Hackentosh

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Was wondering what to do with my old Windows gamer, decided I would try to hackentosh it. Installing the installation media on a thumb drive now.
It is a learning curve considering I've never done it before so there is a definite frustration factor built in....... :lol:

Welp, after numerous tries no luck so far. Seems my old Gigabyte GA-78 LMT doesn't support UEFI only EFI. Got it to boot from the thumb drive, gets started then gets stuck on a black screen. I've tried both High Sierra and Mojave. Maybe try an earlier one? :dunno:

When OSX first came out, we had an OSX laptop that dual booted with RedHat, Windows and OSX.
Shit you not.
I think it took us over a week to figure it all out. This is the really important things SysAdmins and IT do in their office bunkers when you do real work. Heh

Yup, that is it. Looks like none of the Phenom series processors are compatible.
I'm running a Phenom II x6 1055T.

I had the same problem some years back with AMD processors. It was around the time I was considering ditching Windows, but ended up keeping Windows around for a few more years until I could justify coughing up the Federal Reserve Notes for the proprietary MAC machine.

Pretty sure it was a strategic move on Apple's part to keep those old processors incompatible. It had to have been, given their competitive nature back then.

Yup, that is it. Looks like none of the Phenom series processors are compatible.

I had the same problem some years back with AMD processors. It was around the time I was considering ditching Windows, but ended up keeping Windows around for a few more years until I could justify coughing up the Federal Reserve Notes for the proprietary MAC machine.

Pretty sure it was a strategic move on Apple's part to keep those old processors incompatible. It had to have been, given their competitive nature back then.
Well I ordered an unused Athlon II x4 860K for $25. It's supposed to fit my mobo.......... And it has the required SSE 4.1 feature.

Well I ordered an unused Athlon II x4 860K for $25. It's supposed to fit my mobo.......... And it has the required SSE 4.1 feature.
Never mind, cancelled the order, it was listed wrong, it doesn't fit my mobo. I'll have to go with a FX series processor.

Forum List

Back