Had this been a Rep. governor

Today the Congress; tomorrow the Presidency but still the Democrats will claim this is a non-issue.

By the way, where is TDM on this issue? :eusa_shhh:

Immie

She will avoid this thread because it ruins her "Republicans are trying to stop the vote" argument.

Had this been a Rep. governor....

....I'm sure there would have been retards on the left who would say retarded shit like....

We know what happened to Reagan when he OBVIOUSLY joked about bombing the Soviet Union. The Gov of NC made no indication in her speech that she was joking.She only claimed that after the backlash for such an asinine request was made.

The left has begun floating the boat that elections are meaningless and should be suspended. Several prominent papers have had pieces about that very thing. This will continue as the left sees its hold on power diminish as we get closer to the elections.

.....because there are many hyper partisan retards on the left like RGS and co

This whole Debate is silly. Obama has a Bold Agenda, it is Bold, and it is Partisan. This would not be America if the Opposition was not doing everything they could to stop what they see is the Wrong Agenda.

Can any of you Imagine what things would be like if we had suspended Elections and let the Republicans and Bush runs things at will for a while? Why do you think it will be any Better just Because Obama is President? This system only works with Checks and Balances, not by taking the pressure off and letting Politicians do what ever they want, with no consequences at the ballot box.

Today the Congress; tomorrow the Presidency but still the Democrats will claim this is a non-issue.

Immie

She will avoid this thread because it ruins her "Republicans are trying to stop the vote" argument.

Yeah, you are right, but then from now on every time she starts one of those idiotic threads, we can all just remind her about the Democratic Governor from North Carolina.

Immie

Immie

Yeah, you are right, but then from now on every time she starts one of those idiotic threads, we can all just remind her about the Democratic Governor from North Carolina.

Immie

:lol:

Yeah, the time a Dem governor made a joke and didn't actually DO anything.

You usually see through this kind of bullshit, Immie.

Immie

Immie

TM will then produce some obscure Net story about how the NC governor is really a Republican pretending to be a Democrat.

Reality and facts simply do not matter to her.

Immie

It would be an issue if someone was doing it.

Talking about it? Not so much.

It is an issue that a politician even suggests such a thing.
To think that she was seriously "suggesting" it is pretty ridiculous.

There were some on these boards who stated that they thought Bush would declare martial law and remain in power in 2009 although neither he nor any other politician ever stated any such thing nor that we "should" do so.
And those people were fucking morons.

It was a big issue to them then. Why is it not an issue when a politician actually does suggest such a thing?
Because I don't base what I consider a "big issue" on idiots from either side.

This is the same argument that I see all the time.. "You guys did it to Bush...", etc etc. I don't understand why anyone would want to emulate behavior that they clearly don't agree with.

Immie

Immie

Soon to be ex Governor from North Carolina.

Immie

TM will then produce some obscure Net story about how the NC governor is really a Republican pretending to be a Democrat.

Reality and facts simply do not matter to her.

I'm here to say to hell with that perdue is a democrat

I'll take that bet

Deal. If you win, I'll pay in you donuts. If you win, you pay me in dollars.
no you said you would bet dollars or are you lying?

But you should know who you are betting on I am from North Carolina she is the gov of North Carolina. She won't win.

Not familiar with the term "dollars to donuts", are you?

I don't know if she's going to win or not. I do know that her comments won't make a difference, one way or another.

Deal. If you win, I'll pay in you donuts. If you win, you pay me in dollars.

But you should know who you are betting on I am from North Carolina she is the gov of North Carolina. She won't win.

I don't know if she's going to win or not. I do know that her comments won't make a difference, one way or another.

You said I'll bet dollars to doughnuts

Meaning you will bet dollars against doughnuts.

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover," she said. "I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. ... You want people who don't worry about the next election."

Translation:

"My fellow Democrats and I care more about our Party and holding on to power than making sound economic policies that would help the country but are politically unpopular. Please don't hold our records or our pandering against us"

- Governor Bev

BTW...

If you're buying the "just joking" spin, just listen to the audio for yourself at the link below.

Bev Perdue’s open-mic night a total bust « Hot Air

Immie

Yeah, the time a Dem governor made a joke and didn't actually DO anything.

You usually see through this kind of bullshit, Immie.

I listened to the audio version and she didn't sound like she was joking to me. Of course, she could have been. I don't think she was. I would not put this kind of an attempt beyond any politician, Democrat or Republican. And if we are silent when they "joke" about it, pretty soon they will stop "joking" and we will find ourselves with a king or a queen again rather than a duly elected President.

Immie

You said I'll bet dollars to doughnuts

Meaning you will bet dollars against doughnuts.

It's a rhetorical device. Why must you always be so pedantic?

We'll see... I on the other hand dont see her winning, and that will be b/c Democratic brand is becoming very toxic

As I said, I don't know anything about the race, or her, or her popularity.

All I know is that for all the "outrage" now, this will be forgotten, just like every other "outrageous" thing.

We will see about that...

Get back to me in about 14 months.
:cool:

Will do.

Would you care to make a sigline wager? Say, 2 weeks?

If she gets beat, and these comments play a big part in her losing, you can give me whatever sigline you want for two weeks. Otherwise, I get to pick yours.

Care to put your sigline where your mouth is?

Sure.... :clap2:

As long as its not vulgar :wink_2:

Question: Who decides whether THIS comment makes a differnce? I say her record will be her demise.

I can be the impartial judge in this bet. :lol:

Will do.

Would you care to make a sigline wager? Say, 2 weeks?

If she gets beat, and these comments play a big part in her losing, you can give me whatever sigline you want for two weeks. Otherwise, I get to pick yours.

Care to put your sigline where your mouth is?

Sure.... :clap2:

As long as its not vulgar :wink_2:

Question: Who decides whether THIS comment makes a differnce? I say her record will be her demise.

I can be the impartial judge in this bet. :lol:

:rofl:

Thanks, no thanks :tongue:

We'll see... I on the other hand dont see her winning, and that will be b/c Democratic brand is becoming very toxic

As I said, I don't know anything about the race, or her, or her popularity.

All I know is that for all the "outrage" now, this will be forgotten, just like every other "outrageous" thing.

In that you are probably right... the next time she starts one of those idiotic threads, I'll probably be trying to remember which idiotic Democrat it was that actually said we should do this. Hopefully, someone else will be around to remind me.

Although, since those idiotic threads come around about every other day or so, maybe I won't forget who it was. :eusa_whistle:

Immie

Forum List

Back