Happy Birthday, George W. Bush (43)!

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

Former US President George W. Bush (R, 2001-2009), celebrates his 68th birthday this weekend.

George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Former President Bush was born on July 6th, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut and was raised in Midland and Houston, Texas.

He was 55 years old when he was elected as our 43rd president in 2000 and inaugurated in 2001.

Happy Birthday, President Bush, and many, many more!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, our last four presidents have all been born in the summer months of June, July or August:

George H. W. Bush (41): June 12, 1924 (90 years old)
Bill Clinton: August 19th, 1946 (67 years old, soon to be 68)
George W. Bush (43): July 6th, 1946 (68 years old)
Barack Obama: August 4th, 1961 (52 years old, soon to be 53)

Former President Jimmy Carter was also born in 1924, on October 1, so soon we have two former still-living presidents who will be in their nineties. That is a great rarity in American politics. In fact, I remember no other time in our history where two former presidents have made it to 90 at the same time: John Adams made it to 90 and died in 1826. Herbert Hoover made it to 90 and died in 1964. Ronald Reagan made it to 93 and died in 2004. So, when Jimmy Carter turns 90 in October, he will join a club of only five presidents to have made it this far. Ronald Reagan lived the longest of any US President in history thus far.

Here's hoping for long life for all of these Presidents who are still living, of course. :)

Last edited:
-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

Former US President George W. Bush (R, 2001-2009), celebrates his 68th birthday this weekend.

Former President Bush was born on July 6th, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut and was raised in Midland and Houston, Texas.

He was 55 years old when he was elected as our 43rd president in 2000 and inaugurated in 2001.

On a side note, our last four presidents have all been born in the summer months of June, July or August:

Former President Jimmy Carter was also born in 1924, on October 1, so soon we have two former still-living presidents who will be in their nineties. That is a great rarity in American politics. In fact, I remember no other time in our history where two former presidents have made it to 90 at the same time: John Adams made it to 90 and died in 1826. Herbert Hoover made it to 90 and died in 1964. Ronald Reagan made it to 93 and died in 2004. So, when Jimmy Carter turns 90 in October, he will join a club of only five presidents to have made it this far. Ronald Reagan lived the longest of any US President in history thus far.

Here's hoping for long life for all of these Presidents who are still living, of course. :)

Many pleasant returns, though he was raised primarily in Maine.

• Banned
-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

The wiki claims that he was raised mostly in Texas. No way to measure the exact number of days here.... but yeah, he was also raised in Maine, I assume, in Kennebunkport. However, at least through the 8th grade, he was raised in Texas.

Last edited:
-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

The wiki claims that he was raised mostly in Texas. No way to measure the exact number of days here.... but yeah, he was also raised in Maine, I assume, in Kennebunkport. However, at least through the 8th grade, he was raised in Texas.

From Andover to Yale, a northeastern guy. Plus summers in Maine, and holidays. But he claims Texas, so that is his home state. He retired to Houston, in a condo of course, the "ranch years" were short lived. :D

• Banned
Fuck George W Bush, The Asshole.

What was the count of dead soldiers from Iraq who never even saw their next birthdays?

I disagreed with former President Bush on a lot of issues, but I like and respect the man and the office he once held.

I have never even once called any President an asshole, not even Nixon.

I haven't ever used weird, insulting nicknames for a single US President or Vice-President ever, not even once.

Whether we like them or hate them, they made it to the presidency, and the absolute minimum of respect is to address them with the correct title and not hurl perjoratives at them.

Your posting is WAY out of line on the thread like this.

What was the count of dead soldiers from Iraq who never even saw their next birthdays?

IDK, how many Iraqi soldiers died? All I know is that if they fought harder against Hussein we wouldn't have had to have sent American soldiers to Iraq.

Happy Birthday G.W. you are without a doubt, the best president ever to formerly own a baseball team, just wish it hadn't have been an AL team, I'm an NL guy.

I disagreed with former President Bush on a lot of issues, but I like and respect the man and the office he once held.

I haven't ever used weird, insulting nicknames for a single US President or Vice-President ever, not even once.

Whether we like them or hate them, they made it to the presidency, and the absolute minimum of respect is to address them with the correct title and not hurl perjoratives at them.

Really? So how many did Da Man get killed in Iraq for no good reason?

The fact the Supreme Court handed Bush the election makes his time in office a fraud and therefore he deserves whatever shit is thrown his way.

But if it would make YOU feel better, send him a card. Me, I will still call him an asshole. Something about getting young men and women killed for no good reason just don't sit well with me. You? I don't know about. But I figure you must like him. Not me.

Let's just agree that he was raised Mainely in Texas.

Lol. Good one.

I am just picky about Presidential history; Bush II, Massachusetts, until age 5-6, Andover, at age 12-13, then Connecticut, then a couple years or so in Texas, & Alabama, back to Massachusetts until age 25. After that, between Maine & Texas.

So, what you are saying is that he was raised in Massa-texas??

:lol:

I too am a stickler for detail, but am just not so sure that in the grand scheme of things, that this is all too important...

It does, however, again reinforce the impression that Americans have become more and more mobile and often "live" in more than one place.

Being I have NOTHING nice to say what so ever about this man, I will abstain from sending him Birthday wishes.

Really? So how many did Da Man get killed in Iraq for no good reason?

The fact the Supreme Court handed Bush the election makes his time in office a fraud and therefore he deserves whatever shit is thrown his way.

But if it would make YOU feel better, send him a card. Me, I will still call him an asshole. Something about getting young men and women killed for no good reason just don't sit well with me. You? I don't know about. But I figure you must like him. Not me.

I take it you'd rather had Saddam starve 1,559,000 children which would have happened if it weren't for the deaths of 4,489 soldiers.
I also take it you'd rather have Saddam continue to stay in power so that another nearly 2 million people would have died.

Here is an excerpt:":Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran. Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power"
IRAQ: Deaths under Saddam Hussein

As many as 576,000 Iraqi children may have died since the end of the Persian Gulf war because of economic sanctions imposed by the Security Council,
according to two scientists who surveyed the country for the Food and Agriculture Organization.
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children, U.N. Reports - NYTimes.com

Let's see.. 2 million men women children murdered,starved by Saddam if YOU had your way does that sound right?

Lol. Good one.

I am just picky about Presidential history; Bush II, Massachusetts, until age 5-6, Andover, at age 12-13, then Connecticut, then a couple years or so in Texas, & Alabama, back to Massachusetts until age 25. After that, between Maine & Texas.

I too am a stickler for detail, but am just not so sure that in the grand scheme of things, that this is all too important...

It does, however, again reinforce the impression that Americans have become more and more mobile and often "live" in more than one place.

Kennetexport:D Yes, though the Bush family is based in Maine, his residence is Texas now. His criminal charges were all in the northeast. Jeb! was born in Texas, in 1953, soon after the family relocated while GHWB was in the oil business, went to colege there, lived there until 1980, now Florida.

Just want to remind again: this is a non-partisan thread and simply a Happy Birthday, nothing less and nothing more.

A number of members understood this, like Sallow and Rightwinger and Peach.

You know, sometimes just a birthday wish is a birthday wish. And I do think that former Pres. George W. Bush deserves our best wishes for his birthday.

Kennetexport:D Yes, though the Bush family is based in Maine, his residence is Texas now. His criminal charges were all in the northeast. Jeb! was born in Texas, in 1953, soon after the family relocated while GHWB was in the oil business, went to colege there, lived there until 1980, now Florida.

Ok, let's go with Massekennemidtexport. :D

I'll get cracking on a map right away!!!!

Just want to remind again: this is a non-partisan thread and simply a Happy Birthday, nothing less and nothing more.

A number of members understood this, like Sallow and Rightwinger and Peach.

You know, sometimes just a birthday wish is a birthday wish. And I do think that former Pres. George W. Bush deserves our best wishes for his birthday.

That's your opinion.. More power to ya.

Forum List

Back