Hamlin wins at Pocono

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.

Always enjoyed the Pocono races on TV. Its a tri-oval so there is some strategy involved. Also good to see the large crowd. My late spouse and I used to watch NASCAR quite regularly in the old days. Its hard doing it alone TBH. But it was fun seeing it while eating some pizza.

I'm going to take this opportunity to agree with you. That doesn't happen that often. I like the Pocono race on TV too. I just avoid driving up by the track on race weekend. The traffic up there is murder.

I can only watch the restrictor plate races these days, and sometimes those are tough to get thru. It certainly has changed from when I loved it 25 years ago. All the colorful characters are gone.

I can only watch the restrictor plate races these days, and sometimes those are tough to get thru. It certainly has changed from when I loved it 25 years ago. All the colorful characters are gone.

I love road races; Watkins Glen and Sonoma. I wish they had more of them. The pit crews are really challenged in them. The big change that I've seen in my superficial (admittedly) viewing of a few races over the last few seasons is how much teamwork is now front and center. They've all but admitted that a driver will assist a team mate who has a better chance of winning instead of first trying to move up himself.

Forum List

Back