Hammerhead Shark - Weirdest Sea Monster Of The Ocean

sam5971

Feb 13, 2020
Hammerhead shark is probably the weirdest type of sharks. There are 9 different species of hammerhead shark worldwide, ranging from 3 to 20 feet in length. The largest being the great hammerhead shark. They are found in warm coastal tropical and temperate waters across the globe. The sharks get their name after specific shape of the head that looks like a flat hammer. The flat shaped head is thought to allow them to detect prey more easily, as it increases the hammerhead sharks sensitivity to sonar activity.

What's really weird is we built a plane that mimics it.

485.jpg

We had an 18 footer circle our boat for a good 15 minutes while offshore fishing.
We finally fired up the motor and left because there sure as hell weren't any fish with him hanging around.

Hammerhead shark is probably the weirdest type of sharks. There are 9 different species of hammerhead shark worldwide, ranging from 3 to 20 feet in length. The largest being the great hammerhead shark. They are found in warm coastal tropical and temperate waters across the globe. The sharks get their name after specific shape of the head that looks like a flat hammer. The flat shaped head is thought to allow them to detect prey more easily, as it increases the hammerhead sharks sensitivity to sonar activity.

I've seen them in the south pacific but it wasn't costal as it was mid ocean but it was warm. About 3 degrees south of the equator. Big suckers too. Very graceful.

One of the craziest bastards I ever knew was a sailor in Guantanamo Bay who would go out into the bay in a rubber boat and hunt hammerheads with nothing but a knife which he would plunge into their heads.

One of the craziest bastards I ever knew was a sailor in Guantanamo Bay who would go out into the bay in a rubber boat and hunt hammerheads with nothing but a knife which he would plunge into their heads.

Yeah...thats crazy.
We used to fish for sharks offshore in kayaks.
We'd paddle out about 11 miles off of Surfside beach and fish the rigs.
Took a noob with me one day and the sharks started feeding about fifty yards in front of us.
Of course I'm paddling like mad to get close enough for a cast and he's screaming like a girl and holding on to my Yak.
That was the last time I took him out.

I think he just got a surfboard stuck in his nose. Hope the surfer survived

Forum List

Back