shut myself down. I never want you to think of me doing that.

Kinda changes your life when you learn THEIR language, and the first time I ever talked to one of my customers, he smiled really big when I told him I understood what he was telling me. (he couldn't speak, but he would smile, giggle, point, wave a hand, or try to clap as his responses)

I felt like the Grinch on that day........

db6a7280b63f75785e5d413bf77037bd.gif

Exactly! I just try my best on here and stick to the threads I understand. Just because I have disabilities with comprehension doesn't mean I have issues. I'm not a liberal.

Also unlike liberals I'm not afraid to use phrases like I don't know or I don't understand.

Oh my gosh, Frank Oz retired!? I didn't have a clue. :omg:
As far as I know, he is the only voice person who is left. Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt from the Sesame Street show are gone too.

God bless you and Mr. Oz always!!!

Holly

P.S. This my favorite clip of Mr. Oz because he did it with my newest favorite, I love the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman who gave us David from the Sesame Street show so much.

As far as I know, he is the only voice person who is left. Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt from the Sesame Street show are gone too.

God bless you and Mr. Oz always!!!

Holly

P.S. This my favorite clip of Mr. Oz because he did it with my newest favorite, I love the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman who gave us David from the Sesame Street show so much.

Do you mean left alive or on the show?

I must have been thinking about this thread last night because I had a dream that Bert presented Ernie with a ring and they started making-out. The sad reality is that dream or rather should I say nightmare is probably going to come true someday. Oh and were the Martians grooving to dead air? :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back