Actually everyone will be resurrected whether they believe in Him or not. The resurrection is universal.
Where you end up after the resurrection though is up to you.
To bad so many on this forum write the Gospel off as a myth
So if we don't buy your religion we'll end up where?

What about Jew Mormons and Muslims? They believe their religions are the real deal just like you believe in yours.
This is Easter, His day, not anyone else's. The others have their own days, hooray them at that time, that is if you have a logic to do so. Lucky us Christians, we have logic on our side, which others don't. Others don't even get as far as understanding the Holly Trinity.

Well, there are only two Easters a year, yep, only two days he came back to life, and yeah, only two days he was born too.

So the Orthodox people aren't celebrating Easter today, well, well.....
What? So you are jelos that your religion has only one holiday but we have more? I have a solution for you. Join Christianity and become a Christian. You will enjoy it.

I'm not jealous, I don't have a religion. I was brought up by a Christian mother, forced to go to church and hated every minute of it. Since then I've kept myself happier by following my own brain, rather than stuff people tell me to think and do.

Actually everyone will be resurrected whether they believe in Him or not. The resurrection is universal.

What about Jew Mormons and Muslims? They believe their religions are the real deal just like you believe in yours.
This is Easter, His day, not anyone else's. The others have their own days, hooray them at that time, that is if you have a logic to do so. Lucky us Christians, we have logic on our side, which others don't. Others don't even get as far as understanding the Holly Trinity.

Well, there are only two Easters a year, yep, only two days he came back to life, and yeah, only two days he was born too.

True! Our Easter isn't this week.
The orthodox Easter should be celebrated too, and it is the same story and same symbol and same Christ. In fact, the orthodox celebrations are dressed even prettier, I think, than the western ones. Calendars change and come and go, the Lors Jesus Christ stays.

No, he changes too. In fact he changes every time someone decides he changes.

Often he's a blonde dude. How many blonde dudes were in that part of the world 2000 years ago?

Also, don't forget, that Easter is the day of renewal and fertility. New eggs give new chicken, and new seeds give new harvest. You begin to see the girls with deeper cleavage, and the boobs curve ahead stronger. In fact, the prettier and curvier your girl is, the better her land will yield at harvest time.

Puta, the Spanish/Italian/Portuguese word for "bitch" or "prostitute" came from a minor God of fertility. This harks back to the days before Christianity existed, when religion stated that having sex in an oracle with some priestess or other would make the world come alive.

But then Christianity decided sex was bad, so the God of fertility became the devil, the minor god became a bitch, and hey, everyone's deciding that reproduction is bad (while celebrating reproduction of life at Spring time).

The Chinese also celebrate this, Spring Festival, has nothing to do with Jesus though.

I question the sanity of modern folks who can foresee a savior coming in floating on a cloud and calling to his servants seeing them rise up from their graves and join him in a city behind golden gates for an eternal life of bliss while all those who believe anything else burn in the eternal fires of hell. It takes a real self centered, egotistical prick to think like that:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."
~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

I question the sanity of modern folks who can foresee a savior coming in floating on a cloud and calling to his servants seeing them rise up from their graves and join him in a city behind golden gates for an eternal life of bliss while all those who believe anything else burn in the eternal fires of hell. It takes a real self centered, egotistical prick to think like that:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

Ask any "christian" and they'll tell you the deplore and despise ISIS's burning people alive. That's certainly the way I feel about it. What a horrendous way to die and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. Thankfully, its over pretty quickly.

But, christians are okay with their god burning people alive for all of eternity.

According to some here, if I do good works all my life, if I live an exemplary life but do not "accept god/Jesus as my personal savior", I will burn in hell for all of eternity.

OTOH, if I murder, rape, pillage, burn, lie, steal, cheat BUT ask god for forgiveness, I will go to heaven.

As for easter - god murdered his own child. A young man who, by all accounts did only good works, helped the less fortunate, fed people, cared for the sick and spread love wherever he went - and god murdered him.

Why would I want to worship such hate-filled god?

Further, if we read the posts on this board, the so-called "christians" are some of the nastiest, hate-filled people on the planet. They consistently post that the least among us should be ridiculed, harmed, have no rights, beaten, starved and on and on. They write that the poor, sick, children, women, gays, vets are not worthy of our care and help. They tell us that even women who are struggling to raise their children alone should be castigated, punished and that they and their kids should be starved and forced to live on the street.

10330342_1081863848542841_5815481250812627280_n.jpg

Ask any "christian" and they'll tell you the deplore and despise ISIS's burning people alive. That's certainly the way I feel about it. What a horrendous way to die and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. Thankfully, its over pretty quickly.

But, christians are okay with their god burning people alive for all of eternity.

According to some here, if I do good works all my life, if I live an exemplary life but do not "accept god/Jesus as my personal savior", I will burn in hell for all of eternity.

OTOH, if I murder, rape, pillage, burn, lie, steal, cheat BUT ask god for forgiveness, I will go to heaven.

As for easter - god murdered his own child. A young man who, by all accounts did only good works, helped the less fortunate, fed people, cared for the sick and spread love wherever he went - and god murdered him.

Further, if we read the posts on this board, the so-called "christians" are some of the nastiest, hate-filled people on the planet. They consistently post that the least among us should be ridiculed, harmed, have no rights, beaten, starved and on and on. They write that the poor, sick, children, women, gays, vets are not worthy of our care and help. They tell us that even women who are struggling to raise their children alone should be castigated, punished and that they and their kids should be starved and forced to live on the street.

I don't think God is going to burn people alive for ever. Maybe He was using hyperbole to emphasize the point.
I am mifft why you put your trust in partisan politics, like politics is gong to protect you or somethin. Yet you'll reject Someone who can protect you forever.

What? So you are jelos that your religion has only one holiday but we have more? I have a solution for you. Join Christianity and become a Christian. You will enjoy it.

I'm not jealous, I don't have a religion. I was brought up by a Christian mother, forced to go to church and hated every minute of it. Since then I've kept myself happier by following my own brain, rather than stuff people tell me to think and do.
Especially when the things they tell you to do don't make any sense.

I watched The Ten Commandments last night and noticed God saved the Jews when he parted the Seas and allowed them to escape then he drowned all the Pharaohs men. So God can do whatever he wants to do and so then when Jesus instigated and antagonized the Jewish high priest he was asking to get crucified. Also God allowed it because he could have done anything he wanted to save Jesus it was a suicide mission done on purpose and nothing could have stopped it. So Jewish people don't feel bad

And a televangelist today was explaining this morning how it wasn't sampson's friends who made him great it was Goliath his enemy.

So Christians, you are welcome.

I love it!!

Einstein probably belonged to those Jewish sects that deny afterlife, they existed for 6000 years. And for the eternal fire, the gospels also call it Gehenna, which is also a physical place in ancient Jerusalem which was dedicated to trash burning. Hence it is a fire of purification. In other words, those souls that can't be carried over will be disassembled and deleted at that point.

No, it is not logical that you get an automatic absolution from God for your crimes. I know that prisons are full of self serving prayers, especially death row, I guess.

God does not have to answer all prayers and it doesn't.

And the problem with being good and exemplary is that it is useless, because it still discounts its collaterals. Only Jesus Christ can balance that.

I don't think God is going to burn people alive for ever. Maybe He was using hyperbole to emphasize the point.
I am mifft why you put your trust in partisan politics, like politics is gong to protect you or somethin. Yet you'll reject Someone who can protect you forever.

So, your god LIED to get you to believe in him.

I have never said that partisan politics "is gong [sic] to protect" me.

And I certainly don't believe some imaginary creature, flying around the clouds will either.

Einstein probably belonged to those Jewish sects that deny afterlife, they existed for 6000 years. And for the eternal fire, the gospels also call it Gehenna, which is also a physical place in ancient Jerusalem which was dedicated to trash burning. Hence it is a fire of purification. In other words, those souls that can't be carried over will be disassembled and deleted at that point.

"Einstein probably believed ..."????

Instead of making an incorrect asssumption, why don't you educate yourself as to what he believed? Or simply do not comment on his beliefs.

Jesus was not a christian. He was a Jew.

How can one believe that souls exist AND believe they are "trash" to be destroyed?

No, it is not logical that you get an automatic absolution from God for your crimes. I know that prisons are full of self serving prayers, especially death row, I guess.

And the problem with being good and exemplary is that it is useless, because it still discounts its collaterals. Only Jesus Christ can balance that.

Your post doesn't make any sense but I disagree that "being good and exemplary is useless".

And I certainly don't believe some imaginary creature, flying around the clouds will either.

Instead of making an incorrect asssumption, why don't you educate yourself as to what he believed? Or simply do not comment on his beliefs.

How can one believe that souls exist AND believe they are "trash" to be destroyed?

Your post doesn't make any sense but I disagree that "being good and exemplary is useless".
Everything can be destroyed and deleted, why not souls? Apart from this the being exemplary and good too has a price, like everything has a price. So, then, logically, who will balance your books? So far, only Jesus Christ came forward to do that job. By the way, interestingly, the bible also says, that the whole creation knows this, every animal, plant, down to the last piece of stone, but only humans like forgetting it. Interesting ....

Hey Luddy.... Have a Happy and enjoyable Easter. :)

Forum List

Back