Happy Birthday, Caligula

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
He would have been 2008 years old today. One of the most noteworthy of the Roman emperors.

BTW, 8/31 is also the birthday of Emperor/Gladiator Commodus as well, who was also assassinated.

He would have been 2008 years old today. One of the most noteworthy of the Roman emperors.

BTW, 8/31 is also the birthday of Emperor/Gladiator Commodus as well, who was also assassinated.

Now THERE was a fun guy......................................................................................I kid, I kid!

For most of his youth, Caligula’s great-grandmother Livia shielded him from politics—but a sudden tragedy changed all of that.Tiberius’s son died, perhaps murdered by a political rival. Either way, Tiberius suddenly had no heir. In 31 AD, he summoned Caligula to his pleasure island of Capri and adopted the boy.

For most of his youth, Caligula’s great-grandmother Livia shielded him from politics—but a sudden tragedy changed all of that.Tiberius’s son died, perhaps murdered by a political rival. Either way, Tiberius suddenly had no heir. In 31 AD, he summoned Caligula to his pleasure island of Capri and adopted the boy.
Thanks for this info, Roy. I hope you're doing well there in the UK.

Caligula(Gaius Caesar Augustus Germanicus) knew how to party

128.jpg

Forum List

Back