HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY !!!

Apparently the undeserved fame Christopher Columbus enjoyed grew out of new Yorks italian community back in the 1790's. And he was considered a racist at the time. Or so the article said.

You may have learned in school that Christopher Columbus discovered America in 1492 in the Niña, the Pinta and the Santa Maria and proved for the first time in history that the earth wasn’t flat. Actually, he didn’t — discover America or prove that the earth wasn’t flat, and there is some question as to the names of his ships.

His four trips from Spain across the Atlantic — in 1492, 1493, 1498 and 1502 — did, however, change human history forever, ushering in what is known as the Columbian Exchange — the historic exchange of plants, animals, disease, culture, technology and people between the Old and New Worlds. The Old World, for example, got chocolate (and many other things), and the New World got wheat, along with bubonic plague, chicken pox, cholera, malaria, measles, typhoid, etc., which decimated the populations of indigenous people Columbus found living on the islands he “discovered.”

Columbus himself is irrelevant, he's just a figurehead and represents the beginning of the great western culture on this hemisphere. :beer:

banner_columbus.gif

Too bad he never discovered North America...

Apparently the undeserved fame Christopher Columbus enjoyed grew out of new Yorks italian community back in the 1790's. And he was considered a racist at the time. Or so the article said.

You may have learned in school that Christopher Columbus discovered America in 1492 in the Niña, the Pinta and the Santa Maria and proved for the first time in history that the earth wasn’t flat. Actually, he didn’t — discover America or prove that the earth wasn’t flat, and there is some question as to the names of his ships.

His four trips from Spain across the Atlantic — in 1492, 1493, 1498 and 1502 — did, however, change human history forever, ushering in what is known as the Columbian Exchange — the historic exchange of plants, animals, disease, culture, technology and people between the Old and New Worlds. The Old World, for example, got chocolate (and many other things), and the New World got wheat, along with bubonic plague, chicken pox, cholera, malaria, measles, typhoid, etc., which decimated the populations of indigenous people Columbus found living on the islands he “discovered.”

Columbus himself is irrelevant, he's just a figurehead and represents the beginning of the great western culture on this hemisphere. :beer:

Yeah...

If the expansion of Christianity and killing off ( Mass genocide ) the Native Population while stealing their land is great progress, well Hitler would have been proud...

Then again Andrew Jackson would have been proud too...

Sounds like you want to migrate back to Europe or use hand sanitizer.

Wow a group of people invaded somewhere and took over the conquered territory? In the history of humankind, that never happened before? Interesting.

Yeah...

If the expansion of Christianity and killing off ( Mass genocide ) the Native Population while stealing their land is great progress, well Hitler would have been proud...

There's the good little liberal. :beer:

Yeah...

There's the good little liberal. :beer:

Nothing about it being Liberal but factual instead...

No one cares where Columbus landed. The whole point is the symbolism of the beginning of the beautiful and wonderful western culture being planted on this hemisphere.

Yes he did.

He did?

What part of Mexico, United States or Canada did he land on?

I wrote North America and not Central America or the Islands off the coast...

I bet you believe Columbus was the first human to discover the New World, right?
He was the first human that mattered. Behind him was 5 European global empires with the technology and infrastructure to exploit his discovery and begin colonization immediately.

Yes he did.

He did?

I bet you believe Columbus was the first human to discover the New World, right?
He was the first human that mattered. Behind him was 5 European global empires with the technology and infrastructure to exploit his discovery and begin colonization immediately.

1. I was correct Columbus never discovered North America.

2. You just admitted that the natives of the regions he sailed to do not matter to you and believe that Columbus was the first one to ever sail to this region of this world.

3. Now tell me what regions of this world did Columbus sail to and again remember it was not North America?

Please explain how you can sail West to end up in the Far East then bright one.

Yes he did.

He did?

2. You just admitted that the natives of the regions he sailed to do not matter to you and believe that Columbus was the first one to ever sail to this region of this world.

3. Now tell me what regions of this world did Columbus sail to and again remember it was not North America?
1. The Caribbean is part of North America, dumbass.

2. I'm descended from those natives and from a global perspective, my people were more primative than the ancient Egyptians and we were in the way of progress.

3. I didn't say he was the first to sail to North America. Now you're just being a lying sack of shit.

Yes he did.

He did?

1. The Caribbean is part of North America, dumbass.

2. I'm descended from those natives and from a global perspective, my people were more primative than the ancient Egyptians and we were in the way of progress.

3. I didn't say he was the first to sail to North America. Now you're just being a lying sack of shit.

The lying stack of shit is you and I doubt you are anything but a slug from whale shit.

The reality is Columbus did not discover shit seeing it was here before he sailed here. The stupid fucking Catholic whores want to pretend that all civilizations in this region of the world was nothing and until the Catholics came those pagans were uncivilized as can be.

Studies of this region of the world has shown that Europeans were at times the ass backwards ones and still their inbred offspring believe Columbus discovered something that was never discovered by him.

he brought war, death and genocide to the native populations but you will deny this and proclaim Columbus is some saint and anyone that does not agree with you is a liar...

Now again what part of Mexico, the United States of America and Canada did Columbus discover and seeing he did not discover this region mean you need to take your ass to Central America and South America and celebrate the man that brought Genocide and lies!

Columbus Day 2016 in NYC guide
Check out all the information you need to know about Columbus Day 2016 including the Columbus Day parade

Get ready to celebrate Columbus Day 2016! NYC will be giving a proverbial toast to the man who discovered America (more of less) on Monday, October 10 through an Italian-American procession and more events happening in city. In fact, the Columbus Day Parade is one of the biggest NYC events in October, for over 35,000 marchers and groups participate in the spectacle that takes over Fifth Avenue. If you’re not much of a walker, do some exploring of your own and check out New York attractions you’ve never seen, like the Columbus statue on top of the Columbus Circle monument. You can always celebrate with a plate of spaghetti at one of the best Italian restaurants in NYC, too.

Forum List

Back