GW authorized Valerie Plume CIA leak!

Bonnie said:
Im hearing pundits say "well it's not a firestorm "legally" but politically watch out"... :sleep:

You the nail right on the head. This is all about perception. If the public perception says the President leaked sensitive intelligence, then thats all the DNC needs to clean house in november. Whether it was ensitive or classified, or if a crime was comitted doesn't matter. This entire mess is publicly wrong. Thats how it will be percieved.

onthefence said:
You the nail right on the head. This is all about perception. If the public perception says the President leaked sensitive intelligence, then thats all the DNC needs to clean house in november. Whether it was ensitive or classified, or if a crime was comitted doesn't matter. This entire mess is publicly wrong. Thats how it will be percieved.

Bingo! It'll be a bloodbath! :chains:

onthefence said:

sorry for the typos. my wife spilled mountain dew on my keyboard.

Dr Grump said:
Bingo! It'll be a bloodbath! :chains:
Right...just like the whole "Bush was AWOL" thing.

Personally, I think the American citizen is beginning to believe that anything presented by the pundits in the MSM is suspect. I know that is true for me. Of course, liberals and Dems believe the American citizen is too stupid to take care of themselves, never mind figure out that 1) there was no crime committed, 2) there is a huge difference between an unauthorized leak and an authorized release of information and 3) the MSM has an axe to grind. Fair and unbiased reporting is a thing of the past.

Kathianne said:
That certainly is what the MSM and DNC are hoping for. I doubt it, much more of a problem for RNC with illegal immigrants. Frist doomed himself forever.

The weenie writes:

http://www.volpac.org/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=243

06:43 PM - April 6th, 2006

We are one step closer to passing a landmark immigration bill in the Senate – one that includes all of the crucial border security, interior security and employer enforcement provisions that I called for at the outset of this debate last week.

Specifically, the latest bill proposes to:

Border Enforcement Specifics:

* Add nearly 15,000 additional border protection agents to augment the 20,000 Customs and Border Protection agents already on the job
* Specifically authorize 1,250 border agents and 1,250 port-of entry inspection agents
* Require Defense Department cooperation on the border, e.g. unmanned drones
* Begin the process of securing every inch of our 1,951 mile border with Mexico by building walls and fences in high traffic areas and using sensors to let our Customs and Border Patrol Agents see and hear those who try and cross through low traffic areas
* Require fingerprint database connectivity between FBI and Border Patrol

Interior Enforcement specifics:

* Increase alien smuggling penalties with a mandatory minimum of 5 years
* Add criminal penalties for various immigration-related document fraud
* Mandate the use of expedited removal for aliens apprehended within 100 miles of the border and 14 days of entry

Employer Enforcement specifics:

* Establish nationwide, mandatory verification program for hiring workers
* Limit the number of acceptable hiring documents with REAL ID standards
* Authorize 2,000 new worksite enforcement agents and 1,000 anti-fraud agents

Enforcement, though paramount in this debate, must be balanced with compassion. As I’ve said before, we are a nation founded by immigrants. But we are also a nation founded on the rule of law, and it is imperative that we respect both of these traditions.

I am pleased that this legislation rejects the notion of blanket amnesty for the roughly 11-12 million illegal immigrants currently living in this country. The simple fact is, amnesty rewards people for breaking the law, and that is unacceptable.

This legislation does enable illegal immigrants who have been here longer than 5 years to start down the road towards legal status – but only by beginning at the end of the line, behind those millions around the world who are seeking to enter America legally. And, rest assured, the criteria for citizenship are strict and unyielding. They must:

* Pass a national security and criminal background check
* Have resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years
* Worked a minimum of 3 years of the last 5 in the U.S.
* Paid all federal and state taxes
* Demonstrated knowledge of English language and American civics requirements
* Pay a $2,000 fine, in addition to required application fees
* Work for an additional 6 years after enactment to ensure that their status is not adjusted before those who are already in line.

In addition, this legislation would require illegal immigrants who have been here less than 5 years, but more than 2 years, to exit the country with the option to return on a temporary work visa. These people could apply for a green card, but with no guarantee as to a result. And once their work visa expires, they would be required to leave the country.

Finally, this legislation would require illegal immigrants here less than 2 years to return home immediately or risk being deported. Only those who return home would be eligible to begin the same process of applying for a worker visa that every other immigrant needs to legally enter to the U.S.

Whereas the initial immigration bill reported out of the Judiciary Committee last week would have allowed almost ALL of the 11-12 million illegal immigrants to stay in the U.S. and transition to legal status, this bill allows only those who have been here more than 5 years to remain … and embark on a strict and precise path to citizenship.

Those who have been here less then 5 years would be required to exit the country if they ever hope to become American citizens.

As I’ve said before, a government’s 1st responsibility is to protect its borders and ports of entry. This legislation will enable us to uphold that responsibility, and simultaneously send a very clear message to every new American that there is a right way and a wrong way to enter our country.

More to follow in the days ahead.

Written by Bill Frist, M.D.
Trackback : http://www.volpac.org/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=243

musicman said:
If he's reading any of the feedback from this article, the weenie ought to be shriveling up like a spider on a hot stove about now!

Gutless bastards - all of them...
A bit of good news, see new thread!

CSM said:
The big question I have is if it is authorized for release, is it still a "leak"?

Of course it's a "leak", albeit a strategically placed one. Of interest to me though is the hypocrisy inherant in the disclosure of classified information in pursuit of the Iraq agenda, while at the same time Bush is complaining about how much he hates leaks and how he wants them investigated.

Perhaps someone should tell him to be careful what he wishes for.

jillian said:
Of course it's a "leak", albeit a strategically placed one. Of interest to me though is the hypocrisy inherant in the disclosure of classified information in pursuit of the Iraq agenda, while at the same time Bush is complaining about how much he hates leaks and how he wants them investigated.

Perhaps someone should tell him to be careful what he wishes for.
It's not 'classified' if he declassifies it. He is the Chief Executive and decides ultimately what is and isn't classified. Does that mean it won't be 'spun' as you are doing? No. But will the public get it? Only if the administration keeps hammering, which they haven't done on most issues.

Kathianne said:
It's not 'classified' if he declassifies it. He is the Chief Executive and decides ultimately what is and isn't classified. Does that mean it won't be 'spun' as you are doing? No. But will the public get it? Only if the administration keeps hammering, which they haven't done on most issues.

By that reckoning, Bush gets to use classified material for anything he wants. That doesn't seem quite right, particularly when he doesn't want us to find out that he's illegally wiretapping people without FISA warrants. Kind of a double standard there.

But I wouldn't worry too much about Bush "hammering" at the issue. This administration is pretty good at that kind of thing.

CSM said:
yep...big difference in the story, eh?

not really, if he testified this in a federal court we can be pretty sure it's true or either Libby's gonna get nailed for perjury (and I don't think he's that stupid).

So? Wilson was a lying rat who deserved to be discredited. Besides, look where they ended up! Photo shoots in Vanity Fair, the toast of DC...damn...I wish GW had it out for me!

theim said:
So? Wilson was a lying rat who deserved to be discredited. Besides, look where they ended up! Photo shoots in Vanity Fair, the toast of DC...damn...I wish GW had it out for me!
Yeah and I guess the administration was just supposed to sit back and let Wilson spread his lies and do nothing. Like hell. I don't blame them for doing what they did.

yeah she was so hurt she had to pose in Vanity Fair. NICE
and I guess leaks are ok from the white house now!

Why was this bumped? First the premise of the thread is incorrect, Libby never said he disclosed any information about Plume and he never said anyone gave him permission to do so.

Second if this is some attempt to defend the leaking of SECRET information from the Obama white house it fails also as the Information Libby was given permission to disclose was not SECRET.

Nor did it involve disclosing information about operatives whose lives would be put at risk by giving th information.

Another fail by the Libs.

The Bush administration exposed a CIA agent for political retribution. Everybody knows this.

Forum List

Back