Handguns vs. AR-15s

Was that a sentence?

As for "all we need to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun", that theory has been completely blown out of the water. The police at Parkland and in Uvalde completely failed to stop the bad guys with guns.

Only an idiot would continue to subscribe to this idiotic bullshit disastrous idea.
And even when the good guys DO stop the bad guys, mass murder has almost always already occurred .

The Uvalde cops could have stormed that building, and there would still be a pile of dead children.

So the entire argument is embarrassing and mind numbigly stupid.

That's not what was said at all. In fact, the OP made long posts about the actual, physical effects on the human body.

Then you pinch off this pile of shit? You people have a disorder. Worms in your brains.

Yeah no shit that a rifle round does more damage than a handgun round. If you get hit by a hellfire missile that does more damage than a rifle round. But since that's not happening with any regularity who gives a shit. There are almost 11k gun murders every year and less than 300 are committed by rifles, the rest by hand guns. But Im sure the AR15 is the problem and if we can just ban that all these issues go away.

It's like you guys have no concept of how to prioritize problems. We have limited time and resources and unlimited problems. If we just swing our focus wildly to each one as it pops up in the news or dont prioritize issue according to how severe they actually are and give them their due focus we will continue to just have the problems and they will never be solved.

Compare the damage an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun can do to the human body: “One looks like a grenade went off in there,” says Peter Rhee, a trauma surgeon at the University of Arizona. “The other looks like a bad knife cut.”

[snip]

The bullet from an AR-15 does an entirely different kind of violence to the human body. It’s relatively small, but it leaves the muzzle at three times the speed of a handgun bullet. It has so much energy that it can disintegrate three inches of leg bone. “It would just turn it to dust,” says Donald Jenkins, a trauma surgeon at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If it hits the liver, “the liver looks like a jello mold that’s been dropped on the floor.”

Compare the damage an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun can do to the human body: “One looks like a grenade went off in there,” says Peter Rhee, a trauma surgeon at the University of Arizona. “The other looks like a bad knife cut.”

[snip]

The bullet from an AR-15 does an entirely different kind of violence to the human body. It’s relatively small, but it leaves the muzzle at three times the speed of a handgun bullet. It has so much energy that it can disintegrate three inches of leg bone. “It would just turn it to dust,” says Donald Jenkins, a trauma surgeon at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If it hits the liver, “the liver looks like a jello mold that’s been dropped on the floor.”

Hollow points in handguns ain't pretty either. Let's focus on the root causes of these shootings and not worry about which gun causes less damage.

Was that a sentence?

As for "all we need to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun", that theory has been completely blown out of the water. The police at Parkland and in Uvalde completely failed to stop the bad guys with guns.

Only an idiot would continue to subscribe to this idiotic bullshit disastrous idea.
If you really gave a shit you would be pushing for armed security in schools. Other that that I don't give a flying fuck

Exponentially more people are shot by handguns than AR 15's. Simple fact.
Well, that's comforting. Shall I call the families of the people killed by the repeated appearance of AR15s in the hands of nutters at mass murders, and assure them they actually got lucky?

I mean, they could have used HANDGUNS

*shiver*

No handgun manufacturer ever advertised their weapons as "Saturday Night Specials" of course, just like they don't advertise "military style assault weapons" either.

Well, that's comforting. Shall I call the families of the people killed by the repeated appearance of AR15s in the hands of nutters at mass murders, and assure them they actually got lucky?

I mean, they could have used HANDGUNS

*shiver*

Forest for the trees....

You say pointing out that rifle rounds make larger holes in children and are more deadly is nothing but appeal to emotion.

I will happily accept the contrast that is evident between me and you, an amoral failed human.
I didn't say any of that, you infered. I simply made a factual statement about how the emotive is the primary tool in politics. I also never said it was only one party that uses the emotive, in fact the emotive approach makes up at least 80% of all politics.

Forum List

Back